Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Reaction: instead of Duon on the Halberd Bridge in the Subspace Emissary, the boss level is a battle against a Kirby Boss and a Metal Gear.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/08/16/australian-smash-bros-tournament-bans-hero-from-competitive-play

Well that didn't take long, now did it? I wonder if this is going to be an isolated case or if Hero ends up getting banned everywhere. Guess Australians don't like some randomness in their competitive Smash, eh? Oh who am I kidding, no competitive Smash player likes randomness. If they did items would be turned on.

• Absolutely 3

So I might have connected the dots for the next Smash character (could be wrong)

Spoiler

>Dubious 4chan BS yet again:

BAD10B29-0E23-41B0-B631-F786C4B48C68.jpeg.63a7439b2cd613751c6c8b27da1962e3.jpeg

Except Amazon apparently leaked an official Overwatch Switch case, only for the page to be deleted.

So fair chance I’m wrong, but the next character may or may not be Tracer.

14 hours ago, Perkilator said:

So I might have connected the dots for the next Smash character (could be wrong)

Reveal hidden contents

>Dubious 4chan BS yet again:

BAD10B29-0E23-41B0-B631-F786C4B48C68.jpeg.63a7439b2cd613751c6c8b27da1962e3.jpeg

Except Amazon apparently leaked an official Overwatch Switch case, only for the page to be deleted.

So fair chance I’m wrong, but the next character may or may not be Tracer.

I was gonna say that'd be a tad weird, but then I remembered Bayonetta was DLC in the previous game.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

I was gonna say that'd be a tad weird, but then I remembered Bayonetta was DLC in the previous game.

I mean, Bayonetta is practically a second-party at this point.  If it weren't for Nintendo, Bayo 2 and the upcoming 3 would never be released.  SEGA and Nintendo each own different parts of the rights, with Bayo 2 belonging pretty much all to Nintendo and the opposite with SEGA for 1.

What makes it basically 100% unlikely that Overwatch isn't being supposedly revealed until next month.  No character, outside of Roy (Who's game was supposed to release before Melee before it was delayed, so it shouldn't really count) was revealed prior to their first appearance on a Nintendo console, even Cloud (Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded, Theathrythm Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy Explorers) and Joker (Persona Q2 and (If you count costumes like people did for Master Chief) Sonic Forces).  The only "evidence" is a Switch case which proves nothing since plenty of characters and franchises have licensed Nintendo merch without being in Smash, such as Diablo, Yo-Kai Watch, Elder Scrolls, etc.  I'm also not going to buy into a vague 4chan leak with basically no evidence, but playing Devil's advocate, my guess for a female rep who fits both that and the Banjo/Hero leaker is KOS-MOS, since there is no second Bandai-Namco rep, she is one of their most common crossover choices: She appears or is referenced in Project X Zone 1 and 2, Soulcalibur III, the Tales (of) series, Namco x Capcom, Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier, Tales of Vesperia, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean and Endless Frontier EXCEED.  Nintendo and Bandai-Namco would both benefit from her inclusion.

1 hour ago, tailsBOOM! said:

I'm also not going to buy into a vague 4chan leak with basically no evidence, but playing Devil's advocate, my guess for a female rep who fits both that and the Banjo/Hero leaker is KOS-MOS, since there is no second Bandai-Namco rep, she is one of their most common crossover choices: She appears or is referenced in Project X Zone 1 and 2, Soulcalibur III, the Tales (of) series, Namco x Capcom, Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier, Tales of Vesperia, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean and Endless Frontier EXCEED.  Nintendo and Bandai-Namco would both benefit from her inclusion.

Who?

@DabigRG the  blue-haired android savior of mankind from Xenosaga.  Here's a rather well known scene of her showing moveset potential (She can speak but it isn't shown for whatever reason): 

She's the face of the Xeno series as a whole, appearing in 2 out of the 3 branches (Xenosaga, Xenoblade) but not Xenogears.

I'm personally for another character I would absolute love on the roster but probably can't fucking play (I got just what I wanted with Shulk last time lol), and if it had to be a third-party character, KOS-MOS is definitely my top pick.

Not holding my breath, but after Banjo, I can't think of anyone other than her or Lloyd at this point. And at least her home game was on Nintendo DS, but after Cloud and Joker I'm assuming that doesn't matter anymore.

• Fist Bump 1

This ban hero stuff is silly. From all the tournaments I looked up he's not won any big ones I can find, and doesn't tend to place all that high either. If he was dominating tournaments I think there would be an argument to ban. Otherwise it just seems like getting mad if you fall for his tricks.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

He has pretty volatile damage but he's pretty easy to just dance around. You'd be surprised at how much of his down b stuff you can dodge by just not running directly at him. 

The only thing I think is questionable in his design are the critical hits but they still aren't enough to balance his other flaws imo. You won't see him carry players like Bayonetta did. At best he'll ruin some mid level player's day but that's not ban worthy

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

Spoilered for potential Challenger Pack 4 source company:

Looks like we might see a King of Fighters character join the roster.

I think the sad part about this is that this will probably be the closest thing we'll have to a Capcom vs SNK 3, lol.

Anyways, it better be Athena or I'll rot. 

Well, that's the second DLC character to fall flat for me, if true at least.

Well, at the very least, it's a 50/50 split of cool shit, and shit I don't care about, which is more than I can say for Smash 4's DLC lineup personally.

Spoiler

Huh, so that's interesting then. This all just might be a mix up.

Though then again, says a lot how odd most of these DLC choices have been for this to be gaining so much traction so quickly.

Edited by Strickerx5
Spoil tagged just in case
  • Thumbs Up 2

Probably gonna be Terry, which isn't my favorite character. My personal pick would be Rock Howard (or Leona I guess).

But I'm sure I'll warm up to whoever it is, like with Hero.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Strickerx5 said:
  Hide contents

Huh, so that's interesting then. This all just might be a mix up.

Though then again, says a lot how odd most of these DLC choices have been for this to be gaining so much traction so quickly.

Spoiler

File sizes for Nintendo DLC always have the same size listed. That doesn't hurt it.

One thing that I am curious about is that the date on the Nintendo page mentions it's February 2020, but this is character pack #4. The pass is supposed to be completed by then, so either that's a placeholder date or maybe there's something to it being a mix up for another game (though I didn't think SNK Heroines was even still getting new content).

I'm totally cool with an SNK character though. My first thought was Mai, but if it lines up with the other rumor about a girl and a mecha, then Metal Slug could be interesting too. I'm not familiar enough with their games, but this is certainly more interesting than past rumors about Doom or Overwatch or whatever.