Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

12 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Who its likely gonna be: Spring Man (with Ribbon Girl as Echo I guess)

Who I want it to be: Twintelle.

Doubt it’s Spring Man since he’s an assist trophy. I’m hoping for Twintelle (a.k.a. Best Waifu) as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Doubt it’s Spring Man since he’s an assist trophy. I’m hoping for Twintelle (a.k.a. Best Waifu) as well.

They're gonna replace the Spring Man assist with Springtron when he's battling.  Bet on it.

Spoiler

Praying for Min Min.

• Fist Bump 1

My only worry about them adding Twintelle us the surface similarities to Bayo. Tall, "sexy", fights with hair etc 

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly I had figured Arms was dead. Also surprised they announced the series but not the fighter themself. Could just be that they aren't in a polished enough state to show off yet, but it makes me wonder if it might be an actual surprise and not one of the most obvious picks.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Soniman said:

My only worry about them adding Twintelle us the surface similarities to Bayo. Tall, "sexy", fights with hair etc 

Meh, so what?

34 minutes ago, Nix said:
45 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

They're gonna replace the Spring Man assist with Springtron when he's battling.  Bet on it.

59 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Who its likely gonna be: Spring Man (with Ribbon Girl as Echo I guess)

Who I want it to be: Twintelle.

Ya'' are gonna feel silly when they end up pulling a Dragon Quest Heroes/Koopa Kids on us and have them ALL be playable.

• Thumbs Up 2

They are probably making a second ARMS game and the new fighter will tie into that somehow.

• Thumbs Up 4

Arm sounds a little lame. Unless they pull out Bowser Jr and few guys at once, that would be kinda neat.

I mean, still worse than 3rd party, but always better than Fire Emblem

But look on bright sites: if Assist Trophy can become newcomers, there is shade of chance for my guy.

I just can't wait for whoever it is to show up so the argument that they'll basically just be a little mac with a reach will die. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I haven't played Arms aside from a test demo thing and it was fun, so I'm cool with a character from that series in Smash.

But the thing that excites me the most about this is that a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 character now has a chance!!

3 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

Really? I kinda forgot about that...

2 hours ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Ya'' are gonna feel silly when they end up pulling a Dragon Quest Heroes/Koopa Kids on us and have them ALL be playable.

... actually it could happen too. That thought was on the back of my head tbh

No care for the series - but will make an interesting addition for sure. Maybe even all 15 of them like the Koopa Kids - I know it wasn’t announced that way but like some of you on here that was pretty much how I read into it - especially the extra dev time that was mentioned (Covid-19 - not withstanding additionally).

This potentially changes the ballgame with the previously assumed “Trophy = Series Representation”. Anything goes now.

This has me very excited. Honestly any rep would be great, but if it’s Spring Man, that salt from gatekeepers that enforce everything fan rule conceivable is gonna taste so good 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

This has me very excited. Honestly any rep would be great, but if it’s Spring Man, that salt from gatekeepers that enforce everything fan rule conceivable is gonna taste so good 

On the other hand that gives Waluigi a chance. Blech.

But on the OTHER other hand, Shadow or Isaac also get a chance. Highly doubt Shadow but I love him so I'll never give up hope until the very end, hehe.

• Thumbs Up 3

Bleh. Not really excited. However despite me not caring for arms if the character is at least fun to play as, I'll be fine. 

I didn't like Arms as a game that much but the characters are cool so whatever.

I'm down for anything as long as it's not Waluigi

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's a better question: which of the 42 ARMS would the fighter use in their moveset?

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I'm down for anything as long as it's not Waluigi

Why's that?

Anyway, if Spring Man's the character then you may have something to worry about.

I’m pretty confident that we’re probably getting one or two more Nintendo reps after arms, hence the 6 characters in total this time. If we get 3, I can guarantee you the other two will more than likely be Pokemon Gen 8 and a Xenoblade Rep.

As for 3rd parties, we’ll probably get one “wtf omg hype” popular character. Guessing Master Chief or Sora there. Probably a Capcom Rep as well, likely Dante or a RE Rep. As for the 3rd third party...Crash. That seems like a safe bet. Him or Rayman. Some classic icon. A follow up guess would be some Bethesda Rep like Doom Slayer or Dovakhin.

Unfortunately, I don’t think Geno will make the cut again, unless they pull a Piranha Plant situation again

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Probably a Capcom Rep as well, likely Dante or a RE Rep.

