Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Meanwhile Final Fantasy has jack shit basically hah. There's really no better time then now with the remake out.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Meanwhile Final Fantasy has jack shit basically hah. There's really no better time then now with the remake out.

Well duh. They'd likely save new Final Fantasy stuff for a newcomer like Sephiroth.

1 minute ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Well duh. They'd likely save new Final Fantasy stuff for a newcomer like Sephiroth.

Given the lack of FF content as it is, I think you're being very very unrealistically optimistic in regards to Square.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Given the lack of FF content as it is, I think you're being very very unrealistically optimistic in regards to Square.

True yes, Square have been awfully stingy.  Still though, it's not entirely impossible. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd personally want a character, but it's really cool they're giving Seiken Densetsu 3/Trials of Mana some shine with this. Might have to load up the game to collect these, and I really don't care about Spirit collecting normally.

With Trials of Mana getting a Spirit Event before Kingdom Hearts (or, hell, even FF7R, of all things), I’ve become that tiny bit more hopeful for Sora.

And before someone brings up Disney saying no, that was a debunked rumor.

3 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Not sure why anyone trusts those leakers...like at all.

If you’re referring to PG he’s not a leaker. And he doesn’t trust any of the leaks, it’s speculative discussion. The person who called the trials of mana spirits mentioned LoL, so it’s just worth discussion and keeping an eye on to see if anything comes from that. There’s a reason “potential evidence” is said 

What do you guys think about the idea of Subspace Army Assist Trophies?

-Poppant: Runs around dropping healing items and rocks

-Auroros: Dives into the ground after flying above its target; can be used a throwing item once it gets stuck

-Jyk: Floats around and attacks using a Hydro barrier. It can also follow up with one of two attacks:

>It can turn into a Zap Jyk and spin around (sucking in enemies) until it lets put a burst of electricity

>It can turn into a Flame Jyk and shoot out flames from its spikes, turning either from a T shape to an X shape or vice-versa

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, place your bets, everyone! What’s it gonna be for when the ARMS character is revealed? Will it be:

A. Just ARMS and nothing else

B. ARMS + 1st/2nd party

C. ARMS + 3rd party

I'm confident towards A. Not only it has been a while where we have stopped with the tease to the next character immediately after the reveal of one, but Nintendo has stated that between Sakurai's health and the current epidemic the gap between each character release is gonna be longer than before.

On 4/27/2020 at 8:49 AM, Stritix said:

An ARMS fighter tie-in with a sequel would be kinda weird. I thought ARMS came and went?

I also think it would be awkward to put a character from an ARMS sequel that would come out who knows when, and introduce the character in Ultimate first, in June. It makes no sense.

But still, it's also weird to promote the old ARMS, right now lol, maybe it's just fitting since both are fighting games?

• Thumbs Up 2

Sakurai likes featuring new IP's.  I'm pretty sure he said so back when... I think it was Wii Fit Trainer?  When Wii Fit Trainer was first revealed for Smash?

I know he has specifically said something about Nintendo making new IP's, either that he was happy they made something new for him to feature, or that they had gone a long time without making new ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not really that weird, tbh.

Arms missed the boat because Ultimate's base roster was already decided upon prior to its announcement. And the game was overshadowed by Splatoon 2 a month after its release and basically faded out by the following year. It's a very good thing it's getting another shot, and Smash is the perfect platform to do it. I'm not expecting the character will be from some sequel or whatever anyway. It would make more sense to go with a popular character like Min Min if it's not the poster boy, Spring Man. There's no hard rule that the DLC has to be promoting anything current and, like with Joker* and Banjo from the last pass, certainly not anything that's actually on Switch.

*I know Scramble is a thing now

• Thumbs Up 4

There’s a new Spirit Event where the focus is…EYEBROWS. I wish I was making this up.

8 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

There’s a new Spirit Event where the focus is…EYEBROWS. I wish I was making this up.

Meh, we've already had wiederer spirit events.

Sooo…what stage(s) do you want with your most wanted? Here’s mine:

Sora: Station of Awakening
Crash: N. Sanity Beach
Adeleine & Ribbon: Ripple Star
Min Min: Ramen Bowl
Axel Stone: Wood Oak City Slums
Euden: The Halidom

• 2 weeks later...