Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

I agree that the chances of a second fighter pass are really unlikely, sadly… but I know it takes a lot of time and money and agreements with third parties to get all these DLC characters, and 5 is a big number already. I'm content, I wanted more third party characters and I'm getting them… I guess, I just don't care for Joker and Dragon Quest characters, especially Joker, at least Hero gives me DBZ vibes. Banjo is definitely interesting, I still want Rayman or Crash so I hope one of them gets in.

Yknow, as much as I love Ultimate, @Strickerx5 made a good point about Super Sonic, and that got me thinking. I really do miss a few of the more free playing final smashes. Like Wario’s and Super Sonic’s. I don’t enjoy how restrictive and limited they are now, and certainly damage wise some of these are a lot worse than their originals 

• Thumbs Up 2

If

Spoiler

Shantae

Is the fourth character, which I'd be pretty happy with, that would rule out other platformer characters, big names like Crash, Spyro or Rayman as final I guess. That means I know who will be the final one… that'd be pretty disappointing.

I don't miss the old Final Smashes at all. They were too pace breaking and slowed pacing to a crawl. I much prefer the fighting game mentality of a quick special then back to fighting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wario Man is the only old Final Smash I miss. Most of the other ones are marked improvements overall. With that said, they do feel kinda samey now. 

16 minutes ago, Tangled Jack said:

If

Reveal hidden contents

Shantae

Is the fourth character, which I'd be pretty happy with, that would rule out other platformer characters, big names like Crash, Spyro or Rayman as final I guess. That means I know who will be the final one… that'd be pretty disappointing.

I'm not sure I follow the logic here. Is there some rumor going around that I'm not aware of?

• Thumbs Up 2

Personally, I sort of like the general FS changes for the most part. They've gotten most of them into a good place where they don't really hinder the base game's flow all that much.

Though, at the same time, a lot of them need some major re-works. Sonic is just one of the more main examples of a FS that is literally useless. There are quite a number of characters that could use the same treatment Rosalina got relatively recently. Her final smash use to be one of the worst in the game and now, thanks to one of the recent patches, it's pretty decent. More changes like that need to happen imo.

Also as a bit of a side note, I'll just say here that I don't like Pit's new FS. The Three Sacred Treasures was so much better and already fit into the base special move window they were going for with Ultimate. Now it's just a Dragoon reskin that's way too simple to dodge.

• Thumbs Up 2

The old Final Smashes were too gimmicky and pace breaking. A lot of them were pretty poorly designed too. I prefer the new ones for the most part. They're samey but more reliable and less boring to sit through.

4 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

Also as a bit of a side note, I'll just say here that I don't like Pit's new FS. The Three Sacred Treasures was so much better and already fit into the base special move window they were going for with Ultimate. Now it's just a Dragoon reskin that's way too simple to dodge.

You're right. If Pit's FS had to change, I would've gone with the Three Sacred Treasures' upgraded versions, and given Dark Pit the Lightning Chariot (his guidance even says Viridi gave him the Lightning Chariot).

5 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

Personally, I sort of like the general FS changes for the most part. They've gotten most of them into a good place where they don't really hinder the base game's flow all that much.

Though, at the same time, a lot of them need some major re-works. Sonic is just one of the more main examples of a FS that is literally useless. There are quite a number of characters that could use the same treatment Rosalina got relatively recently. Her final smash use to be one of the worst in the game and now, thanks to one of the recent patches, it's pretty decent. More changes like that need to happen imo.

I wouldn't say Sonic's is literally useless but its definitely lost that dramatic, powerful flare it used to have. His hits are way too soft for it to be as threatening as it used to be and moving him up and down instead of just anywhere I want isn't as gratifying. I've still landed KOs with it but that feeling of Super Sonic's dominance is gone.

On the flip side, I used to hate Wario Man. That was a previous final smash that, at least to me, "felt" useless. I'm sure I would have noticed significant enough changes had I been more of a hardcore Smash man but I'm not so I didn't.

Some of them benefited from the more straight-forward approach but a lot suffered too, which is a shame.

Oh God, I miss King Dedede's waddle-de dance. That was so much fun.

29 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

So what's been going down over here?

A discussion about how much FS's have changed in Ultimate, for better or worse.

Transforming Final Smashes made sense when doing 4 Player Vs.

But most Final Smashes still only work for that even without being a transformation.

They should've just given every character 2 final smashes.

A FS for 1 vs. 1

An FS for FFA

I wish some of the TF Final Smashes, (Mega Lucario, Wario Man) were made into costumes for Ultimate

3 hours ago, 8ther said:

I wish some of the TF Final Smashes, (Mega Lucario, Wario Man) were made into costumes for Ultimate

??? Would they still be FS's? Wario Man I could understand, if Sakurai had to get rid of that for a new Wario's FS. But regarding Mega Evolution, I was thinking of it being a meter next to the DMG %. And not just Lucario, but Mewtwo and Charizard as well.

