Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Okay, but what exactly do you think Sephiroth is a teaser for @LeviTheGreat? Most Smash trailers don't really tend to be intricately linked.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I’m pretty shocked that Square allowed another final fantasy character to be in Smash, but I’m all for it! It’s certainly given me hope that having another Sonic character isn’t out of the question. Hopefully this means square will stop being assholes and let us have some final fantasy 7 spirits and remixes.

• Thumbs Up 3

16 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Well I’m pretty shocked that Square allowed another final fantasy character to be in Smash, but I’m all for it! It’s certainly given me hope that having another Sonic character isn’t out of the question. Hopefully this means square will stop being assholes and let us have some final fantasy 7 spirits and remixes.

Exactly what @Johnny Boy said not even gonna elebrate any further.

2 minutes ago, LeviTheGreat said:

Exactly what @Johnny Boy said not even gonna elebrate any further.

Wait? Were you talking about there being more music and FF representation thanks to Sephiroth,  cause if so, that is pretty obvious.

So much so that I already covered that earlier. XD

5 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Wait? Were you talking about there being more music and FF representation thanks to Sephiroth,  cause if so, that is pretty obvious.

So much so that I already covered that earlier. XD

I was talking about it opening up the door for a Sega rep.

I posted this on my Twitter, but if the trailers go in a chronological order of sorts, any trailer going forward can’t use Galeem since he’s canonically dead now. Also with that in mind, that leaves Dharkon standing, and seems only fair to find a way to kill that off. After all, as we saw in WoL, only killing one leaves the world fucked. So who are your guesses as hypothetical candidates to take out Dharkon?

19 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I posted this on my Twitter, but if the trailers go in a chronological order of sorts, any trailer going forward can’t use Galeem since he’s canonically dead now. Also with that in mind, that leaves Dharkon standing, and seems only fair to find a way to kill that off. After all, as we saw in WoL, only killing one leaves the world fucked. So who are your guesses as hypothetical candidates to take out Dharkon?

If Sonic gets to randomly pop in to save the Nintendo multiverse at the last second in Brawl, it's only fair that Crash kills Dharkon with a fruit bazooka.

• Chuckle 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Didn't Darkhon already appear in Hero's trailer as the antagonist?

Also, where's the chronological theory come from?

3 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Didn't Darkhon already appear in Hero's trailer as the antagonist?

Also, where's the chronological theory come from?

No, dharkons minions appeared and got defeated by Hero. Dharkon himself was just in the background, but wasn’t killed. The theory is just a hypothesis, though id be really surprised if they pulled out another Galeem trailer character reveal, where he’s up and kicking like nothing happened in regards to Sephiroth. Like, it could happen, but this theory could open some fun speculation at least.

If this whole saga ends on some corny shit like Sora banishes Dharkon... I'll be into it and I don't even actively want Sora.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

7 hours ago, KHCast said:

No, dharkons minions appeared and got defeated by Hero. Dharkon himself was just in the background, but wasn’t killed. The theory is just a hypothesis, though id be really surprised if they pulled out another Galeem trailer character reveal, where he’s up and kicking like nothing happened in regards to Sephiroth. Like, it could happen, but this theory could open some fun speculation at least.

Very well then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16 hours ago, LeviTheGreat said:

I was talking about it opening up the door for a Sega rep.

Oh, well I did mention that too.

On 12/11/2020 at 3:25 PM, Johnny Boy said:

Sonic is definitely not getting another rep.

I ripped that band aid off back when they revealed Shadow as an Assist Trophy over 2 years ago, he's been like that for over 10 years so reason to change that now. Maybe Dr. Eggman could make it in, but I think the "Sega rep" for this Fighter's Pass will taken by the Shin Megami Tensei V's protagonist.

28 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

I ripped that band aid off back when they revealed Shadow as an Assist Trophy over 2 years ago, he's been like that for over 10 years so reason to change that now. Maybe Dr. Eggman could make it in, but I think the "Sega rep" for this Fighter's Pass will taken by the Shin Megami Tensei V's protagonist.

Well, we did just establish that third party villains are on the table; so Eggman isn't impossible now. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I wonder if we’re actually getting the Advent Children version of One Winged Angel in the game. Wouldn’t that make it the first non-game song to get in Smash?

Also, speaking of music, I’m likely setting myself up for disappointment, but here’s my hopes for the music they use

Tracks from FF7R I’m hoping come with Sephiroth:

- One Winged Angel

-Let the Battle Begin

-High Five

-Smash Em, Rip Em

-The Valkyrie

Remixes (lol):

-Stand Up

-Chocobo Theme

-Bombing mission

-Jenova battle

1 hour ago, Detective Kaito said:

1 hour ago, Detective Kaito said:

Maybe Dr. Eggman could make it in

Which is it? Lol.

But yeah, what @Kuzu said.

• Absolutely 1

But for real? How are the chances of another SEGA rep in this game? I think really low to none, they had Sonic added in Brawl, through DLC added Bayonetta in Sm4ash, and Joker in FP1 this time. I don't think there will be more, sadly, I want Eggman/Shadow/Tails/Knuckles, one of them in order of wish, but I don't think it's happening, they are very popoular and very requested, but Sonic isn't popular in Japan/Sakurai isn't a fan of the franchise, yadda yadda...

