Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

8 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

The guy who made the post came out. 

Anyone can claim that they made that post, but since it's 4chan and it's all anonymous, we'll never know for sure. They could be trying to throw off their tracks, or it could be a person who DOESN'T want those characters in, so they try to claim that it's fake so that they don't believe it. Just stating some possibilities here.

5 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Anyone can claim that they made that post, but since it's 4chan and it's all anonymous, we'll never know for sure. They could be trying to throw off their tracks, or it could be a person who DOESN'T want those characters in, so they try to claim that it's fake so that they don't believe it. Just stating some possibilities here.

I mean to be fair

They mention Ado and Sylux in the post and their Twitter has fanart of Sylux and Ado hanging out being pals, which I can't say is something I expect many people to have drawn.

2 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

I mean to be fair

They mention Ado and Sylux in the post and their Twitter has fanart of Sylux and Ado hanging out being pals, which I can't say is something I expect many people to have drawn.

Oh shit, you're right. Either way, that's fucking lucky. I hope they got this prediction through psychic powers or something.

Spoiler

Please be right about Doom Guy.

Hero looks great. He's in a similar category as Shulk to me in that I love them conceptually and how their gameplay from their home series is worked into Smash, but I don't know if they're someone I'll ever really get a handle on playing. While I was skeptical and honestly pretty averse to this character when they were rumored, I was pretty much sold on them when they were shown off at E3 (the alts sealed it), and much more easily so than with Joker, whom I still haven't bought. Since I have some eShop credit saved up, I might grab Hero and give him a try later on.

And if he and Banjo turn out to be the only worthwhile DLC characters, then I'll be satisfied.

• Thumbs Up 3

34 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Dammit I went to sleep hoping he'd be available when I woke up...shit plan failed.

It's going to be in a little over an hour.  So not long!

2 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

It's going to be in a little over an hour.  So not long!

So do we get our RIP's and F's for Nintendo's servers out of the way now, or...?

• Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, Zaysho said:

So do we get our RIP's and F's for Nintendo's servers out of the way now, or...?

I'll do you one better:
FRIP

• Chuckle 1
  • Way Past Cool 1
  • Absolutely 1

HERO IS AWESOME. Loving him. Though his Down B really seems hard to use mid battle so I need to figure that out. His up smash also is very strict on where it hits so those are my two down points for an otherwise awesome character. Going with Drago Hero because dragons and voiced by Trunks from Dragon Ball.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Zaysho said:

I actually had no trouble at all. Not sure if they're better equipped for the problem or less people are interested in this guy or what. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

12 hours ago, Zaysho said:

Hero looks great. He's in a similar category as Shulk to me in that I love them conceptually and how their gameplay from their home series is worked into Smash, but I don't know if they're someone I'll ever really get a handle on playing. While I was skeptical and honestly pretty averse to this character when they were rumored, I was pretty much sold on them when they were shown off at E3 (the alts sealed it), and much more easily so than with Joker, whom I still haven't bought. Since I have some eShop credit saved up, I might grab Hero and give him a try later on.

And if he and Banjo turn out to be the only worthwhile DLC characters, then I'll be satisfied.

Agreed. I also made the comparison with Shulk, he seems quite broken but some spells have bad effects so maybe it could be balanced.

So far I only really care about Banjo and Hero for the DLC pass, and something tells me I'm gonna be disappointed with the other picks but still, I'm glad we have these 2, so it's Worth the Whole pass for me (I bought all the characters already because I want to play as every fighter, I'm not a "main" type of player, I want to collect them all). Plus Piranha Plant was a fun surprise and it's really cool to play as.

10 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:
22 hours ago, Zaysho said:

Agreed. I also made the comparison with Shulk, he seems quite broken but some spells have bad effects so maybe it could be balanced.

Only Hocus Pocus has bad effects and the Metal one is just bad, so...that's only 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone have pictures of Byleth's Battalions and his personal skill Ruptured heaven? I need some for a moveset I'm creating.

