Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

I desperately think we need some more music (okay, maybe “desperately” is kind of a stretch) from some of the series lacking in the music department. I made some lists for Final Fantasy, Pokémon and Game and Watch Gallery. Bold indicates a new remix, italics indicates a non-Smash version, original or otherwise.

Final Fantasy

Spoiler

Final Fantasy I
Prelude

Main Theme

Last Battle

Final Fantasy II

Battle Scene 1/A

Battle Scene B

Battle Scene II

Final Fantasy III

This is the Last Battle

Final Fantasy IV

Boss Battle

Dreadful Fight

Final Battle

Final Fantasy V

Battle on the Big Bridge

Decisive Battle (FINAL FANTASY V)

Last Battle (FINAL FANTASY V)

Final Fantasy VI

Terra’s Theme

Decisive Battle (FINAL FANTASY VI)

Dancing Mad (Final Tier)

Final Fantasy VII

Électrique de Chocobo

Birth of a God (Fan-made example)

One-Winged Angel

Final Fantasy VIII

Force Your Way

The Man with the Machine Gun

The Extreme

Final Fantasy IX

Battle 2 (FINAL FANTASY IX)

Dark Messenger

Final Fantasy X

Seymour Battle

Otherworld

A Contest of Aeons

Final Fantasy XII

Boss Battle (FINAL FANTASY XII)

The Battle for Freedom

Final Fantasy XIII

Blinded by Light

Saber’s Edge

Final Fantasy XV

Stand Your Ground/Careening into Danger

Apocalypsis Noctis

Veiled in Black (Fan-made example)

Pokémon

Spoiler

Lavender Town

Trainer/Gym Leader (FireRed and LeafGreen)

Champion Blue

Team Rocket Hideout (Fan-made example)

Gym Leader (Gold and Silver; Fan-made example)

Vs. Lance/Red

Ending (Fan-made example)

Pokémon Center (Ruby/Sapphire)

Vs. Primal Groudon/Kyogre

Vs. Elite 4 (RSE)

Vs. Deoxys

Vs. Team Galactic Grunt (Fan-made example)

Vs. Cyrus

Vs. Iris (Fan-made example)

Vs. Ghetsis

Route 11 Medley

Vs. N

Vs. Colress

Vs. Wild Pokémon (X/Y) (Fan-made example)

Vs. Lysandre

Vs. Xerneas/Yveltal

Vs. Zygarde

Vs. Ultra Beast/Recon Squad (Fan-made example)

Vast Poni Canyon (Fan-made example)

Welcome to the Alola Region

Vs. Team Skull Grunt

Vs. Totem Pokémon

Royal Avenue

Vs. Guzma

Lusamine Battle Medley

Vs. Giovanni

(THIS REPLY IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

While the Spirit for this week itself isn't of interest, a small detail is:

20191030_120309.jpg

Unlike all the past Spirit events, SNK is listed.  This means we may be getting Terry VERY soon (My guess is next week).

Wirth noting that there also aren't any SNK Spirits in there.

• Thumbs Up 4

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/348123-smash-bros-ultimate-website-lists-terry-bogard-as-coming-soon

A private video had gone up on the Smash Youtube account, so it looks like he is indeed on his way. Asides from update information on the game, Mii outfits and Terri himself, its possible that the final fighter of the wave will be teased and/or they'll properly introduce the second wave of DLC.  If the speculations are correct in that Terri does drop tomorrow, I'd say it makes sense to do it on the anniversary of the Smash direct that announced the DLC in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm sure they've announced the next fighter everytime the released a DLC one. Just like how every fighter they do a direct thing on is released on said day.

• Thumbs Up 2

Spoiler

We got two new Mii hats leaked, and one of them was…well, actually they were both kinda shockers, but one of them surprised me even more.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Spookilator said:
  Reveal hidden contents

We got two new Mii hats leaked, and one of them was…well, actually they were both kinda shockers, but one of them surprised me even more.

Spoiler

If Geno happens, I’m going to regret making that one status I made about asking y’all’s opinion on him.

I remember the days when I doubted his inclusion and found him overrated but honestly fuck it, if his fans have wanted him then what’s the damn harm then?

Geno is cool when you look at him and it really doesn’t matter if he’s just a one-shot party member from an old game, I’d say bring him home!

As for Doomguy? He’s been hyped up a lot so I wouldn’t be that surprised if he happens, plus it’ll be amazing to finally gave our first American IP playable in Smash!

Very interesting that this seems to be the longest Fighter spotlight yet, at nearly 20 minutes longer than Banjo and Kazooie's. Unless he spends quite a while giving Neo-Geo history or Terry has some kinda interesting mechanic...methinks we'll have our Fighters Pass card completely filled out by the end.

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw someone point out that the description for the Japanese stream seems to say that there won't be any information on unannounced fighters.

