Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

1 hour ago, Tracker_TD said:

Sabi's dropped another apparent deconfirm:

Hide contents

Also comments on a supposed audio leak mentioning Master Chief, but that already seemed pretty damn fake as is.

With that said...

giphy.gif

Considering the following.....

633.gif

Hmmmmm.

9 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Probably won't make pack 5

Oh, I have some bad news in that regard.

Vergeben recently enacted a massive bloodbath of disconfirmations.

Here is all the folk that FP5 is NOT:

Spoiler

Capcom characters

Sega characters

Konami characters

Arc System Works characters

Spike Chunsoft characters

Marvelous characters

Epic Games characters

ZUN / Team Shanghai Alice's Touhou Project characters

Bethesda characters entirely

Koei Tecmo characters entirely

Activision characters

Blizzard characters

It possibly being another Microsoft character

It possibly being another Square Enix character

It being a Nintendo character

It being an Assist Trophy "promoted" to being playable

It being a Spirit "promoted" to being playable

Which leaves us asking just who the hell that fighter is at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

At this rate it could be a

Spoiler

Sony

character, or a

Spoiler

PC

character.

Or a

Spoiler

Valve 

rep.

Or heck,

Spoiler

Rockstar

could be the lucky lads next too. In which case, please let it be

Spoiler

Arthur Morgan.

Some people are speculating that it could be

Spoiler

Saber

as well.

And of course, there's always the possibility that it's a

Spoiler

TF2

character.

• Thumbs Up 1

There are few options left:

Spoiler

0) Valve. I think Freeman is kinda possible. TF2 and Portal a little harder

1) Namco: Probably Tekken. LLyod from "Tales" is out I think? I would prefer Klonoa, but smaaaaaalll chances.

2) Sony. Would Crash or Spyro count? Eh probably not. Overall, unlikely

3) Ubisoft!... but Rayman is out, so what's the point?

4) Zenimax and it's ID Software. Like Doom Guy

5) Dark Soul or Bubsy? I'm not sure who owns them.

Still, that's tiny roster. Indie have negligible chances, not after Shovel, Shantae and Undertale not getting in.

My guess is Dark Souls, followed by Doom protagonist. After Bayonetta it won't shock anyone.

15 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

There are few options left:

Hide contents

0) Valve. I think Freeman is kinda possible. TF2 and Portal a little harder

1) Namco: Probably Tekken. LLyod from "Tales" is out I think? I would prefer Klonoa, but smaaaaaalll chances.

2) Sony. Would Crash or Spyro count? Eh probably not. Overall, unlikely

3) Ubisoft!... but Rayman is out, so what's the point?

4) Zenimax and it's ID Software. Like Doom Guy

5) Dark Soul or Bubsy? I'm not sure who owns them.

Still, that's tiny roster. Indie have negligible chances, not after Shovel, Shantae and Undertale not getting in.

My guess is Dark Souls, followed by Doom protagonist. After Bayonetta it won't shock anyone.

Verge already disconfirmed

Spoiler

Ubisoft and Namco.

Regarding Number 3,

Spoiler

Crash and Spyro are Activision,  that's a no-go 

according to him.

Assuming Vergeben's not talking out his ass (which is steadily becoming harder and harder to believe):

Spoiler

Part of me wonders if he's still clinging to his old Granblue character rumour (CyGames) after all this time, much like how he remained sure Minecraft would be present in multiple forms for an oddly long time. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't believe the Granblue rumor was Vergeben. I think that came from another source who went back on it soon after when they found out the discussions between the two parties was about something besides Smash.

Hey folks! You ready for quite the turnabout? Remember how Vergeben  kinda snapped nearly every character and company imaginable?

Cause it turns out, he's backtracking quite a bit on that statement:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78235954

There was an additional part to all of this in the messages exchanged.
I gave them that exact list and included names among certain companies as examples in parentheses.

The response that I was given was "My source wouldn't get specific but did say that none of those characters mentioned above are Fighter 5."

The problem is there was a breakdown in our communication which I take fault for since it could have been worded better. I should have asked for better clarification since that could have been interpreted wrong, and was.

They responded to me hours after I posted the list online, and said "for clarification: the characters you listed weren't Fighter 5. Not that it isn't from those specific companies."

That means just those characters I threw in as examples with mentioning companies are dismissed. Those companies are still in play.

Spoiler

The characters deconfirmed that I threw in as specific examples from those companies included in the list were Sega's Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo, Sega's Sakura from Sakura Wars, Activision's Crash Bandicoot, Blizzard's Tracer from Overwatch, and Reimu Hakurei from ZUN / Team Shanghai Alice's Touhou Project.
Kat from Sony's Gravity Rush is also not the character by the way. I was told that in the clarified response.

I apologize for throwing people into such a shocking chaos earlier since even I was too after the list being completely deconfirmed, which is why I shared it in the first place.
Unfortunately, it was misinterpreted. >.<
But this puts us all a more hopeful step back on this wild ride to figuring out who it is.

So it turns out that only a select few characters and companies are out while a lot are still in.

