Jump to content
Sonictrainer

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - PLEASE SPOILER TAG LEAKS

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, KHCast said:

Apparently there are rumors going around that Frisk from Undertale and Waluigi are gonna be the final DLC characters. Thoughts?

It's fake.  You can edit HTML on Discord to have it show without it saying the post was edited; and the image was posted as a joke to one discord before the Direct according to a guy on Twitter.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a funny question: What characters do you believe deserved s spot in Smash but not as challengers (so as Trophies or Spirits)
Basically I'm asking which franchises are small, but still deserve a little more love.

My votes
1 Wonder Red (Wonderful 101) and maybe Captain Rainbow deserved to be a Assist Trophy
2 That goes double for Chibi-Robo. I know he's too small, l but same can be said about Olimar.
3 As for Spirits there was stupendously lot of them. So I'm very surprised StarTropics didn't got even one. This game wasn't that obscure, it even had a sequel.

4 Also on bigger IPs, I think Slippy and Peppy should be AT, so we had full Star Fox team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So there's a Japanese guy on Twitter, I don't know if I trust him yet as he's a bit on the weird side, who claims to know details the next DLC character.  Normally I wouldn't believe this stuff, but before the reveal of even Joker, he described the Hero as being a) Based on the Luminary (When most have said Erdrick would be the main character), b) Would only be male alts (The 5chan leak said female alts would be in there, too) and c) Would be called the Hero (He's the ONLY person I know of (By word of mouth of other people, have no idea how far it would be in his history, plus what the Japanese would be for it) to have said that before hand, as most said the Smash name would be Erdrick or the Luminary).  He claims not know the exact character, nor has he seen the model (Which goes against something he says earlier, but he also again is Japanese and is typing this stuff out in English because he wanted to share it), but his friend, Mr. H, has, but didn't recognize the character.  So if (And this is a big IF) he is telling the truth, here's what he knows about the character:

Spoiler

Double Spoilering to be safe

Spoiler
  • Looks like a female fighting game character 
  • "Flying Weapon" (I later found this out to mean a projectile)

As of right now, the 5 most common theories as to who it is he describing (I'll bold the one I most believe in IF this is true) are the following:

Spoiler

Double spoiler again for safety

Spoiler
  • KOS-MOS (Bandai-Namco, Xeno Series)
  • Lara Croft (Square Enix, Tomb Raider)
  • 2B (Square-Enix, Nier)
  • Jill (Capcom, Resident Evil)
  • Morrigan (Capcom, Darkstalkers)
  • Nakoruru (SNK, Samurai Shodown)

 

Mr. H also didn't a) See the character's face, or b) See the hair color

Here's the guy's twitter btw: https://twitter.com/niconico_test_1

Just know that it's very cryptic because he can't speak English well so his sentences don't always make the most sense (I.E. He says he doesn't know the character, but as I understand it he means that he doesn't know the name or anything, just these details he's shared with us).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So since it's been 5 hours I think I'm allowed to have another reply here.  So, I have a bit of a devil's advocate theory for who it could be if the guy is telling because of a comment I saw and a gif I posted earlier.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Maybe it could be my boy Ryu Hayabusa?  The guy said that Mr. H could neither see the face nor make out clear details, it just looked like a female.  So, my theory is that if it isn't a female, it could be Hayabusa because what is the thing that if you have an uncolored model and not very detailed one that will make it look like a female?  Long hair.

Since he seems to not have been able to get that good a look and there was no color distinction, maybe what he was seeing was his modern look's scarf:

3206872-8698329772-Ryu_H.jpg

In certain models like this one, it could when not textured look like long hair.   We know for sure that at least the hair isn't textured.  Looking at his outfit and weaponry, he does look like he could be a fighting game character.  Finally, for a projectile weapon, one of his most famous weapons of choice is shurikens.

 

So yeah, this could very well be the alternate answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My personal most-wanteds (that have a greater-than-zero chance of happening, anyway) are Phoenix Wright and either Jill or Leon from RE. Leon's always been my guy, but I'm kinda leaning toward Jill because she feels less overused and because the pass could honestly use at least one female fighter if we're being honest. Plus out of all the potential RE picks, her goofy design probably fits Smash the most.