Considering the Hero and Banjo demos were in the 20-25 minute range I'm wondering what the hell they've got to show that's making this one 45 minutes.

• Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I saw someone point out that the description for the Japanese stream seems to say that there won't be any information on unannounced fighters.

Considering the Hero and Banjo demos were in the 20-25 minute range I'm wondering what the hell they've got to show that's making this one 45 minutes.

Or maybe Sakurai's gonna pull a troll on us and add an announcement anyways. I don't know how there's going to be 45 minutes of just Terry without SOMETHING ELSE to go with it. Perhaps a huge new mode?

In case theres any doubt. 

4 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Or maybe Sakurai's gonna pull a troll on us and add an announcement anyways. I don't know how there's going to be 45 minutes of just Terry without SOMETHING ELSE to go with it. Perhaps a huge new mode?

Home Run Contest is confirmed the last new mode.

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

In case theres any doubt. 

Home Run Contest is confirmed the last new mode.

Then WTF do YOU think is going to be shown for 45 WHOLE MINUTES? Terry can't be THAT deep... can he?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Then WTF do YOU think is going to be shown for 45 WHOLE MINUTES? Terry can't be THAT deep... can he?

He could be. King of Fighters is a very mechanically rich series. Sakurai is also a big fan and cites it as an influence. A lot of signature Smash mechanics like rolling and spot dodging came directly from it. 

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

I could easily see a new story campaign being established. 

45 minute Smash demo huh? Well Sakurai's got 45 minutes to impress me on Terry and why he's not an echo fighter of Ken.

2 hours ago, JayRaR said:

Well Sakurai's got 45 minutes to impress me on Terry and why he's not an echo fighter of Ken.

The answer to that should be obvious, it would have...the opposite of substance.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

3 hours ago, JayRaR said:

45 minute Smash demo huh? Well Sakurai's got 45 minutes to impress me on Terry and why he's not an echo fighter of Ken.

It should take 45 seconds of watching someone play an SNK game featuring him to realize that they play completely different and have always played completely different, but I can see how Smash players may need 80x that time that to understand.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Way Past Cool 1

3 hours ago, JayRaR said:

You can just go back to sleep if you're that determined to shit on a character based on completely inaccurate information.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Fist Bump 2

I guess that 45 mins presentation will explain how Terry works, (my guess is that he's coming tomorrow) maybe we'll see more hats/costumes and stages? There was a leak regarding hats recently...

I was hoping they would reveal the 5th character there but that ain't happening.

1 hour ago, Blacklightning said:

What the fuck do Ken and Terry even have in common besides being red traditional fighters? I can get not recognizing or appreciating a given character pick (lord knows I don't have any hands on with a Fatal Fury game myself), but the lengths some people will go to in order to outright smear characters is honestly just absolutely pathetic.

Both fight hand-to-hand and use fire as part of their attacks. I mean I get why Fatal Fury is popular and beloved by so many people, but I'd rather have someone else represent Fatal Fury and/or SNK than Ken 2.0. I guess Terry's like Ryu and is the "face" of SNK or whatever since he appears in so many SNK games and as a guest of other fighting games.

2 minutes ago, JayRaR said:

Both fight hand-to-hand and use fire as part of their attacks.

A fighting game character fights with fire? Stop the fucking presses.

No in all seriousness, I find it hard to believe you don't know how hard you're grasping here. You're using one or two incredibly vague similarities to declare them literally identical in all facets bar name and model, which is a frankly ridiculous hill to die on for many reasons - key among them, that the same logic could be used to generalize entire rosters with little rhyme or reason. Hell, under the criteria you just specified, both Captain Falcon and Inciniroar are "identical" characters - but in practice they're about as polar opposite to one another as they could possibly be within mechanical reason.

If you don't like the character, that's fine, I have no reason not to respect that. But to basically invent reasoning for doing so is again, honestly pathetic.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

16 minutes ago, JayRaR said:

Both fight hand-to-hand and use fire as part of their attacks.

So does Mario.

Are we done here?

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, Blacklightning said:

No in all seriousness, I find it hard to believe you don't know how hard you're grasping here. You're using one or two incredibly vague similarities to declare them literally identical in all facets bar name and model, which is a frankly ridiculous hill to die on for many reasons - key among them, that the same logic could be used to generalize entire rosters with little rhyme or reason. Hell, under the criteria you just specified, both Captain Falcon and Inciniroar are "identical" characters - but in practice they're about as polar opposite to one another as they could possibly be within mechanical reason.

If you don't like the character, that's fine, I have no reason not to respect that. But to basically invent reasoning for doing so is again, honestly pathetic.

They are similarities nonetheless but there are other "non-vague" things they have in common (like that they're humans or that they both hail from America). Again, I'd rather have someone else from SNK imo.

And this guy is DLC, so I have my right to complain about it . If Sakurai can convince me otherwise in 45 minutes, more than Banjo and Hero's demo times combined then I'll ease my thoughts on him.