Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

So while I'm sure we're getting one character announcement during the Nintendo E3 direct, I wonder if the rumor of 2 will be true.

• Thumbs Up 1

sooo....Banjo may possibly finally be confirmed. I’m still skeptical, but this is a big plus for the bear

• Thumbs Up 1

If the rumours of Banjo getting a new game is true, it's very possible, especially with rumours of Xbox Live and possibly Game Pass hitting Switch. With that and MS' business relationship, plus a new game coming, like how Scramble/Royal was announced soon after Joker was released, it's possible.

So what's important to know about the thing is that the endorsement of the ResetEra Admin Shinobi602 is this:

Spoiler

He leaked Smash a year ahead of time with the same phrase

ResetEra has a rep for it's admins and some members knowing this kind of stuff.  People like this guy, King_Zell (/C.Tsubasa), and others frequent this place.  It's the whole reason why I even have an account (I just lurk)

He also said Ridley ahead of time

Here's a list of what he's gotten right in particular (There's probably more, I didn't make the list obviously:

7r3nIDK.png

Also, a member had this to say:

E5NHDXc.png

So there's a lot going for it.  This also adds in other plentiful things like the marketing agency, the figurine, and others.

Believe what you will, but we've been down this road before and it ended up blowing up in faces. 

22 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

So what's important to know about the thing is that the endorsement of the ResetEra Admin Shinobi602 is this:

Hide contents

He leaked Smash a year ahead of time with the same phrase

ResetEra has a rep for it's admins and some members knowing this kind of stuff.  People like this guy, King_Zell (/C.Tsubasa), and others frequent this place.  It's the whole reason why I even have an account (I just lurk)

He also said Ridley ahead of time

Here's a list of what he's gotten right in particular (There's probably more, I didn't make the list obviously:

7r3nIDK.png

Also, a member had this to say:

E5NHDXc.png

So there's a lot going for it.  This also adds in other plentiful things like the marketing agency, the figurine, and others.

Hmmm, considering Ryce's own track record too, when he endorses something like this, people listen big time. 

• Promotion 1

Oh shit, what was that about Banjo never getting in??

I believe I promised something when he got in...

TRAILER BOYS:

• Nice Smile 2

Correct! 4 different versions of Dragon Quest Hero plus Banjo & Kazooie are DLC Fighters for SSBU!

D8yujYVXUAARaxg.jpg

djfhutjogjq1tuun4uph.png

• Thumbs Up 3

I think that leaves Sora as the last mega hyped up character for the majority outspoken.

I was sure they'd announce 2 characters. Though I probably coulda done without the repeated gag for Banjo....but muthafukan Banjo. The hick Banjo's be stringing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, dbzfan7 said:

I think that leaves Sora as the last mega hyped up character for the majority.

I was sure they'd announce 2 characters. Though I probably coulda done without the repeated gag for Banjo....but muthafukan Banjo. The hick Banjo's be stringing.

Nah, screw it. K Rool's reveal trailer was one of the funniest Smash trailers, and having him just hanging around DK's house now, as if the "hype" worn out and they're all kind of bored now was great. K Rool smashing DK's face out of the way to look out the window was brilliant too.

It worked the best as well because DK and especially DK64 are the games that have most connection to Banjo, so I liked they included them in this trailer.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Nah, screw it. K Rool's reveal trailer was one of the funniest Smash trailers, and having him just hanging around DK's house now, as if the "hype" worn out and they're all kind of bored now was great. K Rool smashing DK's face out of the way to look out the window was brilliant too.

It worked the best as well because DK and especially DK64 are the games that have most connection to Banjo, so I liked they included them in this trailer.

Hey it's ok if ya like it. It's just for me it was a little too unoriginal...but the stuff like K Rool getting the Gruntilda was pretty great. That was probably my favourite part of the trailer.

4 minutes ago, Champion Ellipsis-Ultima said:

I assume Banjo is coming at the same time as DQ right

No, summer for Dragon Quest, fall for Banjo-Kazooie

11 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

No, summer for Dragon Quest, fall for Banjo-Kazooie

Ohhh. Ok

Soooo....Safe to say Vergeben got misinformed or led on by his “source” regarding Minecraft content showing up. 

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Soooo....Safe to say Vergeben got misinformed or led on by his “source” regarding Minecraft content showing up. 

The best part of the Direct is that Banjo is in Smash.

The second best part of the Direct is that Steve is dead.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 2
  • Fist Bump 1

I am SO HAPPY right now. I never thought it was actually possible, but I am SOOOOOOOOO glad to be wrong. Every bit of B-K content looks absolutely PERFECT and their trailer might be my new favorite. (Building on K. Rool's reveal was BRILLIANT and it was great seeing the other fighters representing the Rare Archipelago celebrating the bear and bird's return home.)

On that note, I LOVE how Ultimate's DLC fighters are actually receiving full CG introduction trailers rather than the in-game ones Smash 4's DLC fighters received. (With the exception of Joker.) I guess there being fewer of them and them all being newcomers made commissioning full trailers more feasible.

DQ Hero is also pretty cool with how he represents a ton of the main heroes rather than just the two that were rumored. His RPG menu stuff also intrigues me and I'm curious to see how that kinda stuff is worked into normal Smash matches.

I am just...ecstatic right now. I didn't think the Fighters Pass would offer anything that would strike my particular fancy, but to have such a dream come true as Banjo and Kazooie finally joining Smash Bros. and being back on a Nintendo console...just...oh man. I can't freaking WAIT to try them out. 🤤

Just now, Diogenes said:

The best part of the Direct is that Banjo is in Smash.

The second best part of the Direct is that Steve is dead.

Inb4hesaSpirit

....actually that would be fitting given what you said lol

• Chuckle 1

I'll happily eat crow for my naysaying about Dragon Quest. He seemed just a little too lofty with all the different rights, and if I can be perfectly honest, I was hesitant about him being in because I didn't like the idea of a shithead like Sugiyama profiting off of this from his music. But, separate the art from the artist, I guess.

The Hero looks great, and I was really impressed with the callbacks that I could actually recognize. I was especially excited that the eighth hero as an alt, and was then even more surprised to see the fourth and third. Then I saw the fifth as part of a final smash and fucking lost it. I'm really pleased even if he wouldn't have been a personal pick (if we really were gonna do a Toriyama designed character, Crono would've been my pick).

But what makes me absolutely giddy is seeing Banjo and Kazooie make their way into the roster. If there was any third party character I really wanted and felt deserved to be a part of Smash Bros., Banjo was definitely as the top. So, so happy to see them back and I can't wait to see more of them.

These were much, much better reveals than Joker was for me and if these are the best in the pass, hell, I'll just buy these two and call it a day.

• Thumbs Up 6

29 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

He seemed just a little too lofty with all the different rights, and if I can be perfectly honest, I was hesitant about him being in because I didn't like the idea of a shithead like Sugiyama profiting off of this from his music. But, separate the art from the artist, I guess.

Yeah this is annoying situation, for completions sake I’m getting The Hero. I’m not sure how much profit he’ll get from dlc profits, but I hope it’s not much. 

He looks like such a great character sakurai and his teamed clearly worked hard on, that’s really the reason I’m ultimately going through with the purchase.

He looks fun, though I don’t really care for Dragon Quest still, but I can tell it’s a character fans of the games especially in japan will love.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

I could see a Mii Costume for Steve.  It'd make perfect sense, as just putting a box over their head and a rather simple body would give the illusion of playing them.  I'm expecting a Steve and a MC Mii outfit.

Grant Kirkhope did indeed write the music.  He also admitted to crying during the trailer in the replies:

• Thumbs Up 4