Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

So my overall thoughts on Min Min: she’s pretty fun. A bit more of a technical and grounded character than I expected, and not as fast as I initially was assuming, but she’s not  bad, but also not high tier. There are a lot of opportunities to punish her moves, and more times than none you’ll be sticking with one of the Arm transformations for a majority of the time. She’s a decent mid tier imo that has a lot of potential in the right hands, but I don’t think I’ll be maining her.Will be interested to see what patches she gets down the line. As far as where I put her on the DLC characters so far, she’s better than Byleth and Banjo mechanically, but I think Joker, Hero and Terry still bring more interesting things to the table that have me coming back to them often. Min Min has her range, but it surprisingly isn’t too effective (I mean maybe when people practice a bit more with her, she’ll be a powerful tool to use to keep center stage, who knows)

Her stage is casual mayhem tho and I love that lol. Also of course the music bops.

2 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Well....the Smash Community is burning down currently more than usual.

Man, you wish it was just the Smash community. Not really on topic, but the whole FCG community is ablaze right now and EVo this year is cancelled.

5 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Well....the Smash Community is burning down currently more than usual.

Since i've followed only Alpharad until this point, there's not much to lose for me. Still, you'd think people would have discovered what happened years ago instead of now.

And i gotta be honest, considering las year EVO had made a mockery of itself with the whole "core values" bit reguarding Dead or Alive 6, skipping this time for a better restructure in the future is the best things that could have happened.

Yeah, let's be honest, the Smash community will survive this and come back stronger for it.

All this is, is a wake up call. It's not some "Death of a Community", or at least a permanent death like a lot of people with wishful thinking have been dramatizing it to be.

What this is, is a sign that the FCG community as a whole needs to weed them out.

Granted, despite the chances that they may be guilty as well,  I'm relieved that MissClickGaming, ZeRo, and Alpharad seem to be innocent so far, I'll admit.

• Thumbs Up 2

When Nintendo has to make a official statement, you know this is a lot more serious than initially perceived by people. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

There’s a Spirit Event for Octopath Traveler of all games.

Not only is this the first Spirit Event with new Spirits since Trials of Mana, but both events are from lesser-known Square Enix games. Could this raise hope for series like Kingdom Hearts or The World Ends with You to get Sora or Neku as a fighter?

If anything, this solidifies to me the inevitability that TWEWY will get into Smash somehow. It’s only a matter of time. Spirit event probably is the most likely, but I could also see Mii fighter costumes for Brawler being a option if there’s another Square rep outside TWEWY chosen 

So who do you guys think might be the Terry and Joker of Vol. 2? Characters who we don't really talk about but come from a relatively small, yet influential franchise (and may be very recent or very old)?

My bet would be Sakura Shinguji from Sakura Wars.

I personally wouldn't call Puyo Puyo small, but Arle would certainly be a pick that I think the majority of people would equate to Terry or something. 

I'd be fine with Sakura too! I just really want Arle. 

Phoenix Wright would probably apply to such a scenario as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Perkilator said:

So who do you guys think might be the Terry and Joker of Vol. 2? Characters who we don't really talk about but come from a relatively small, yet influential franchise (and may be very recent or very old)?

My bet would be Sakura Shinguji from Sakura Wars.

Does Joker really qualify for that? Persona has always been fairly popular and Persona 5 practically exploded in popularity. Joker wasn’t a surprise because he was from a small, yet influential franchise, but because mainline Persona titles had always been exclusive to PlayStation consoles (barring the Persona Q series), so Joker getting into Smash not only practically burst open the realm of possibility to a lot of third party selections (arguably on the level of Snake getting into Brawl), but also showed off how much Sakurai had a stake in DLC choices (Sakurai is a self-proclaimed Persona fanboy, and Persona 5 in particular was the inspiration for Ultimate’s menus).

Hell, I’d argue Banjo more fits into that, it’s a beloved franchise, but it’s been dead since 2008, and on top of that, it hasn’t been considered a massive franchise since 2000, a small franchise in which its influence lived on due to how good the original game was.

Anyways, tangent over - onto the main point, I still really want to see Professor Layton as a Smash character, he’d been in a Nintendo exclusive franchise for the longest time, and was practically the king of puzzle games on the DS.

• Thumbs Up 1

Inspired by this tweet, what female character would you pick for Vol. 2? For me, it’d be either Jill Valentine or Sakura Shinguji.

My entire wishlist for volume 2 was female characters lol (though I care less and less about an Overwatch rep with each passing day, I never play that anymore lol).

I have a question. I've not played Smash for a while and had since returned to it. I still had challenges to do, World of Light to complete and Spirits to find. I've found most things but have noticed 10 Spirits that just fail to show up. They were previously event Spirits and was wondering if they only appeared during that event. 

But I missed most events yet still found Spirits from Astral Chain, Cuphead and Resident Evil. But the Spirits from 1404 to 1413 still refuse to appear. Is that the same for anyone else? Do I need to just keep trying?

The Spirits I'm missing are from:

Spoiler

Ring Fit Adventure, Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Trails of Mana.

Previously event-exclusive Spirits are added to the base game for regular unlocking in periodic game updates, so you just have to wait for the next one, as none of those Spirits have been added to the base game yet. You're not doing anything wrong. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda like this video Source Gaming did.

Although, it did make me wonder; what if Chosen Undead was revealed alongside Crash Bandicoot?

Not my first pick but I'd be so down. Souls has become it's own genre at this point. I'd be fine with just spirit events even.

Seems like a huge tonal mismatch to me. I can't really see the chosen undead jumping around like a Smash bros character does without it looking really goofy.

Honestly, if we had to pick a Dark Souls rep, it would probably be better off being Solaire.

This isn't a joke:

Update your Smash game.  They shadowdropped a new stage (Small Battlefield)

Here's my tweet showing the new stage select screen so I don't waste storage for a one time post