Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Had watched the Great Pretender Anime and honestly one line stood out to me that really makes me think of Smash leaks. Telling people what they want to hear and letting their imaginations fill in all the blanks to make it feel true lol. If that wasn't what it feels like when people blindly believe in the leaks they want to be real, I don't know what is.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, FFWF said:

As for a Sword/Shield Pokemon, it seems to be widely expected, but nobody can really agree on which Pokemon it would be.  There isn't really an unambiguous breakout character from this generation - though that doesn't really matter, given how Sakurai handled Incineroar.

The one I usually hear people mention is Urshifu which I suppose would be fitting. Was thinking Rillaboom would be another "makes sense" sort of thing to complement Incineroar and Greninja to complete the starter type trio but you could probably even have Zarude so they're basically the "Dark-type trio" or whatever and still have the solo Grass, Fire, Water types.

Personally I'd love Sirfetch'd because I live on swordfighter salt.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Zaysho said:

The one I usually hear people mention is Urshifu which I suppose would be fitting. Was thinking Rillaboom would be another "makes sense" sort of thing to complement Incineroar and Greninja to complete the starter type trio but you could probably even have Zarude so they're basically the "Dark-type trio" or whatever and still have the solo Grass, Fire, Water types.

Personally I'd love Sirfetch'd because I live on swordfighter salt.

Urshifu seems like a good fit as a fighter, I'm just not sure if anyone's that hyped by the idea of it as a pick.  Honestly, I'd far prefer something non-standard; Sirfetch'd seems like a far more interesting choice than a lot of the more obvious candidates!

You know I just had an idea for a character reveal trailer that will break another fan rule: assist trophies can’t be fighters.

It starts like this:

A smash invitation starts to fall from the sky. Various assist characters like Krystal, Spring Man, Alucard, and Doctor Wily start to battle for it. In the distance we see Waluigi grinning, seeing that his chance to be in Smash has finally come. He jumps into the fray and defeats every character in his path.When he’s done he leaps into the air and reaches for the invite. This is it! He’s finally gonna be a fighter!

“CHAOS CONTROL!”

Waluigi is frozen in midair, only being able to move his eyes in confusion. Suddenly Shadow teleports behind him and kicks him in the back of the head, launching him into the distance until you see a team rocket style *ding*. 

The invitation falls in Shadows hand.

SHADOW BRINGS THE EDGE!

6 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

You know I just had an idea for a character reveal trailer that will break another fan rule: assist trophies can’t be fighters.

It starts like this:

A smash invitation starts to fall from the sky. Various assist characters like Krystal, Spring Man, Alucard, and Doctor Wily start to battle for it. In the distance we see Waluigi grinning, seeing that his chance to be in Smash has finally come. He jumps into the fray and defeats every character in his path.When he’s done he leaps into the air and reaches for the invite. This is it! He’s finally gonna be a fighter!

“CHAOS CONTROL!”

Waluigi is frozen in midair, only being able to move his eyes in confusion. Suddenly Shadow teleports behind him and kicks him in the back of the head, launching him into the distance until you see a team rocket style *ding*. 

The invitation falls in Shadows hand.

SHADOW BRINGS THE EDGE!

My favourite thing about this idea is how, actually, changing absolutely nothing except for swapping the characters, it would be the perfect reveal trailer for playable Waluigi.

• Thumbs Up 2

When do you see the next fighter being revealed and released? I see late January to early or mid-February for the reveal, and March for the release window.

On 1/1/2021 at 7:36 PM, JezMM said:

My favourite thing about this idea is how, actually, changing absolutely nothing except for swapping the characters, it would be the perfect reveal trailer for playable Waluigi.

The idea is quite fun tbh, in both cases, and I agree that nothing would change with swapping characters, the biggest thing is that the salt would still be 100% same.

18 hours ago, Jingilator said:

When do you see the next fighter being revealed and released? I see late January to early or mid-February for the reveal, and March for the release window.

So we have three more fighters, and this is when I predict we'll get them revealed:

March/April

July/August

November/December

On 1/3/2021 at 8:56 PM, Angyu said:

So we have three more fighters, and this is when I predict we'll get them revealed:

March/April

July/August

November/December

More like, I think they will get revealed by E3, one in March and 2 at E3 similar to 2 years ago with Hero and Banjo. Then they will release all by October or November. IF there is an E3 Online but probably yes.

