Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

The Deadly Six had a group trophy last game, that's probably what you're thinking of.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the Zavok stage in Classic mode.  So yeah... those looking for Deadly Six representation, there it is lol.  Just not in Spirit form.

You know I just realized, now that Advent Children music got into Smash, the doors are now open for potentially other films based on games to get music in. Stuff like the Pokemon movies come to mind. Was just watching the Pokemon Rangers movie earlier, and man, it made me realize how some of the songs from these films would be badass to hear in Smash

Hearing some of this good shit remixed in Smash would be more than enough of a reason as far as I’m concerned to add in another Pokemon rep lol

I wouldn't automatically say the doors are open, it's notable that all the Advent Children tracks were directly remixes of music that originated from Final Fantasy 7 rather than original songs.

If anything, to my memory, the only time Smash has ever featured original music from a non-video game entry in a series, was when they included the two versions of Ai No Uta in Brawl for the Pikmin stage (and hey that French version was really nice, it's a shame it was so short).

• Thumbs Up 2

I do say potentially in that statement as well since we currently don’t know how Nintendo are operating in regards to stuff like this. There could be a lot of factors at play there, maybe only remixes are allowed (which I’d still say could open the door depending on the film and song), maybe those remixes were cheaper or just more iconic, maybe Square Enix specifically asked for those ones, etc., but end of the day, AC, a movie, is still being referenced in multiple different ways, so I’d assume that means the possibility at all, for something similar like that happening again is there, especially if we’re talking nintendo specific franchises. Still, it’s all in the realm of hypothetical, and if I’m being totally realistic, pretty doubtful they’d go far with it. Still, it is a nice thought, since there’s certainly a lot of awesome music that I’d love to see acknowledged from those soundtracks. 

I doubt there was a rule against films specifically before. The only limiting factor for Smash music seems to be how much legal red tape is involved, and film soundtracks are their own can of worms in that regard. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of fun and hilarious trivia:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

• 3 weeks later...

I love this game so much. Not only does this have a returning Wolf and Sonic, but it has King K. Rool, one of my favorite characters of all time, and Banjo-Kazooie as DLC! I wonder what the last two DLC characters may be? I do hope one of them is Crash, or Eggman, now that Sephiroth, who is a villain, has made it into Smash.

• Thumbs Up 1

You guys think we’ll get a character reveal at E3? And if so, who are you thinking it might be? Or moreso, who do you personally want revealed?

29 minutes ago, KHCast said:

You guys think we’ll get a character reveal at E3? And if so, who are you thinking it might be? Or moreso, who do you personally want revealed?

Crash Bandicoot for me, honestly.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

I'm almost certain, since this pass was supposed to go through two E3's.

I'm definitely hoping for Crash there, but I'm gonna keep my expectations low.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/27/2021 at 3:18 AM, KHCast said:

Crash Bandicoot. Guys, in SSBU I'm interested in mastering Bowser. It seems to me that it is much deeper and more interesting than it seems at first glance. Where would you suggest reading more info about him?

I'd argue Melee especially probably grew more international awareness of a lot of Nintendo things thanks to the trophy gallery. And Fire Emblem's international success is in large part due to the awareness Melee brought. I imagine if the game had an extra year in the oven he would've had more time to develop her if he really wanted to.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 5/24/2021 at 11:49 PM, CrystalMaelStorm said:

I love this game so much. Not only does this have a returning Wolf and Sonic, but it has King K. Rool, one of my favorite characters of all time, and Banjo-Kazooie as DLC! I wonder what the last two DLC characters may be? I do hope one of them is Crash, or Eggman, now that Sephiroth, who is a villain, has made it into Smash.

I love King K. Rool too and glad to have him back! 

Crash Bandicoot. Guys, in SSBU I'm interested in mastering Bowser. It seems to me that it is much deeper and more interesting than it seems at first glance. Where would you suggest reading more info about him?

I'm also interested in this character. In fact, prior to Super Smash Bros. Bowser had only one main entertainment - kidnap Princess Peach and wait for the fight with the savior Mario=)) Here I've read guide about him on how to perform combos and special moves. Maybe it will be helpfull for you at this stage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Purely hypothetical, but I think it'd be hilarious if Sora just so happens to be the last DLC character, which would bring the overall total DLC character count to:

1. Piranha Plant
  2. Joker
  3. Hero
  4. Banjo & Kazooie
  5. Terry
  6. Byleth
  7. Min Min
  8. Steve
  9. Sephiroth
  10. Pyra
  11. Mythra
  12. Whoever CP10 is
  13. Sora

Notice how Sora is the thirteenth character listed? Again, this is purely hypothetical and I don't believe it has any bearing on his chances. I just figured it'd be funny for how perfectly it would line up, intentional or not.