2 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Only Hocus Pocus has bad effects and the Metal one is just bad, so...that's only 2.

Kaclang can actually deal damage if you fall on them from above much like Kirby's down special

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Kaclang can actually deal damage if you fall on them from above much like Kirby's down special

Given how long your in that state, that's an instant death of used off the ledge so you better pray it it spikes lol

• Thumbs Up 1

So, I know that most people here aren't into the competitive scene, but often times companies may announce something at EVO.  Last year Nintendo announced the Belmonts/Dark Samus/Chrom/K. Rool direct.  I'm going to be watching EVO on Twitch, and if we get an announcement I'll clip it and post it ASAP.  I'm predicting we could see a release month for Banjo and Kazooie or maybe a general direct announcement that is promised to have Smash stuff in it if they choose to announce something, but they could also pull a Game Awards on us and reveal Fighter Pass Four.  Regardless, if they announce it I'll post it (It would probably be Saturday or Sunday night)

• Thumbs Up 1

I really like this character, you guys

Hero really is the most fun character I've played as in Smash!

• Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 3
  • My Emmerdoods 1

Been playing with Hero for the last couple of days. He's completely won me over. I've found a rhythm for the spells, and I've learned you don't need to rely on the magic menu that much. Due to the random nature of it, I haven't really focused on its occasional usefulness for recovery (Zoom) and tend to prefer the Woosh family of spells, but the buffs and occasional projectile magic are useful tools for me and my playstyle. He noticeably doesn't hit that hard (save for critical attacks) but he seems like he can rack up damage quite well. Overall he's fun and feels good to me. While I get he might be on the gimmicky side (and how), I'm actually surprised I could pick him up relatively quickly.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Been playing with Hero for the last couple of days. He's completely won me over. I've found a rhythm for the spells, and I've learned you don't need to rely on the magic menu that much. Due to the random nature of it, I haven't really focused on its occasional usefulness for recovery (Zoom) and tend to prefer the Woosh family of spells, but the buffs and occasional projectile magic are useful tools for me and my playstyle. He noticeably doesn't hit that hard (save for critical attacks) but he seems like he can rack up damage quite well. Overall he's fun and feels good to me. While I get he might be on the gimmicky side (and how), I'm actually surprised I could pick him up relatively quickly.

Yeah, their standard melee attacks are one of their major weak points, along with their speed and the end-lag after moves.  The boys are still a joy to play though!

Welp, after playing Three Houses for only three chapters and a few hours put in, I can safely say this is the best FE game yet. It might as well earn a character in Smash, in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

Welp, after playing Three Houses for only three chapters and a few hours put in, I can safely say this is the best FE game yet. It might as well earn a character in Smash, in my opinion.

Yeah I'd be pretty fine with that. I don't really want Edelgard anymore though because axes are one handed and pretty much the same as swords in Three Houses. I want Byleth and their EPIC WHIP SWORD instead now, hehe.

...and Bernadetta [RUNS]

Considering the music tracks existed already it's annoying we get shortchanged with the synthesized songs for Dragon Quest versus full orchestral themes. Admittedly it isn't something I'd notice normally without having tracks to compare side-by-side, but I was surprised how badly it stuck out to me listening to them in two video compilations.

I played Dragon Quest VIII at least a fair bit back in my high school days, and I didn't even recognize "Marching Through the Fields" in Smash but a few seconds in listening to the orchestral version it came back to me instantly (the US version got the orchestral soundtrack). The synth version of that song is more energetic, and I think it might fit better for a battle (though I'm pretty sure Smash has a few "softer" songs scattered around even if the titles aren't coming to me), but it's kind of disappointing we've got a hollower sounding selection when there's better out there. Guess I shouldn't be surprised with Sugiyama but I am a bit disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 2

Check out this adorable moveset I found on Twitter!

Oh yeah, and there’s a Smash tournament event going on!

• Thumbs Up 1