Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Since Mallow eked in an appearance through a Spirit alongside Geno, it'd be neat if we also got an additional Mario RPG costume. (Possibly a completely different-looking Mallow hat to make the CacoMallow "leak" people go nuts.)

Also, I feel like the one Mii Costume return we can 100% expect to see tomorrow is the Chocobo hat.

Barret makes most sense to me as a costume, he'd fit perfectly for a Mii Gunner outfit with his machine gun.

• Thumbs Up 4

Mii Costumes:

• Barret
  • Aeirth 
  • Tifa
  • Chocobo Hat
  • Geno 

Sephiroth drops December 22nd, but you can buy him starting today and play a special challenge that unlocks him for early use (Yeah, I don't know why they didn't just drop it today and just make the challenge a limited time fun event either instead of the weird unofficial Sephiroth release).

16 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Is it just Sephiroth, or is it the stage and spirits too?

I just did it and it unlocked everything
EpeardBUYAAMRFZ?format=jpg&name=large

Just picked him up myself. Random details:

Songs:

• One Winged Angel
  • Advent: One Winged Angel
  • Opening - Bombing Mission (New Remix)
  • Let the Battles Begin!
  • Those Who Fight (AC Version)
  • Fight On!
  • Those Who Fight Further (AC Version)
  • Aerith's Theme (New Remix)
  • Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (New Remix)
  • JENOVA
  • Cosmo Canyon (New Remix)

You can also use the new FF7 songs on Midgar as well, so it appears they really worked hard to ensure some of their past mistakes with FF representation was fixed. You can't access the DLC Spirit Board yet, though.

• Thumbs Up 3

18 hours ago, KHCast said:

Soooo

Reveal hidden contents

we might not get much music or Mii’s after all

Thankfully that turned out to be bunk.

The reason was because of the special way you unlock Sephiroth!

We're getting more music! And even Smash remixes!!

Also, more costumes to boot.

58 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I just did it and it unlocked everything

So, do the different difficulties unlock different additional rewards?

3 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

No, everything

26 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

I did it on very hard so I'm not completely sure but it doesn't seem to. Just doing it once gets you everything.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I did it on very hard so I'm not completely sure but it doesn't seem to. Just doing it once gets you everything.

Correct - as long as you do it on any difficulty, you unlock everything associated with Sephiroth, barring his DLC spirit board.

There seems to be some confusion over this due to what Sakurai said initially in the video - at first - the development group was considering making it that you had one chance to unlock Sephiroth. You could unlock him at any difficulty, but if you picked Very Hard and failed, then you'd have to wait, but they decided against it in the end, and just decided to make it that you could try the challenge as many times as you want, and as long as you win, you unlock Sephiroth early.

• Thumbs Up 3

26 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I have noticed one difference. Apparently playing on Very Hard as you go up against him while the Advent Children version of One Winged Angel plays instead of the regular version.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

I have noticed one difference. Apparently playing on Very Hard as you go up against him while the Advent Children version of One Winged Angel plays instead of the regular version.

That's a cool tweak. Kind of wished the lower difficulties used Midgar or something.

3 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

They put the whole squad in. 

Looks like this isn't all of them either, given the lack of a legendary and what looks like a second page.

Did the Very Hard version feel a little too easy for anyone else? I don't wanna sound like I'm bragging but I beat him on every difficulty on my first try and considering 50 + games I've played of Smash in Game Night and only winning....once if I recall correctly, I expected to be decimated on Very Hard like I was playing Cruel Smash.

Maybe I got lucky? He seemed to be more interested in jumping around on my Very Hard fight.

This might be an odd question but Cloud never got his classic artwork for his fighter spirit. In fact I think he's the only playable character that doesn't have artwork from his own game/series (correct me if I'm wrong). EDIT: I just looked it up and there's a few others like the Pokemon Trainers (which is a little odd), Wii Fit Trainers, and Robin. Could they have added this into the spirit gallery? I noticed that most of the spirit board character art is from the original FFVII so it'd be pretty awkward for Cloud to still not have that, even if it's pretty minor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since it looks like we got some FF7R spirits (the summons), I wonder if Barret and Tifa can be upgraded to their Remake counterparts as legendaries or something. That’d be cool.

sad about no Remake music, but I’ll take remixes and Advent Children stuff for sure haha

4 hours ago, Kuzu said:

Probably the Turks and Shinra. 