I'm not sure what is the logic behind Nintendo's choices for this second wave of DLC, other than add variety, they did Min Min to have a new Nintendo character from a fighting game, consider Mario already had his turn with Piranha Plant, Fire Emblem with Byleth, at DLC obviously, if there are more Nintendo reps it may be Gen 8 Pokemon... but I really have no idea who would they pick, and someone from Breath of the Wild + spin-offs (Age of Calamity's Impa? I wish). They added Steve because Minecraft is still very important (I think), it's a classic and Steve was rumored for a long time, probably a long time behind the plan and work, which may mean we probably won't get Fortnite in Smash, since the 2 keep getting compared. 

Then surprise surprise... Sephiroth? Because Final Fantasy has little representation and they couldn't get Sora? The most talked explanations, also someone who was unxepected, and the FFVII remake is still fresh. Also, does this rule out Geno (because of Square)? Not sure.

Crash is definitely definitely in, possibly with the arrival of 4 on Switch?

I sadly have to agree that the final spot may not be who we want, or maybe yes, they could end the character for last for a big surprise? It's not that hard, Byleth was a case they did but it was just Fighter Pass Volume 1, not the last.

Who else do people really want? I heard Doomguy, (again) Fortnite's Jonesy, who else?

I also want a Sonic character, but I really really doubt it, Tails and Knuckles as they brought them back as Miis... so any of those 2 I doubt even more.

The problem with predictions is that outside of a few long standing favorites, the community seems to change who they want/who is most likely every couple of months. Not nearly enough time for the team to plan around and execute on when a character takes at least a year(far more than that in cases like Steve where they have to deal with a ton of legal discussions and rewrite parts of the game's logic.) I expect to hear from Sakurai's column that Sephiroth was popular in the ballot from years prior or something like that. It usually takes years after a character is initially a popular pick for the team to be able to respond. 

i don't like to try and predict these things, but playing the long game makes a little more sense to me than something with a fast turnaround like an Age of calamity character or fortnite. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Absolutely 2

SSMB Game Night’s gonna be hosting extended Smash sessions this week and next week if anyone wants a staging ground for trying out Sephiroth when he drops on the 18th.

Sephiroth being in smash is great, but don't you think Sakurai is stretching the 'one third party character per series rule' by adding him in. What does this mean for other third party franchises like Megaman, Metal Gear Solid and especially Sonic? Would it not be enough to maybe add a second character from those series if maybe Sakurai allows it, or is he making Sephiroth and exception because of the Final Fantasy VII remake?

And no, echo fighters do not count as a second addition.

14 hours ago, Styx_Linoone said:

Sephiroth being in smash is great, but don't you think Sakurai is stretching the 'one third party character per series rule' by adding him in. What does this mean for other third party franchises like Megaman, Metal Gear Solid and especially Sonic? Would it not be enough to maybe add a second character from those series if maybe Sakurai allows it, or is he making Sephiroth and exception because of the Final Fantasy VII remake?

Was this an actual rule that Sakurai stated, or just a fan rule?

'one third party character per series rule'

This does not exist and is something fans made up.

This is just straight up wrong and untrue.

• Thumbs Up 4

I love how a lot of these "Smash rules" that are unwritten are mostly fan hearsay that gets perpetuated to the point of becoming gospel, and yet, even after so many get straight up proven wrong or are directly confirmed by Sakurai as not being true, it doesn't stop more of these asinine things from being widespread.

One of the only Smash rules that has ever been publicly uttered by Sakurai was that they had to originate from a video game franchise first, so no Manga/Cartoon/movie/book characters like Spongebob, Goku, Shrek or Harry Potter.

Also: I for one am very happy with, and very excited about the inclusion of Sephiroth- as he is literally my favorite video game character.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Who are your Mii fighter guesses for tomorrow? I’m guessing Barret and Tifa from FF7, Neku, Geno, Lloyd, and possibly Sora.

I said Lloyd, since, as its been pointed out a few times online, there’s been a pattern with the Namco Mii outfits, where they seem to drop with character related to them. Heihachi a fighter, came with Min Min, a fighter. Gil had a blue sword and came with steve, who has a blue sword(a lot of the Mii characters in that bunch had blue swords.) Lloyd, has a Kitana (I think that’s a kitana) much like Sephiroth.

I seriously doubt Sora will be a costume if KH representation is planned at all.

It'd be really funny to watch the Internet implode over the news but I don't think Nintendo would shell out the licensing fees for Kingdom Hearts to make Sora a costume.

I mostly agree with those, though. Barret and Tifa make a lot of sense, maybe Aerith (I think there's some staff characters that were made as Swordfighter costumes?). I'll be pretty bummed about Geno and Lloyd being costumes but I suppose it is what it is. Hopefully Geno gets a nice upgrade to be more in line with the ones Cuphead and Sans got at least.

• Thumbs Up 2