• Chuckle 1

Man, seeing stuff like this makes me annoyed Sonic didn’t really get any interesting alts, like Joker and Bayonetta, the other Sega Reps in Smash. Strange how their flagship franchise didn’t similar treatment to those two 

Sooo...what's your bet for CP10, assuming they're revealed at E3? My hopes are currently placed on Cash Banooca. I'll be pleasantly surprised if CP11 is revealed there as well (especially if it's Sora), but I don't necessarily expect it.

Crash and Monster Hunter, if I were a betting man.

I probably shouldn't be though, since I've gotten almost every character wrong so far. We'll see!

I’m guessing Crash/Chief honestly. It’s generic as a choice, but there’s reason to guess at both. Microsoft’s strong relationship with Nintendo, those rumors of the MCC coming to Switch, the fact Microsoft seems to always get a E3 character reveal, if Steve was indeed pushed back due to the pandemic. And crash, just because he’s such a dream pick and having one of the final “rival” platform mascots just seems too good to pass up.

That all said, I deep down despite knowing better, still and kinda hoping Sora shows up, but I’ve realistically acknowledged it likely ain’t happening. But man, peoples reactions to that reveal would certainly be all over the place. 

and if Capcom is getting possibly a rep, I still hope it’s either a RE rep like Carlos, Ada, Jill or Leon or even nemesis (really anyone but Ethan), or Dante. Really, Devil May Cry getting in would be pretty hype (as would RE).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/3/2021 at 9:37 PM, KHCast said:

Man, seeing stuff like this makes me annoyed Sonic didn’t really get any interesting alts, like Joker and Bayonetta, the other Sega Reps in Smash. Strange how their flagship franchise didn’t similar treatment to those two 

In fairness, Brawl-era didn't have the more integrate costumes that 4 and Ultimate received. I could see them just wanting to keep Sonic's colours for the sake of consistency.

Not that I don't agree with you, the fact Sonic just gets bare-minimum recolours is lame as hell. It's weird to me they didn't even get creative with the recolours and do something like Darkspine Sonic. 

• Absolutely 1

The pass ended in March, idk what you guys are talking about

Honestly this pass has been completely unpredictable to me. Even if I hadn't gotten what I wanted I think I still liked it better than the first pass and that had Banjo. I think in some ways they could pull of a surprise like Sora to end the whole thing, but I feel like he's going to come with a big asterisk in a similar way Cloud did because of Disney. We know Burton didn't reprise Cloud in Smash 4 because of the non-union status of the project, but it struck me as odd they wouldn't have just taken stock audio for him like they did with Sonic so I assume there's some clause about not recycling his work either. It wouldn't surprise me if this happens with Osment so he just goes undubbed. I could see the KH OCs being spirits (Kairi, Riku, Organization, etc.) but not Donald and Goofy and at most the Kingdom Key will either stay or they'll make a "Smash Key" and only show the Kingdom Key turning into it in the trailer.

In some ways I just want to see what they'd be allowed to do if they got him even though I'm not really invested in the character at all, because the English side makes me think there's a barrier and that was sort of reinforced with Sephiroth (though that may also have been because Cloud was already in Japanese for consistency). Then again, I thought Sugiyama being stingy about his music was a barrier too and that worked out (well, sort of).

That and watching Smashers have meltdowns moving the goalposts on their shitty "anime sword" argument would be hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think we just need to expect the unexpected with this really.

I know what I want, which reflects most peoples sentiments above - but I am intrigued as to how Sakuri will ultimately troll expectations with either an out there fighter that no one would have thought of... then finish off with another fire emblem character. 

Either way I agree that overall this has still been a better pass than the first. Whereas Joker and Banjo were personally only of interest to me in Pass One, the others felt either generic or held no value in nostalgia. This time around whilst I've been really happy to have Sephiroth and the Blade girls included, Min Min and Steve went from me feeling "meh" on announcement to discovering that they are surprisingly good fun to mess around with.

So yeah, whilst I would like Paper Mario, Toad/Toadette, Sora, Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon - I'm totally expecting a Goomba or Charging Chuck instead... and probably another Pokemon thrown in for good measure.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Son-icka said:

I think we just need to expect the unexpected with this really.

Which is why it's good to hope for characters like Phoenix Wright at this stage of the game.

• Thumbs Up 1