Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

1 hour ago, Remy said:

Smash characters have kinda always had gimmicks, it's just now all the basic gimmicks have been used so they've been getting wilder and wilder. 

It seems like more of an obnoxious handicap than an actual gimmick

It shouldn't come from just damage though maybe like if you take too much damage while charging down special kinda like Ridley

Yeeeeeeeaaah! I mean, the rest of the direct just doesn’t even matter anymore haha.

Xenoblade was defo deserving of another inclusion. As a huge fan of 2 this makes me very happy indeed.

MEH

Okay, Xenoblade is still on my "to do" list, Maybe it's best thing ever, who knows.

But I really don't feel like 1st party character are worth having their own DLC. And at least Arms didn't had representative yet, so Min Min was understandable. But this is almost as bad as Byleth.

The problem with Blyeth though was he/she came after an overabundance of Fire Emblem Characters. 

Xenoblade has only had one representative, so it’s fitting that we get one from the second sequel. 

At least with Pyra/Mythra we will have a return of the mid fight change dynamic move that’s been missing from Zelda/Shiek since Smash 4.

• Thumbs Up 2

Meh. This is almost as bad as the overabundance of gun users in PS All Stars. Did no one look at this pack and say, "Hey We're really overdoing it with these jrpg sword users,  lets choose someone with wider appeal."

I don’t even play XC2, and this had me happy for Sakurai since he really wanted a XC2 Rep. don’t really care much about the “anime sword fighters” thing personally. As long as they bring unique shit to the table, I’m good. Pretty fitting we got a Nintendo character with the return of a proper Nintendo direct lol. 

• Thumbs Up 2

43 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

But this is almost as bad as Byleth.

Oh god no. A series that had literally only one rep is not equal to a series with the overabundance and homogenous gameplay of the Fire Emblem representation in this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think even at it's most generous interpretation, having three sword-users in a row (Steve technically uses a sword) should've at least prompted some consideration about reshuffling the roster's development periods and release dates.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I literally keep forgetting steve has a sword. Do people genuinely consider him a predominately sword based user? 

I keep forgetting he's in the game in general, I just think it's funny to mention that he's still technically a sword user. That's obviously not his main gimmick, compared to other sword-users, so that's more a joke than anything.

But still, even barring that - they were pushing it when Byleth dropped, and Seph/technically Steve (but not really)/Pyra is just pushing it. I legitimately believe the lineup should've been reshuffled.

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I keep forgetting he's in the game in general,

You and most people online, both in and and out of the game. lol

HOLY MOTHER OF ALL THINGS BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL MY GIRLS ARE IN SMASH

I am so happy right now, they've finally added a character that I legitimately loved and wanted in the game... I would've liked Rex too but he's still part of the Final Smash and (I think) taunts, so YES

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree with Papagenos that this pass feels like it’s mostly putting in stuff that almost made it into the game during base or pass 1 lol. Min Min to give us a Arms rep, Steve cause leaks suggest they were initially trying to get them in base, Sephiroth to give us more FF7 content that was sorely missing, and Pyra/Mythra to give us a more XC2 content, especially since Sakurai really wanted a XC2 character in base.

If this pattern continued and we got another sonic rep, that’d be pretty cool 

tempering my expectations for characters like Crash, Ryu Hayabusa, Sora and Master Chief now with just 2 characters left. Definitely not expecting something like RE unfortunately anymore *sigh*

• Thumbs Up 1

So, Pyra and Mythra got the Pokemon Trainer treatment in terms of numbering. They're Fighters Number 79 and 80, but they only take up one dlc slot.

• Thumbs Up 4

12 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I literally keep forgetting steve has a sword. Do people genuinely consider him a predominately sword based user? 

He only uses it for 2 attacks

I think what's most depressing is the ever-lingering idea that one of the very last two character slots is gonna be a Sword and Shield Pokemon.

• Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I think even at it's most generous interpretation, having three sword-users in a row (Steve technically uses a sword) should've at least prompted some consideration about reshuffling the roster's development periods and release dates.

This is beyond parody

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I think what's most depressing is the ever-lingering idea that one of the very last two character slots is gonna be a Sword and Shield Pokemon.

At this rate it's gonna be Sirfetch'd.

I've got nothing against Xenoblade in itself but man I am so tired of sword fighters.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

This is beyond parody

It's almost like I already said it was a joke.

28 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I keep forgetting he's in the game in general, I just think it's funny to mention that he's still technically a sword user. That's obviously not his main gimmick, compared to other sword-users, so that's more a joke than anything.

But still, even barring that - they were pushing it when Byleth dropped, and Seph/technically Steve (but not really)/Pyra is just pushing it. I legitimately believe the lineup should've been reshuffled.

The point I'm making is out of the last five characters, three of which have been sword users (Byleth, Sephiroth, and now Pyra), along with Min - who was already somewhat meh following Byleth in a game where an overabundance of sword-users have become a regular meme, so yes - I absolutely think it would've been worth reshuffling where they placed characters. I don't see how having the opinion of "maybe shuffling around the sword users a bit" is beyond parody.

13 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Meh, I could care less at this point. At least it won’t be another fire emblem character. I’m still holding out hope for Eggman though.

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It's almost like I already said it was a joke.

The point I'm making is out of the last five characters, three of which have been sword users (Byleth, Sephiroth, and now Pyra), along with Min - who was already somewhat meh following Byleth in a game where an overabundance of sword-users have become a regular meme, so yes - I absolutely think it would've been worth reshuffling where they placed characters. I don't see how having the opinion of "maybe shuffling around the sword users a bit" is beyond parody.

A lot of video game characters use swords