Smash rant incoming. Gonna put it in spoilers

Can I just say, fuck Nintendo for making elite smash a thing. God, as if looking it up online for tips wasn’t bad enough due to seeing how pretentious and snarky people get(cool you got there easily, that’s supposed to mean anything? Awesome ZerO, it’s not hard at all to get in for you.), getting there at this point is a nightmare since it’s at borderline 5 million GSP now instead of the 3 million it was at around earlier this year. I’d say I’m a fairly above average player, but damn on top of the player spam, lag, asshole/trolls, and genuinely pro players(that can be lumped in the asshole category since they fucking t-bag like it’s 2010), we go to the actual system of progression that is GSP. I have no idea how this works, but I don’t find loosing nearly triple the amount of GSP I’d get compared to if I won, all that endearing and fun. Seeing my characters number go from 4.7 million, RIGHT NEXT TO THE ELITE NUMBER  to 2.8 million in the span of 3 games is just fucking stupid. Not helping is the inconsistency of earning depending on the match. So in a free for all for example, typically you’ll earn a small amount if you’re in 2nd. And that was happening. Suddenly, next free for all I get second, and...my GSP massively drops instead. Uhh...wat? It’s just tedious. Oh and the closer you get, the less you earn, so despite having won a match at the 4.7 million mark before I got knocked down, I only earned a small number keeping me in that 4.7 range. Just I can’t win with this game. But seeing how people are cheesing to get into elite smash judging by a lot of the online YouTube smash scene, I guess I’m not missing out on much. Like seriously, it gets mean spirited at point how the popular smashtubers make fun of players they play online. I just wanted at least 1 character in you know? But nope. In the end, it’s ultimately a pointless distinguishing mode that gives people a massive ego complex. I wish they handled this better.

• Promotion 1

Yeah, it'd be nice of there was another online mode that was more similar to For Glory, without the GSP. I feel like, since it's there, I care more about raising that number than actually improving and winning (as in when I lose the number goes down).

And Elite Smash isn't even really fun. I remember using Ness' up special too close to the stage and I just fell to my death. And of course, even though my opponent did nothing to make that happen, he crouch spammed. Blech.

It was cool at first that I was able to get in there as 6 different characters but in all honesty it isn't worth it.

Oh, speaking of GSP, I've noticed they put me up against people with about 500,000 more points than me recently, especially as Snake. It's a bit irritating.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why did they get rid of the "For Fun" and "For Glory" concept? It wouldn't have stopped the assholes from moaning as they soaked in their pro-player Jesus juice but it would probably make it easier to ignore them.

Then again, it doesn't affect me much since I don't interact with them at all. I only play Smash by myself or locally with my friend and I ain't really apart of the online community.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

And Elite Smash isn't even really fun. I remember using Ness' up special too close to the stage and I just fell to my death. And of course, even though my opponent did nothing to make that happen, he crouch spammed. Blech.

Yeah I honestly don’t get the point of it’s creation. It can’t be to distinguish “good” players from the “casuals” since Elite doesn’t really measure skill since there’s a lot of factors at play that can effect the match unlike a tournament, and given some people can effectively spam or troll their way to it, or use team smash mode and lets the good player take on most of the shit, it doesn’t exactly always improve the players skill to get there.

• Fist Bump 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Why did they get rid of the "For Fun" and "For Glory" concept?

Because people hated it.

Nobody played For Fun except for extreme casuals who stayed in taunt parties and everyone else just used For Glory anyway if they actually wanted to play the game.

For Glory isn't "better" than what is currently here, but what is here just doesn't need to exist, especially since there's nothing different about Elite Smash anyway.

6 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Nobody played For Fun except for extreme casuals who stayed in taunt parties and everyone else just used For Glory anyway if they actually wanted to play the game.

Maybe it’s cause I played Smash 3DS, but I rarely saw taunt groups in For Fun. 

So, I'm playing this game again, after tons and tons of hours spent, even when I have a lot of games that I barely played.

Can I just say that I have no "main"? I know I need to master a character to get good, but I just love them all, I want to try as many fighters as possible, because they are (almost) all awesome to me! ...Aaaand that's probably why I suck at Ultimate online though.

So does anyone believe Hero will still release in July? I do, and hopefully before Three Houses comes out.

29 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

So does anyone believe Hero will still release in July? I do, and hopefully before Three Houses comes out.

I was originally thinking August, but then Nintendo released this video.

The title for this video was changed. It originally read "Fan-Favorites & New Releases- JulySo either July was wrong or they're covering their tracks. The other two games (Marvel and Fire Emblem) are releasing this month. 

We'll have to wait and see. Part of me wants him to come out this week/next week, and part of me is dreading the thought of splitting my free time between Smash, Dragon Quest Builders and Fire Emblem. 

• Thumbs Up 5