No joke, Phoenix Wright has a shot....well I guess, Capcom did remember he's a thing.

If we do get another Xenoblade rep, I think it’s either gonna be Rex or Pyramid. As for the gen 8 Pokémon rep, my money is on Rillaboom since we already have Greninja and Incineroar as the stand alone water and fire starters respectively, so we need someone to rep the grass types.

But if Springman gets in, I really hope another Sonic character like Tails or Eggman get in since it would prove once and for all that Spirits don’t deconfirm.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm honestly really happy with ARMS. It's not a game I play, but it's a new IP with really cool and appealing character designs, and it was always a shame it and Xenoblade 2 missed the cutoff for the original base roster. If Spring Man gets promoted that pretty much tosses everything out the window how people figure character picks are decided, like ATs being out and I would be perfectly okay with that. Him aside, if they don't want to just promote an AT and be done with it, I can see Ribbon Girl or Min Min as go-tos since I remember them being pretty popular leading up the game's release.

It does give me hope they might be looking at stuff they just weren't able to with the first pass; Rex & Pyra or Elma are my most wanted for a second Xeno rep, though I probably shouldn't expect that. Urshifu is the only other character I'm really expecting, and I think it'd be an interesting parallel to Incineroar. Other than that, anything from the recent spirit events that have been added would be interesting. Astral Chain seems like a good choice.

Hopefully Sakurai and his team aren't overwhelmed with everything going on and not overworking themselves for all this.

• Thumbs Up 8

I wonder if it was convenient for the Smash team in terms of their internal schedule to start the second Fighters Pass with a character from a Nintendo IP, so they wouldn't have to spend time in negotiations with the rights holder.  Actually, thinking about it in those terms, given the rumour that they pitched for Sora but got rejected by Disney Japan, I wonder if Byleth was an emergency replacement; s/he does seem a relatively unglamourous character to have ended on given that a second Fighters Pass wasn't part of the original plan.

It's interesting that Fighters Pass 2 will include an extra character compared to the original Fighters Pass.  It does make me wonder if they might have inserted Geno in at the end for the long-time fans, given that Smash Ultimate is something of a last chance for dream characters.

56 minutes ago, FFWF said:

Actually, thinking about it in those terms, given the rumour that they pitched for Sora but got rejected by Disney

That’s misinformed since the guy that “rumor” came from was speculating and has gone on record to say he thinks FP2 will have a big name like either Sora or Master Chief. We also, if that’s indeed true this negotiation, don’t know when this interaction took place. Could have been during Smash 4 for all we know. So I doubt that had anything to do with Byleth 

Waluigi is the last chance for a fan favorite, with ARMS getting represented, I'm sure he is a safe bet too. After the base game I was so desperate for more third party characters, Fighter Pass came and I thought "be careful what you wish for" some picks were good, but others I really didn't care for (Joker and Terry), Piranha Plant and Byleth were wastes of slot but still, they are very fun to play as IMO, very creative moveset, Hero and Banjo were of course my top picks and my overall favorites. So it was so-so on DLC roster, now I actually really want more Nintendo characters ironically.

I'm really okay with ARMS getting in, the characters look really colorful and charming, I'm currently trying it as I have Switch Online. 

I agree about the rumored sequel, it will probably tie into that. If they expand the game I might as well buy it.

So it's either the protagonist of the sequel or the entire cast of the debut game, maybe the former is more likely, but still the dream for some AT playable chars becomes real, they've broken rules before, so why not this one.

Other first party characters I want is definitely a Zelda rep, it's been since Brawl, c'mon. The Galarian Pokemon which could be in is likely Urshifu, with his double moveset water and darkness type, I can definitely see that, or the other likely Rillaboom. No more Fire Emblem, Byleth should have been in FP2 though. But it may be 50/50 with first and third parties.

So, to recap:

1 Fighter from ARMS or possible sequel

1 Fighter from the Mario series (one of the 2 fan faves)

1 Fighter from Pokemon SwSh or Expansion Pass

1 More Nintendo Fighter ???

2 big name Third Party characters: take your pick

This way we will have overall 12 DLC characters: 6 Nintendo and 6 special guests. 

(Even though we may get 1 or 2 playable ATs, I still rule out potential Sonic fighters, or any other SEGA rep, we already have 3, I honestly don't want anymore, neither Sonic or SEGA, since we have only a few spots left, I'd rather bigger and more iconic characters be represented, somebody between Shantae, Crash or Doomguy)