The shinra stairs are probably the legend spirit.

Sephiroth looks really awesome, and I like the stage, new music, and challenge twist they added. Plus his Classic Mode is a Boss Rush, so we sort of got a new mode we wanted in. I'm gonna fight him in a few minutes...

By the way...

I know these videos are jokes, but the math worked for Sephiroth, he took Geno's spot, it kinda fits. It's about predicting the chances of most wanted characters

In short: it calculates various data and statistics from the current roster picks, going by male/female representation, created in west/east (for character negotiations), game genre, return/new series, and decade where they are from.

Currently we have in FP Vol. 2:

Min Min - Female | Fighting game | East | 2010s | New series

Steve & Alex - Both | MMORPG | West | 2010s | New series

From after the video released...

Sephiroth - Male | RPG | East | 1990s | Return series

So we can rule out another female only fighter, but not a "both" type, there can be more hopefully,  from the West there aren't many characters, which makes Crash a bit more unlikely, but I still hope he is in. 

There can be maybe 1 more character from a return series, I'm not sure if another Nintendo rep can get in after Min Min, but it's possible.

The key is not math, it's variety, that's how Nintendo picked the fighters. They already did Mario DLC, FE DLC, so those are out, I think. Pokemon is still a possibility, but there aren't any "most wanted" characters in it. Bandana Dee is also possible because it's from a platformer, which isn't represented yet.

A shooter character seems possible... Doomguy? I'm ruling out Halo because Microsoft already got its rep.

Something the video did not account for, is the publisher... we got 1 Nintendo fighter, 1 from Microsoft, 1 from Square Enix, then ???

FP Vol. 1 had Nintendo, SEGA, Square, SNK, and Microsoft.

Square and MS are out. What other characters are very popular from SNK and SEGA? And what about Capcom? Sony?

Currently we have 2 fighters from new series and 1 from return, would make sense to have 2 more new series maybe and 1 returning. One more from west is sketchy but I hope so (Crash).

About SEGA... Arle, Eggman, Shadow, these are not Mii costumes so they aren't 100% ruled out (for now), and a new SEGA character is possible, even more possible from a returning series, Sonic, which is already barely represented, meanwhile Arle is very popular in Japan, so it's possible, although another Jap female character is doubtful after Min Min. So it could be a toss up between the 2 very popular Eggman and Shadow, one could be an upgraded Sonic who is very simple to play as, the other fits in the "shooter" category moveset but also as a platformer genre. Eggman is perfect, the only doubt to me comes from Sephiroth, who is already a villain from a returning 3rd party series. I don't know...

Also, we have yet to have a protagonist in FP2, Min Min is just one of the fighters in Arms, Steve/Alex are the main faces but still not actual protagonists, Sephiroth is a villain, so Crash? It's perfect.

Also Ryu from Ninja Gaiden... idk, he fights with a long sword, and that's exactly what Sephiroth does. Same for Steve, no more swordsmen, which also rules out Lloyd.

Who else can be from an RPG series? Pokemon? Paper Mario... Nope, already represented in DLC. Pokemon is more likely, and SwSh is still recent. But also there are too many cartoony characters this way.

I'm saying...

Dr. Eggman - Male | Platformer | East | 1990s | Return Series (villain, SEGA)

Crash Bandicoot - Male | Platformer | West | 1990s | New series (protagonist, Activision)

(It's also possible Crash/Coco is a "both" gender)

At least one of them could be in.

then there could be, according to variet/stats:

??? - Both | RPG | East | 2000s | New series

So who does fit here?

You know, I want Crash and I want Spyro, but if only one of them gets in, it will feel weird. Like video game with 3 of Ninja Turtles.

Then I would prefer Rayman. Those 3 are basically last characters I want and think have any chances.

Here's a better look at the FF Smash spirits that were found so far.

Of course the Aerith one is at a flipping pool.

• Thumbs Up 1