Spoiler
  • Fury Bowser
    • Type: Neutral
    • Class: ★★★★
    • Slots: ⬡⬡⬡
    • Effect: Giant
  • Opponent: Giant Metal Bowser (black)
    • Ally: Bowser Jr.
    • Conditions:
      • You lose if your CPU ally is K.O.'d
      • The enemy has super armor but moves slowly
      • The enemy will suddenly have a Final Smash
    • Stage: New Pork City
    • Music: The Great Tower Showdown 2

• Cat Princess Peach
    • Type: Shield
    • Class: ★★★
    • Effect: Weight -
  • Opponent: Peach (default)
    • Conditions:
      • The enemy loves to jump
      • Only Meowth appears from Poke Balls
    • Stage: Golden Plains
    • Music: Champion Road

• Cat Mario
    • Type: Attack
    • Class: ★★
    • Slots: ⬡⬡
    • Effect: Enhanceable at Lv. 99
  • Opponent: Mario (default)
    • Minion: Incineroaor (yellow)
    • Conditions:
      • Reinforcements appear after the enemy is defeated
      • The enemy (Incineroar) loves to jump
    • Stage: 3D Land
    • Music: Super Bell Hill
Spoiler

Enhances to...

• Giga Cat Mario
    • Type: Attack
    • Class: ★★★★
    • Effect: Giant Killer
  • Giga Bell
    • Type: Support (Attack type)
    • Class: ★★★
    • Slots: 
    • Effect: Giant Killer
  • Opponent: Giant Gold  Incineroaor (yellow)

NOTE: Cat Peach has a Spirit in the base game, but it's summon-only.

The reason I gave it a Spirit Battle is because Ribbon Girl and Ninjara, who were also previously summon-only Spirits, appeared as proper battles on Min Min's Spirit Board.

1 hour ago, dbzfan7 said:

Not gonna lie, read that as Bowser's Furry Event.

Didn’t you know? He’s doing a panel at AnthroCon next year.

33 minutes ago, Piko said:

Didn’t you know? He’s doing a panel at AnthroCon next year.

As if the attendees didn't have enough trouble keeping it in their pants...

14 hours ago, Jingilator said:

Here's some interesting recent insight I came across regarding the next fighter:

Damn I don't remember the gap between Byleth and Min Min being so huge. x_x

I’d hope it’s real just for the reaction alone lol. The flagship Microsoft franchise getting in Smash via a Mii outfit out of the 3 super speculated Xbox IP’s is just funny to think about haha. 

• Chuckle 1

I've always found wanting stuff just for the salt to be kind of petty honestly. And not in the good way.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

I've always found wanting stuff just for the salt to be kind of petty honestly. And not in the good way.

Ok cool. Never said salt firstly was the reaction I was referring to, and secondly, I said it’d to me just be funny for chief to be a Mii outfit.

On 12/3/2020 at 7:58 PM, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:
On 12/3/2020 at 7:55 PM, Zaysho said:

most likely candidates I see them going to are Tails or Amy

Not Eggman? A villain rep could be an interesting addition if they went there. 

I love how well my inkling of villain representation aged.

• Chuckle 1

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but Sonic will never get another rep in Smash, at least not Ultimate.

Sonic has been a mainstay in the series since Brawl, and they had the perfect opportunity to add Shadow as an echo but decided not to. Why would they now of all times randomly decide to add Eggman as a playable fighter? Nobody in Japan cares about Sonic, and the series is considered a joke in the rest of the world because it can't maintain a consistent level of quality, so who would seriously be excited for a series like that outside of the fans?

Sorry if I'm being negative, but if they wanted to add another Sonic character, they would've done it back in Smash 4.

17 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but Sonic will never get another rep in Smash, at least not Ultimate.

You literally stated weeks ago that Eggman might have a shot of getting in. :U

I dunno man, you seem to flip flop a lot on these.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

You literally stated weeks ago that Eggman might have a shot of getting in. :U

I dunno man, you seem to flip flop a lot on these.

Yeah I thought about it for a while and it just doesn't sound reasonable to me anymore, I was probably caught up in the Sephiroth hype. lol