Here's the true Vergeben deconfirmation list:

Spoiler

With that cleared up, the character is NOT from

• Bandai Namco
  • Level-5
  • Ubisoft
  • Falcom
  • Nippon Ichi Software
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Doomguy / Doom Slayer
  • Geno
  • Scorpion
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Arle Nadja
  • Sakura from Sakura Wars
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Tracer
  • Reimu Hakurei
  • Kat from Gravity Rush

Sorry @Ryannumber1Santa, about that last one.

So, the good news is, my spiky haired boy is back in the race.

The bad news....well, @Tracker_TD,

Spoiler

your girl's dead regarding  FP5,

I'm so sorry to say.

I uh

wha

why the hell would a Sony exclusive character who doesn’t even get much love as it is even have anything nearing a fraction of a chance of getting in? I mean, sure, you’ve got Banjo, but Banjo and Rare as an entity has the excuse that it’s deeply rooted in Nintendo history, and Microsoft/Nintendo have been building a healthy business relationship over the past two years.

Not only would it be doubtful for a Sony exclusive to get into Smash in the first place without a reason like Banjo, or even Microsoft, but out of all possible Sony exclusives, including but not limited to:

• Jak
  • Ratchet
  • Sly Cooper
  • Kratos
  • Nathan Drake
  • Iota
  • Joel/Ellie
  • Sir Dan

and so many more, why would they pick Kat or Gravity Rush as a whole? Otherwise known as one of the most mishandled and mistreated exclusive franchises Sony has had, and hasn’t had a game in about three years, and on top of that - has been confirmed to most definitely not be getting another game until PS5 at least, and even that’s unlikely considering how badly Sony fucked over Gravity Rush 2. This is as much as decomfirming as announcing Goku wouldn’t be added.

9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

I uh

wha

why the hell would a Sony exclusive character who doesn’t even get much love as it is even have anything nearing a fraction of a chance of getting in? I mean, sure, you’ve got Banjo, but Banjo and Rare as an entity has the excuse that it’s deeply rooted in Nintendo history, and Microsoft/Nintendo have been building a healthy business relationship over the past two years.

Not only would it be doubtful for a Sony exclusive to get into Smash in the first place without a reason like Banjo, or even Microsoft, but out of all possible Sony exclusives, including but not limited to:

• Jak
  • Ratchet
  • Sly Cooper
  • Kratos
  • Nathan Drake
  • Iota
  • Joel/Ellie
  • Sir Dan

and so many more, why would they pick Kat or Gravity Rush as a whole? Otherwise known as one of the most mishandled and mistreated exclusive franchises Sony has had, and hasn’t had a game in about three years, and on top of that - has been confirmed to most definitely not be getting another game until PS5 at least, and even that’s unlikely considering how badly Sony fucked over Gravity Rush 2. This is as much as decomfirming as announcing Goku wouldn’t be added.

Apparently Kat was a name that people were requesting and one that got ping ponged around a lot in the leaking community, go figure.

These leakers won't know anything until maybe the day before announcement at best. You're better off ignoring their attempts at clout chasing and waiting for something more concrete to surface.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, SonicXtremeMania said:

^ That's means Master Chief COULD be it for FP#5 for Game Awards 2019 right?

Yes, he is a possibility. That said, there also the chance he could make it in post pass as well.

12 minutes ago, Jingilator said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well, the good thing is that my boy Sora might still be revealed at the Game Awards.

Oh Sabi deconfirmed him for FP5, I'm afraid 

I don't have any specific predictions or wants, except that it'd be great if every character they add are ones that people insisted would never happen or were """deconfirmed.""" Perhaps, combined with the times that's already happened, people will finally learn.

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope nothing gets announced and Sakurai comes out and says "You fuckers can wait 'til February when I said the pass was ending."

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

3 hours ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Honestly at this point I am very tired of the constant "leaks" that keep happening. It's just like back and forth between "not happening" and "is happening", arguments over whether the leaker has a good rep or not, etc.

It's pretty much all on Twitter. I hope the new character gets announced soon.

Oh yeah, even Gamexplain are sick of them, seeing as how Sabi's been latching onto Jon's words and predictions.....which are really just that.

Online maintenance scheduled for later today. I doubt this really means anything in terms to Smash other than the online not getting fixed.

4 hours ago, Zaysho said:

I hope nothing gets announced and Sakurai comes out and says "You fuckers can wait 'til February when I said the pass was ending."

That would be the perfect followup to Smash Bros rightfully winning the finale GOTY award. And then cue the orchestra.

1 hour ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

That would be the perfect followup to Smash Bros rightfully winning the finale GOTY award. And then cue the orchestra.

We all know Death Stranding is gonna win, because every Game Award ceremony has to take a moment to praise Kojima.

I'd honestly be shocked if Death Stranding won GOTY. It's been mixed received rather than overly beloved. If it does win in that category then there is shenanigans.

And now it's full on civil war between leakers. I think if this has taught us anything, it's that they don't have a clue.

• Thumbs Up 2