Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

4 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Take the fastest character in the game and give him the ability to damage fighters as he runs.

I mean... Egg Roll is a thing.

250px-Yoshi_Egg_Roll_Wii_U.jpg

"Moving and dealing damage" has never been a trait unique to Sonic. I think it's assuming an awful lot that it'd be overpowered based simply on its likeness in his own games when this has never really been the case for any other character when the option has been offered. Hell, Sonic's spindash moves are basically already this anyway. It's an integral part of his approaching and comboing game. Where have you guys been the past few years?

• Nice Smile 1

If the homing attack worked like it did in Sonic games, I'm pretty sure it'd be literally the most overpowered move in Smash history.

I wouldn't want the boost though. Mostly because there'd be annoying arguments about it, but also because I do sincerely prefer Sonic spinning to attack things. As Blacklightning pointed out, it'd functionally not be that much different anyway. In fact I think they legitimately could have just kept the LW-style Spin Dash in Forces...but uh, I digress.

Anyway I still really wish they'd change his side-B. It just feels really, really boring having two special moves that are basically the same thing with some slightly different properties. Maybe there's even other examples of this in Smash that I'm forgetting but if that's the case, I want those changed too. :V

• Thumbs Up 7

@Celestia

Well maybe that's where the "boost" comes in. 

How I'd do it would be to have Down-B be the only spin-dash move with the rapidly tapping to charge. The Side-B could have Sonic do his Peel-Out, as that just requires holding the button to charge, then make him run with boost aura. The move itself plays mostly the same as the old Side-B, but with alteted animations.

Also, the Speed Crasher equip and the Shinespark power from Smash 4 gives him that boost effect as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Anyway I still really wish they'd change his side-B. It just feels really, really boring having two special moves that are basically the same thing with some slightly different properties. Maybe there's even other examples of this in Smash that I'm forgetting but if that's the case, I want those changed too. :V

I thought the same once too, but I think there's an interesting quirk to be found in so many of Sonic's moves sharing very similar animations because of the potential it has for mindgames. Being forced to basically guess what Sonic's going to do next would really help him out a lot all things considered - the main issue is you don't really have any reason to use Spincharge to my knowledge because the regular Spindash does almost the same thing except it's easier to control and you can combo out of it to boot. If it were up to me I'd give Spincharge some extra traits that don't make it counterable in the same way, like super armour or something.

• Thumbs Up 7

What if charging the regular down special gave him the LSD...? Like uncharged it could just be the regular multi-hit spin dash, but fully charged it could work like Ike's Side Special except active until the animation ends and not needing to actually connect to hit. And it could work like Cloud's Limit moves where you need to down special again to use it.

That way you add to Sonic's moveset, make the down special a worthwhile option, and don't need to get rid of the side-special which is much better anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

What if charging the regular down special gave him the LSD...?

Then it'd be the return of tripping balls

• Chuckle 3

On 3/9/2018 at 9:15 PM, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Hmmm, so Sakurai says it's been in development since 2016.

And, well, Sakurai was seen hanging out with Hideki Kamiya and Shu Takumi in 2016 so.......I guess Bayonetta and Phoenix Wright are on the potential table.

Which would just add all the more needed star power to the roster.

SO far one half of this has already come to pass. Really sure about that other half for the fighting roster, especially if each third party wants to add in a newcomer, if the potential news about Simon Belmont is true.

• Way Past Cool 1

On 6/12/2018 at 7:21 PM, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

comic372.png

Y'know, in hindsight, given how Ridley pretty much starts his trailer up by murdering Mario, Megaman and company, maybe Samus was on to something.

Oh and make no mistake, between Roy shenanigans, this and Daisy, I'm sure Awkward Zombie is gonna have a field day riffing with this game.

She'll help mend the hole left by Brawl In The Family. 

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Then it'd be the return of tripping balls

Spoiler

Just cuz~ lol

3 hours ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

SO far one half of this has already come to pass. Really sure about that other half for the fighting roster, especially if each third party wants to add in a newcomer, if the potential news about Simon Belmont is true.

And if Simon joins in the fight, then he must get his theme:

19 hours ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Because even if it did scratch damage, it would be hideously overpowered. Take the fastest character in the game and give him the ability to damage fighters as he runs. That would give Sonic a stupidly powerful ground game. Also, using it in the air would give him horizontal recovery he really doesn't need. Do you really wanna go into For Glory and literally get run down by Sonic's along with Little Mac?

They could always give Sonic a boost gauge that slowly builds up during a fight, similar to characters like Little Mac, Inkling, Cloud, and ROB. That way, Sonic’s boost can’t be spammed.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well if Square gets another rep, hoping Sora is on the table still despite KH3 not coming to switch. Thought FF7 isn’t either and Clouds I’m so hey who knows 

5 minutes ago, KHCast said:

despite KH3 not coming to switch. Thought FF7 isn’t either

Granted, both of those eventually coming to the Switch are pending possibilities as well.

• Way Past Cool 1

Also, Sora has history on Nintendo's handheld consoles, like Chain of Memories on the GBA, the unmentionable DS games, and Dream Drop Distance on the 3DS. Dare I say it, he has more history on Nintendo than Cloud does. The only problem with Sora is Disney, and I'm sure they won't mind.