56 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Man I just want Crash. I feel like he's the only one left that SHOULD be there. I imagine it would be easier to get him in than Banjo as well 

Apparently Banjo in Smash was an easy deal to make, so I wouldn't be so sure. Crash could still happen though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Solly said:

Apparently Banjo in Smash was an easy deal to make, so I wouldn't be so sure. Crash could still happen though.

I mean logistically speaking Banjo had a lot more red tape to deal with. Nintendo was just lucky they were bffs with Microsoft that it all went pretty smoothly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WeJLPWG.jpg

Here' a high quality render of Banjo and Kazooie.  If you select "Open Image in New Tab," then you can look at every individual strand of fur as well as the many texture in all their glory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Solly said:

Leon's always been my guy, but I'm kinda leaning toward Jill because she feels less overused and because the pass could honestly use at least one female fighter if we're being honest. Plus out of all the potential RE picks, her goofy design probably fits Smash the most.

If they were going with a female RE rep, it’d be Claire, since she’s much more relevant atm due to the RE2 Remake. But yeah anyone from RE would be pretty fire. 

Will agree I’m a bit surprised at the lack of female reps in the dlc. 4 had Bayonetta and technically Corrin. I mean I guess they could do Leon and Claire as an alt(which has been a popular theory) similar to how they’re handling The Hero. But a female only rep would be nice. Guess I just don’t know who they’d pick at this point that would fit the hype. Mmmm Lilith from Borderlands could be pretty cool, she’s pretty badass. However none of the Borderlands games are on Nintendo platforms...Lara Croft could maybe work if Square got another pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll laugh if Lara gets in. Yet another PS1 icon stolen from Sony (after Snake and Cloud).

Still, Crash and Spyro would be so much sweeter.

On side note, you know that Knuckles Mii cotume? Someone made it work even better

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Tails gets in and I am so happy and Smash Ultimate is perfeeeection!!!!

 

And now being more realistic I'd be down with Ryu Hayabusa, or Lloyd Irving. Give Ryu Blade of the Archfiend so we can have him twinsword with the Dragon Sword....cause I still really want a proper twinsword user who uses speed and combo building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KHCast said:

If they were going with a female RE rep, it’d be Claire, since she’s much more relevant atm due to the RE2 Remake. But yeah anyone from RE would be pretty fire. 

Will agree I’m a bit surprised at the lack of female reps in the dlc. 4 had Bayonetta and technically Corrin. I mean I guess they could do Leon and Claire as an alt(which has been a popular theory) similar to how they’re handling The Hero. But a female only rep would be nice. Guess I just don’t know who they’d pick at this point that would fit the hype. 

I don't think Resident Evil lends itself to a composite character the way Dragon Quest does. The heroes in DQ are all pretty interchangeable blank slates, but the RE protagonists are a lot more distinct. They each have different personalities, signature martial arts, and even weapons (although I don't think Smash would care about whether or not Leon has used a grenade launcher in his games). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Solly said:

I don't think Resident Evil lends itself to a composite character the way Dragon Quest does. The heroes in DQ are all pretty interchangeable blank slates, but the RE protagonists are a lot more distinct. They each have different personalities, signature martial arts, and even weapons (although I don't think Smash would care about whether or not Leon has used a grenade launcher in his games). 

Umm, Simon and Richter then? The Koopa’s? Olimar and Alph? It’s not like Smash hasn’t used 2 different characters before and had one be an alt. I mean going off RE2R they’re really not THAT distinguishable in gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, KHCast said:

Umm, Simon and Richter then? The Koopa’s? Olimar and Alph? It’s not like Smash hasn’t used 2 different characters before and had one be an alt.

Richter is an echo fighter, not an alternate costume. This sounds like splitting hairs when echo fighters are already very similar, but alt costumes don't even have different taunts. It's hard for me to imagine Leon and Claire having 1:1 animations in absolutely everything they do. Especially when they're different heights, body types, etc. Yes it could happen anyway, but it strikes me as unlikely. 

