Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

I think we could possibly get a weekend release.  Square-Enix has a policy that Dragon Quest games can't be released during the week after thousands of people skipped school and work to buy and play Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation.  Maybe it's the same for stuff like this?

• Thumbs Up 1

Smash online servers. STOP. PUTTING. ME. IN. 1 V 1. MATCHES. God seriously, my preference is on free for all, yet it’s putting me in those or team battle. The latter of which I damn near always loose cause teaming up has never been my strong suit in fighter games. This really is highlighting how downright bad Smash’s online is.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/17/2019 at 9:11 AM, Perkilator said:

So does anyone believe Hero will still release in July? I do, and hopefully before Three Houses comes out.

(Three Houses comes out in other territories)

Don't worry, he'll come later...right?

• Chuckle 1

17 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

(Three Houses comes out in other territories)

Don't worry, he'll come later...right?

You're better off waiting until at least EVO.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just had an idea for a stage based off Gourmet Race: a 50's-style race with food and other hazards constantly appearing (and with a lovely diner at the start). Basically a mix between the original Gourmet Race and the bike sections from Crash 3.

Some of the Dragon Quest spirits have been datamined

Spoiler

They've been monsters so far:

spirits_1_brave_slime.pngspirits_1_brave_golem.pngspirits_1_brave_king_slime.pngspirits_1_brave_killer_panther.pngspirits_1_brave_dracky.pngspirits_1_brave_cetacea.png

I'll post as more are found

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Some of the Dragon Quest spirits have been datamined

Reveal hidden contents

They've been monsters so far:

spirits_1_brave_slime.pngspirits_1_brave_golem.pngspirits_1_brave_king_slime.pngspirits_1_brave_killer_panther.pngspirits_1_brave_dracky.pngspirits_1_brave_cetacea.png

I'll post as more are found

Spoiler

Despite them just being monsters, it's still more than anything Final Fantasy's got.

• Absolutely 1

2 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:
  Hide contents

Despite them just being monsters, it's still more than anything Final Fantasy's got.

Indeed.

Also,

Spoiler

spirits_1_brave_baby_panther.png

Some of them are easier to find because they use their straight up names, but others use code names, so that's the only new one

Turns out that there's at least one that's rather unique from the group

Spoiler

spirits_1_brave_group.png

It's the party members from DQ11

• Thumbs Up 1

Question for everyone; without spoiling, what would be a good reveal tagline for Byleth and/or Edelgard?

14 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Question for everyone; without spoiling, what would be a good reveal tagline for Byleth and/or Edelgard?

Dunno about Edelgard, but since Byleth is a professor I'd assume their tagline would be like, "Byleth begins the lesson!" or something to that effect.

"Byleth/Edelgard arrives! DEAL WITH IT" is the only tagline I will accept.

• Chuckle 2

2 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

"Byleth/Edelgard arrive! DEAL WITH IT" is the only tagline I will accept.

Nah, it should be:

"BYLETH

HOES MAD!"

• Absolutely 1

I’m not sure if there’s anyone else who feels the same way as me, but I’m not really a fan of how most of the DLC choices seem to be influenced by fan demand. It makes the character reveals really... boring to me, since the massive outcry for them makes them super easy to predict. That’s why I really like Piranha Plant’s reveal. There were hardly anyone demanding it to be playable in Mario games, let alone Smash Brothers, so it’s reveal really took me out of surprise.

I’m also not a fan of how most of the DLC consists of third-party characters. It’s kinda getting to the point where it seems like anyone can get into Smash, regardless of their history with Nintendo, and honesty, I really can’t get behind that idea.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd rather a character I care about getting into the game, fan demanded or not, rather than just a lol swerve didn't see that coming. Playing as a character I'd want to play as is far more important than just a surprise and then not caring about said character. Take Piranha plant which I'm pretty sure no one really cared for until it became meme material and then was liked because of that. Not to mention with the DLC I'm paying for extra characters, so I'd rather not my purchase of the pack feel wasted in some way by a poor choice for surprise factor.

• Fist Bump 2

"Everyone" wants characters they want...

So...let a character no one wants get in.

Just to quell the redundancy.

Someone wants that character, unsurprisingly.

• Thumbs Up 1

The DLC so far can be a mixed bag for many. The revealed characters are all 3rd party, but 2 of them have been prominent on Nintendo consoles in the past and 1 used to be 1st party. DQ, while not beloved in the West, is very much wanted by Japan so its inclusion makes sense for DLC. And I mean who honestly saw Joker or Banjo coming? I've not followed any leaks past the game's launch, but Joker and Banjo I never saw coming (heh). Persona (well at least 3-5) never saw any games for Nintendo except for Q and somehow Nintendo wanted to add Joker for whatever reason (there's also that Persona 5 Musou but that was announced after Joker's reveal trailer). For Banjo, I honestly gave up hope since I thought getting the rights to him would be a nightmare, but apparently not and Nintendo snagged him easily.

I agree it'd be boring if the rest of the DLC were 3rd party, but if their gameplay is fun or their reveal is unexpected or a popular pick (Geno for me), I'd be content with it. I bought the season pass not knowing what was to come, but I'm happy with all of them surprisingly but I could understand if other people didn't feel the same. The other spots could be Nintendo reps, but they'd have to "matter" for me. I wasn't happy with Piranha Plant, and I'd be darned if we get another FE character but after Banjo I don't really care who Nintendo adds.

They removed the Dragon Quest spirits for now, and there also could be a few more.  I'm still expecting Monday the earliest and Friday the latest since they were willing to put them in so soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

To me, the idea of 5 more third parties is excellent, I do think that while this is a Nintendo game, it's also a crossover, so it does need more third party characters from a variety of games, it just makes it bigger and better, rather than having half a cast of FE characters. Although I wanted playable assist trophies, I don't mind the current picks.

Piranha Plant was kind of a waste as a choice, for the sake of keeping the joke characters trend, but eventually it became one of my favorite fighters, one of the most fun to play as, that's for sure.

Hero and Banjo-Kazooie are my favorite DLC choices so far, they kinda make the Whole 25 dollar pass Worth it. So the only choice I literally do not give a fuck is Joker. I would like to see another platformer character like Shantae (for example) and then a (bigger name probably) action game character. Then my pipe dream would be Crash and/or Rayman, but I highly doubt they will join the fight.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, dbzfan7 said:

FINAAAALLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY

Maybe even...just maybe another fighter announcement.

I'm thinking we will get that at EVO... but for now my son Erdrick is coming home!!!!

It was also confirmed that Version 4.0 will be coming out soon, most likely the same day Hero is supposed to come. 

I wonder what else they’ll add besides Hero’s data and the fighter adjustments. Maybe Home Run Contest will make an return? Probably not, but I’m still hoping for it.

• Thumbs Up 2

So what new content do you think they'll introduce for this update in the other half of this presentation? Going by Joker's showcase, we can expect Mii costume based on Dragon Quest (Most like some of the other heroes the appear in the final smash), and maybe the return of older Mii costumes as with Tails and Knuckles. Maybe new surprise character costumes altogether. Asides from the stage builder, it also showed the video editor, and the ability to share them via the phone app.

That video was 15 minutes long, making this seven minutes longer. This means they've got a lot of new content to unveil, or the Hero's showcase section will be even grander than Joker's. And that's a very high pedestal to top.