Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

I already know I’m setting myself up for inevitable disappointment, but given that Joker was our last character announced at a huge event like this, I’m gonna hold out hope for Sora.

...still know the chances of that are slim to none, but eh If not, Crash, hopefully.

1 hour ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

I do hope its Phoenix Wright and not the Fortnite character that keeps being mentioned...

Couldn't agree more.

I choked on my drink so fucking badly. If this is the trade off for no Sora, I’m okay with this definitely. FF really deserves better. AND we might finally get some good  spirits. Seeing Galeem get murdered and Mario get stabbed is sure...unsettling, but I’m here for it 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

No seriously who is this guy? Looks like yet another sword user designed to appeal to japanese audiences.

Google. 

I'm not into Final Fantasy much but I really enjoy Midgar as a stage and I'm excited for it to have more than two songs.

Spoiler

Inb4 the only song added is the original midi One Winged Angel, not even the remix from the trailer.

...Inb4 we don't even get that and it's still just the two midi battle songs lol.

Just now, mayday2592 said:

Sorry I didn't recognize a character from a series I have absolutely no interest in.

Dude I'm not an RPGer either but come on... how old are you? I guess during my era, everybody knew this game series so even if I never played FF, I was well acquainted with at least the basics of Sephiroth.

That said, whew the Geno fans must be so salty right now... not that Geno didn't get in, but that a different Square Enix rep was able to get in over him. Oh and of course the Sora fans must be 100x worse.

I'm 28, Final Fantasy and similar games just have never appealed to me in the slightest lol. Never bothered looking up anything  related to FF until Cloud's reveal and now.

2 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

Sorry I didn't recognize a character from a series I have absolutely no interest in.

Probably no point beating this dead horse much further than this but the quick catch-up version is that for people who grew up with the Playstation and Final Fantasy VII, he's the most iconic video game villian of their generation.  I know next to nothing about him because I don't care about Final Fantasy and never had a Playstation, but I know that much that he's a huge deal.  So... yeah that's why your original post was met with such surprise.  I actually thought you were just making the old sword-user comment as a joke to be sarcastic about what a huge deal he is, lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm crying so hard about this, what an amazing trailer. 

6 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

You asked a question and got an answer. 

I'm not really a fan of FF7 but this is probably one of the coolest reveals so far next to Terry's and Banjo's to me. I wouldn't have expected another FF character at all given how cheap Square was with putting anything related to Cloud into the game.

Quick question for people who are more in the know about this stuff: I saw Cloud uses an "Omnislash Ver. 5" near the end. Does this mean he's getting some kind of upgrade or is this unique to the Advent Children alt? I don't play him so it's the first time I'm seeing it.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

I'm not really a fan of FF7 but this is probably one of the coolest reveals so far next to Terry's and Banjo's to me. I wouldn't have expected another FF character at all given how cheap Square was with putting anything related to Cloud into the game.

Quick question for people who are more in the know about this stuff: I saw Cloud uses an "Omnislash Ver. 5" near the end. Does this mean he's getting some kind of upgrade or is this unique to the Advent Children alt? I don't play him so it's the first time I'm seeing it.

I think it’s a final smash exclusive to him fighting sephiroth. Just a guess tho

we might be getting another character reveal

That's gotta be the best Smash trailer they've ever done. I feel like I keep saying that with every new reveal, but that was fucking madness. 

I've never even played FF7, but that was great.

ok can we please mii costume geno and be done with it now

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Way Past Cool 1

God oh god, man I loved that reveal! I love that it I called this fighter!

I cannot stress enough how happy I am that we got a new villain and we're getting more Final Fantasy music!!!

So....soo.....HAPPY!