Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Sakurai’s going to be 50 next summer.

To celebrate preemptively (for no reason), what’s your favorite memory of Smash Directs you reacted to for the first time when they first aired?

My fave has to be when Piranha Plant was revealed a year ago and I laughed out loud for about an hour.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/18/2019 at 4:33 PM, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

So, in one year, Smash Ultimate not only became the best selling fighting game of all time, but it also became the best selling console game in Japan this decade.

It's amazing how it's accomplished all of this, despite being available on just one console.

• Thumbs Up 2

Maaaan, we could seriously use another Direct right now. There's likely gonna be one between January and February, since the year's almost over.

• Thumbs Up 1

On one hand, this is hardly any different from the Direct drought the year before. For four years straight, the last regular Direct of that year occurred in September and going by last year at least, there won't be a new one to February. 

Yet to be fair, at least this game's launch hype was more than enough to tide us over till then, and before, the gap in between was covered by one or two game centered Directs. This year's gap merely gave us a showcase on a single (yet perfectly beefy) new character of one game. A January direct of any sort would be good for a "kickoff-the-new-decade" event, but I don't expect that to be in Nintendo's humble nature for now.

18 hours ago, Jingilator said:

That homage to the Melee CSS is scarily accurate. I almost thought it was fanmade for a sec.

That should tell you how easy it is.

28 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

That should tell you how easy it is.

How easy it is to what? I was just complimenting it.

2 minutes ago, Jingilator said:

How easy it is to what? I was just complimenting it.

To fake it.

Which people do all the time. Though I'm not sure how thinking it's fan-made is a compliment, but that's not the focus of my comment.

58 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

To fake it.

Which people do all the time. Though I'm not sure how thinking it's fan-made is a compliment, but that's not the focus of my comment.

I was moreso complimenting its faithfulness to the source material.

Anyways, before this derails, when do you guys think the inevitable January Direct will be?

I have a good feeling that Master Chief might be FP#5 along with Master Chief Collection coming to Switch soon during Nintendo Direct probably next week or two weeks. What are you think guys?

16 hours ago, SonicXtremeMania said:

I have a good feeling that Master Chief might be FP#5 along with Master Chief Collection coming to Switch soon during Nintendo Direct probably next week or two weeks. What are you think guys?

Doubt it. We already had a Microsoft character with Banjo, so it would be a different series from a different company. Speaking of which...

Spoiler

Please, I want Klonoa so badly, there is no chance that he won't be in Smash.

1 hour ago, BlueSpeedsterYT said:

Doubt it. We already had a Microsoft character with Banjo, so it would be a different series from a different company. Speaking of which...

Hide contents

Please, I want Klonoa so badly, there is no chance that he won't be in Smash.

Not that I think it makes Chief any more likely, but a lot of the third parties have at least two reps right now. Sega has Sonic and Bayonetta, Konami has Snake and the Belmonts, and Capcom has Megaman, Ryu and Ken. Another MS rep wouldn't be entirely unheard of, in this fighter pass or the next.

What I am wary of is speculation and guessing based on ports, especially recent ones. I really hate to remind you guys, but the DLC picks were decided very early on, long before development of the main game had wrapped up (hell, a lot of it is arguably based on Smash 4's ballot), so none of this stuff has any bearing on a character's chances and it probably never did. We already went through this same song and dance when Doom and Skyrim got Switch ports and amounted to neither Doomguy nor Dragonborn, or even so much as a reference to either.

• Thumbs Up 1

CHALLENGER PACK 5 IS FINALLY BEING REVEALED IN ITS OWN SHOWCASE ON THURSDAY. THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!

• Thumbs Up 1

https://cytu.be/r/Motobug

As usual, Motobug will be streaming the Direct for SSMB members who wanna watch it live together.

reMind is coming out in a week just saying, its time for a certain spike boy with a key to join the fight

Is that pose Sakurai is doing supposed to be a clue or something

Edited by Ellipsis-Ultima
Realised too late about the typo

42 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

reMind is coming out in a week just saying, its time for a certain spike boy with a key to join the fight

Yeah, Phoenix Wright, with the keys to the case 

43 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Is that pose Samurai is doing supposed to be a clue or something

Funnily enough,  while it's no gurantee,  I've heard a lot of people theorize that his fingers match the shape of Phoenix Wright's hairdo. Lol.

I really fucking hope not.

DMC fanboys are the most obnoxious group of people on forums there is, and DMC5 was practically my GOTY last year.

And stylish action game characters always feel like crap in FGs, (ie mvc dante, bayo smash)

Bayonetta felt fine to me pre nerf and I like how Dante feels in the Marvel games too. 

It doesn't have to be Dante really just any character that has...some kinda depth to their kit? starting to get kinda bored