Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

The Creeper and Pig Mii Fighters have floating limbs... I'm thinking Rayman might end up being a Mii Costume as opposed to a fighter.

I'd prefer a fighter, sure, but it seems less likely now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, I really think most of the Echoes should’ve used the custom moves from the fighter they’re based on for their Specials. Here are the ones I was thinking:

BDAC8A1C-51F8-43BC-82E3-81FA5E9B94A9.thumb.jpeg.dfd80997e225cc01f68bd093e5d41345.jpeg

In addition, I was thinking of giving Dark Samus two of her moves from when she was an Assist Trophy:

• The Phazon tentacles for her down Smash
  • The bullet volley for her flurry attack

Things like this would make the Echoes feel more like semi-clones instead of glorified alts.

I mean, the entire point of the echoes was that, to have so many of them (or have them AT ALL), they had to cut down on the amount of time needed to balance them. Sakurai even said they were balanced in relation to the original character, which saved a LOT of time. It was either they be almost exact copies or not be there at all, as they didn't have the manpower or time to spend balancing so many additions.

As a side note (since I know you're not complaining about it, but many people do): honestly, I really agree with Sakurai on his stance. The people who complain about these echo characters are like the people who would complain about a free desert with your meal- you're getting something extra for free, something they had to still spend money and time on- but they didn't have enough extra money or time to give you a second meal, so people don't want it? It's another fun example of entitlement (which this fanbase has plenty of).

• Thumbs Up 1

My only disappointment with Echo fighters was it feeling kind of underutilized and a pointless rebranding of clone characters (it also felt unevenly applied but whatever). I'm honestly fine with how the ones we have play, even if I agree that some of them deserved to stand out more, but it's better than not having those characters at all and in most cases the slight variations just make them more fun to play with than the character they're based on. Kinda wish the base game got a couple more (though mostly I just wanted Shadow).

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Kinda wish the base game got a couple more (though mostly I just wanted Shadow).

Same for me, i do believe there was enough potential to squeeze a couple more and to fill the quota of "franchise gets new rep" in some kind of way, like Black Shadow from Captain Falcon or Medusa from Palutena.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, the thing with Echoes is that they aren't meant to be semi-clones, they're MEANT to be glorified alts - because otherwise they wouldn't exist at all.  Having said that, it's for that reason I'm kinda surprised we didn't get a few more.  I was certainly expecting more than 10 with how huge the roster is otherwise.  It's especially weird having Chrom and Lucina being clones of Marth and Roy, who were already clones of each other to a degree.  But I guess they were going with what characters people wanted without worrying about who they were cloning to do it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Man, I’m looking forward to Steve’s Classic Mode route. I’m hoping it’s against characters from other best-selling video game franchises.

With Steve making his debut, SSMB Game Night is playing Smash Bros Ultimate on Saturday October 17th at 9pm BST/4pm EST, and running it until 12am BST/7pm EST (3 hours). Let me know if you wanna play.

So there’s a bug where the Crafting box won’t respawn. Here’s hoping that gets patched fast cause yikes you’re fucked the rest of the match once you loose your equipment 

4 hours ago, KHCast said:

So there’s a bug where the Crafting box won’t respawn.

Ah, I was wondering why that kept seeming to happen. 

1 minute ago, dbzfan7 said:

Haven't noticed that yet. I use Shield B to summon the box when I need or after it's destroyed.

For me it hasn’t always allowed me to respawn it when doing shield B. It for a whole match just stopped respawning altogether, and I was left just using Steve’s hands.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Reveal hidden contents

Is Shadow the Hedgehog a playable character? [SPOILER/]

He isn't no, he appears as a non-playable guest Assist Trophy character as he was in all previous Smash Bros games featuring Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, JezMM said:

He isn't no, he appears as a non-playable guest Assist Trophy character as he was in all previous Smash Bros games featuring Sonic.

That’s a shame. I thought we’d see more Sonic characters, just as happened with the Zelda characters, first Link, then Young Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. I could see Shadow using a punch like Ganondorf or Falcon Punch only green with an emerald in hand. Perhaps, “Chaos Punch or Chaos Fist!!” :) 

Question: if Vol. 2 had 10 fighters instead of 6 (2 Echoes can come with any one of these), which ones would you pick? Only rule is that you have to include the officially revealed fighters as well. Here are mine:

• 76: Min Min
  • 76ε: Ninjara
  • 77: Sora
  • 78: Steve
  • 79: Euden
  • 80: Crash Bandicoot
  • 81: Sakura Shinguji
  • 81ε: Sakura Amamiya
  • 82: Bandana Dee
  • 83: Scorbunny
  • 84: Monster Hunter
  • 85: Crazy Dave

Honorable mentions: King Boo, Frogger, Jill Valentine

Traditionally I don't post anything remotely related to competitive here, but here's a video by one of the best Sonic mains about his new setups thanks to the 9.0.0 buffs.  I figured people will appreciate it here considering this is a Sonic forum:

Rate my vision for an Ultimate DX (this is brand new content only):

Unique Fighters

• Crash Bandicoot
  • Bandana Dee
  • Toxtricity
  • Euden
  • Sakura Shinguji

Echo Fighters

• Black Shadow (#11ε)
  • Shadow the Hedgehog (#38)
  • Alph (#40ε)
  • Ninjara (#76ε)
  • Sakura Amamiya

New Assist Trophies

• Pokémon Ranger
  • Hanneman
  • Bald Bull
  • Cactuar
  • Futaba Sakura
  • Golem (Dragon Quest)
  • Mumbo Jumbo
  • Nakoruru
  • Creeper
  • Dr. Neo Cortex
  • Ichiro Ogami

New Stages

• N. Sanity Beach
  • Dream Palace
  • Wyndon
  • Halidom
  • Grand Imperial Theater

Returning Stages

• Rainbow Road
  • Wooly World
  • Poké Floats
  • Mute City (Melee)
  • PAC-MAZE

New Bosses

• Ho-Oh
  • Grima

New Modes

• True All-Star (has you facing characters in order of Smash debut; All-Star Smash gets axed)
  • Coin Battles
  • Boss Battles

Other Additions

• A new WoL area dedicated to the DLC fighters (also, fighters like Min Min get their initial Spirit Battle replaced by their awakening battles)
  • Toggle individual hazards
  • Create playlists for each stage

Starting roster now includes:

• Luigi
  • Ness
  • Captain Falcon
  • Jigglypuff
  • Inkling
  • Ridley
  • Simon
  • King K. Rool
  • Isabelle
  • Incineroar
  • Piranha Plant

12 minutes ago, Spookilator said:

Rate my vision for an Ultimate DX (this is brand new content only)

Not gonna lie, The lack of Phoenix Wright hurts it immensely.