• Thumbs Up 2

@PublicEnemy1

I feel there's more factors to it than just it's large media reach. Nintendo has partnered up with alot of it's biggest business rivals: Skylanders, Universal Studios, Ilumination Entertainment... I can't think of any recent time they did partner up other than WiR. And now, there's a chance it won't happen again for WiR2, maybe for the above reasons.

Plus there a chance Disney's end of the offer would result in getting a dominate share of advertisment.

Everything about this game is making me more and more excited. All of the characters returning (Including MAH BOY WOLF and the full Pokemon Trainer set, who I didn't realize how much I missed), the ENORMOUS stage roster (Featuring some of my overlooked personal favorites like Mushroom Kingdom II, Saffron City, and Yoshi's Island Brawl), all the little tweaks and changes (Zelda looks friggin' ADORABLE now), the return of David Hayter and Xander Mobus, that just plain SICK artwork with all the characters (Which they're wisely using part of for the box art), and of course, the long-awaited debut of everyone's favorite purple space pirate dragon. I just can't fathom there being even more content than THIS, BUT THERE IS and that's what probably makes me the MOST excited. If K. Rool gets in by some strange universal force, I'll be on the moon when this game launches.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Here's a fun question: if you could add exactly one 1st part and one 3rd party character, who would that be (assuming it can't be another Sonic character)?

For DK franchise really deserves more than 2 representative, so Dixie or K.Rool. And 3rd party is obvious

Spoiler

image.png.798812f0c2e8ed0ae3ac60bcc1f78fa9.png

Simon Belmont and team is back  together!

You know, I wonder if this could be the last Smash Bros. 64 started it, Melee perfected mechanics, Brawl added story & 3rd parties, while WiiU/3D added all most wanted 3party and made on-line worth while. Now Ultimate brings back everyone and calls itself ultimate=best/last/final. I just can't imagine what next smash could add.

Maybe instead NIntendo could release new DLC every year or so and then remaster it once new console comes. Seems like solution that would satisfy everyone to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Here's a fun question: if you could add exactly one 1st part and one 3rd party character, who would that be (assuming it can't be another Sonic character)?

My first party choice would definitely be Dixie Kong (I've even updated my signature to reflect this). DKC 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, so, I'd personally love the duo from that to be together in Smash. She could do quite a bit with her hair, I'd imagine. As for third party, that's a tough one. My personal pick would probably be NiGHTS, but, a more popular choice would be Banjo-Kazooie, so I'd probably go with that. Microsoft even seems to be on board with letting that happen.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I think Shadow may actually have a chance of being Sonic's Echo Fighter after all. The way the Echo Fighters were given mention in the Direct makes it seem like we'll be getting a few more of them, as a way to please fan who want more characters without having to put in too much extra work to do so. Shadow would definitely make sense for Sonic's, especially with Knuckles now being an Assist Trophy. Another Echo Fighter I could definitely see happening would be Ken being an Echo Fighter of Ryu (which I would personally love if that does happen). Ugh, the wait for more info on this game is going to be brutal.

• Thumbs Up 1

Y'all ever notice the little differences between Peach's and Daisy's dresses in Smash? They mirror the differences on their original dresses, along with differing patterns and lace.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Fist Bump 1

15 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

You know I gotta keep rooting for my boy K. Rool. Like you said, DK needs more representation in Smash than just two Kongs, reused levels, and Jungle Hijinx remixes. K. Rool would stand out more than Dixie or Funky (Though having either of them wouldn't be bad, either), and he'd be another playable villain, which there are still surprisingly few of. (Discounting antiheroes like Dedede or Wario, it's really just Bowser, Bowser Jr./Koopalings, Ganondorf, and now Ridley.) And his moveset could pull from all his appearances in the DKC trilogy and DK 64- Plus, those alter egos would all make great alts!

As for third-party, since Knuckles and Bomberman are just Assist Trophies, I guess I'd go with either Shantae or Crash Bandicoot, since both have had pretty positive relationships with Nintendo over the years. But since Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man are all back, I'd be fine if we didn't get any more guests.

• Thumbs Up 2

The official site and its blog have recently got updated with quite some interesting new seeds of info. https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/blog/index.html

29_4.jpg

First off, there's the look at a "Black Hole" item. The pic that;s really gotten people's interest is Fox in what could look to be the new "Final Destination".

And in other news, Tomoya Ohanti is composing a new Splatoon remix.

• Thumbs Up 4

17 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

For first party character, I gotta say K. Rool. There aren't many playable actual villains in Smash, and it'd be great if the DK series could get more representation.

For third party character, DOOOOOOM SLAYER, BABYYYY! If my several posts in this topic didn't make that clear enough, of course.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

First party, Skull Kid. This man would be an awesome Zelda addition. What with his dark magic and mask powers. 3rd party would obviously for me be Sora. I mean look at his moveset in 3 and you can definitely find a unique play style for the guy to work with in Smash

41 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

And in other news, Tomoya Ohanti is composing a new Splatoon remix.

Woah, cool. Wasn't expecting that. If Tomoya Ohtani is on board, then hopefully that's a good sign for getting some new Sonic remixes!

• Thumbs Up 3