Olimar and Alph work as alt costumes because they aren't really that expressive in their own games (outside of the captain's logs) and because the Pikmin themselves feel like the real stars of the show, on top of being the basis for the entire moveset. The Koopalings are admittedly more distinct from each other in their home series than they are in Smash, but they strike me as being a sort of "package deal" where they were either going to be included as costumes or not at all, and you could argue that their moves are based primarily on the clown car anyway. Not a fan of how they're portrayed, personally, but it works for most people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I ever mention how much I HATE the fact that there’s no way to break out of a combo? When you’re fighting someone else, no biggie; but as far as the AI’s concerned, breaking out of combos makes you a Mary Sue who can never make a mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's an interview with the composer of Banjo, as well as one of the original art designers. The composer's part is really important though, since it gives us a timeframe for some of the behind the scenes work of Smash development. He was contacted in January about making a song for the reveal trailer:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 5:54 PM, tailsBOOM! said:

So there's a Japanese guy on Twitter, I don't know if I trust him yet as he's a bit on the weird side, who claims to know details the next DLC character.  Normally I wouldn't believe this stuff, but before the reveal of even Joker, he described the Hero as being a) Based on the Luminary (When most have said Erdrick would be the main character), b) Would only be male alts (The 5chan leak said female alts would be in there, too) and c) Would be called the Hero (He's the ONLY person I know of (By word of mouth of other people, have no idea how far it would be in his history, plus what the Japanese would be for it) to have said that before hand, as most said the Smash name would be Erdrick or the Luminary).  He claims not know the exact character, nor has he seen the model (Which goes against something he says earlier, but he also again is Japanese and is typing this stuff out in English because he wanted to share it), but his friend, Mr. H, has, but didn't recognize the character.  So if (And this is a big IF) he is telling the truth, here's what he knows about the character:

  Reveal hidden contents

Double Spoilering to be safe

  Reveal hidden contents
  • Looks like a female fighting game character 
  • "Flying Weapon" (I later found this out to mean a projectile)

As of right now, the 5 most common theories as to who it is he describing (I'll bold the one I most believe in IF this is true) are the following:

  Reveal hidden contents

Double spoiler again for safety

  Reveal hidden contents
  • KOS-MOS (Bandai-Namco, Xeno Series)
  • Lara Croft (Square Enix, Tomb Raider)
  • 2B (Square-Enix, Nier)
  • Jill (Capcom, Resident Evil)
  • Morrigan (Capcom, Darkstalkers)
  • Nakoruru (SNK, Samurai Shodown)

 

Mr. H also didn't a) See the character's face, or b) See the hair color

Here's the guy's twitter btw: https://twitter.com/niconico_test_1

Just know that it's very cryptic because he can't speak English well so his sentences don't always make the most sense (I.E. He says he doesn't know the character, but as I understand it he means that he doesn't know the name or anything, just these details he's shared with us).

Also double spoilering to keep with your format

Hmm!!  Ayame from Power Stone (CAPCOM arcade/Dreamcast legendary 3d melee fighting game!) would really not be recognized by most people.  Ayame has the most crossover potential due to similarities in moveset to how Smash combat works; and this is actually the 20 year anniversary of the game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, so here's my predictions on when the other 4 DLC fighters are gonna be released:

Hero: July or August

Banjo-Kazooie: September or October

#4: December

#5: February

(Assuming there's no delays)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 7:17 AM, Soniman said:

Man I just want Crash. I feel like he's the only one left that SHOULD be there. I imagine it would be easier to get him in than Banjo as well 

I'm finally glad that Banjo is finally in Smash, but the last challenger that will solidify "Everyone is here!" for me would be Geno. I don't think he's gonna come as DLC since that character only appeared in 1 game like 20 years ago, he's more niche than Banjo, and there's already Hero as the Square Enix rep. Guess I'll just stick the amiibo outfit when that eventually comes.

Other than that, I'm perfectly content with whomever Sakurai or Nintendo chooses to add in Smash whether that be Crash, Rayman, Shantae, Frisk, Steve, Doomguy, Ryu Hyabasa, Tales of rep, Heihachi, or even Sora. (But if possible I'd like them to add Shadow as an echo fighter please).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else getting a bunch of Waluigi stages recommended to them in stage builder?

Also Leon/RE rep and Crash. That’s who I’m rooting for. Used to be Dovakhin, but after Bethesda shit the bed....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.