Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

I'm totally expecting a Goomba or Charging Chuck instead...

I don't think Sakurai will get the chance at a troll at the end of the pass even if he wanted to. He explicitly stated it's Nintendo's final call over whose gets in (hence the too many FE thing) and why I've an inch its gonna be a "another Pokemon for good measure".

Frankly I feel the executive control over characters will override any potential for a real "save-the-best-for-last" kind of character, as they probably given the Smash team characters to make in a specific order, not in any given order they'd like for each one. (Unless the last character of which just so happens to be the most complex gimmicky fighter of them all)

1 minute ago, Supah Berry said:

Frankly I feel the executive control over characters will override any potential for a real "save-the-best-for-last" kind of character, as they probably given the Smash team characters to make in a specific order, not in any given order they'd like for each one. (Unless the last character of which just so happens to be the most complex gimmicky fighter of them all)

Let's be honest, the whole "best for last" thing has always been a manner of perspective. What may seem the bet to end off to someone from the biggest executive to the smallest consumer can range so far and wide (and no, just because it's the one with the apparent loudest speakers doesn't mean it'll appeal the most across the board), that trying to predict who it'll be based strictly off of whose popular at the moment just about never works.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Which is why it's good to hope for characters like Phoenix Wright at this stage of the game.

Yup exactly. Heck, I’d take Layton, Shantae, Midna or Eggman at this point. 

So who do we think is getting announced. NOT WANT, but THINK. Predictions can be fun to see if anyone gets it.

For me my predictions are a POKEMON rep cause I'm expecting some kinda disappointment somewhere. I dunno I'm kinda pessimistic like that.

My other guess is Crash Bandicoot as I'm pretty sure he's the last big platforming mascot we haven't had. We got a Microsoft/Nintendo in Banjo, but I do think they would want to complete the platform mascot set with Crash. I recently played his original games on the Remake so I don't have a lot of interest but wouldn't be against him either. Still feel he is likely to be one of the final picks.

ngl, even tho I know it’d disappoint a LOT of people, even tho id laugh, it would genuinely be a neat idea if the next character were the Botw Champions in a 4-in-1 style like Pokemon Trainer. Guess we’ll see in a few hours.

5 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

So who do we think is getting announced. NOT WANT, but THINK. Predictions can be fun to see if anyone gets it.

For me my predictions are a POKEMON rep cause I'm expecting some kinda disappointment somewhere. I dunno I'm kinda pessimistic like that.

My other guess is Crash Bandicoot as I'm pretty sure he's the last big platforming mascot we haven't had. We got a Microsoft/Nintendo in Banjo, but I do think they would want to complete the platform mascot set with Crash. I recently played his original games on the Remake so I don't have a lot of interest but wouldn't be against him either. Still feel he is likely to be one of the final picks.

I honestly, can't think of any reason to lean toward anyone in particular, so how about a short list of "things that make sense to me," instead?

• A Gen 8 Pokemon, because that's the safe, obvious choice.
  • Dr. Eggman, because Sephiroth happened.
  • A BotW/BotW2 character, because cross promotion's a hell of a drug.
  • Crash, because there aren't a huge number of super iconic characters left to use, and he's one of the few I can think of that seems fitting.  Bonus points if he has Coco alts.

I think it's gonna be a first party first, then a big third party.

First party is Botw (Impa or a champion) or a Pokemon trainer from Gen 8, I would love both honestly, it makes sense to add these because they are popular Nintendo games with new releases, I don't think there is any kind of Sword/Shield representation and a new trainer would include more characters, so that's what I would prefer.

Third Party is something of a hot topic, I predict either Crash & Coco as skins of each other, or a Monster Hunter character, as it was planned, both are very popular.

I don't think Eggman is in, it's a very specific request just because they added Sephiroth, it doesn't make much sense on why they would add Eggman, he's very requested but only as of recent.

And yeah, safe to say they are ending the DLC today with a double major reveal.

This may be less of a prediction, given how much of a long shot they are.

I would say Amy Rose, because a pink hammer-wielding female  sounds fun to play as in Smash and would be a Piranha Plant-type of unexpected. 

Spyro, because a fire-breathing dragon would be cool and there aren't too many of those in the game.

Or the Dark Souls...., um I mean that dragon from Super Mario Odyssey even if it might not work from his size but given Ridley is in the game, it might not be completely impossible. 

But yeah, that's my potential prediction 😋

I could see Master Chief being added. He's certainly a hype choice as the official mascot of Microsoft. Could see plenty of iconic battles coming his way with Sonic, Mario, Cloud & Snake (fellow super soldiers), gun matches with Bayonetta, ultimate fights with Ryu, and a blasting battle with Mega Man.

Oh...and cap it off with Phoenix Wright for the closer please.

Well look who dropped in

Neat, I guess? MK's Scorpion would be my choice over him, but oh well. Kinda sad they didn't include Jin as alternative costume.

I wanted to be surprised, and I was lol. I’m fine with it, tho I know Smash twitter is probably seething at no Crash yet 

I can't help but laugh as well as can't wait for how much Kazuya dropping characters in the volcano is gonna be memed.

• Promotion 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

I'm fine enough with Kazuya. Namco doesn't have many reps and Tekken is a shockingly underepped series in Smash, considering Namco's helped develop it. I still would've preferred Crash, Eggman, or Sora - but Tekken is such a big series that hasn't gotten in here before beyond costumes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Meh, just annoyed it seems like there totally ignoring western gaming when it comes to choosing reps.

3 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

Meh, just annoyed it seems like there totally ignoring western gaming when it comes to choosing reps.

That's a fair point. With exception to Steve, Fighter Pass 2 has been made up of all Japanese characters.

6 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

Steve.

K. Rool.

Banjo.

If it was some western rep you didn't care about you'd be complaining that it's the "wrong" one. Like, fuck's sake. Sorry Japanese developed game doesn't account for your tastes specifically.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Steve.

K. Rool.

Banjo.

If it was some western rep you didn't care about you'd be complaining that it's the "wrong" one. Like, fuck's sake.

Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty certain he was referring to the FP representation of Western characters, which so far has only been made up of Banjo and Steve between both packs. Taking into account the slots, it's currently sitting at 8 Japanese Franchise reps to 2 Western Franchise reps.

--------------------------

Also - wasn't Kazuya a DLC costume for the Miis? Because if so, that probably deconfirms the whole "Mii costumes can't be fighters".

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty certain he was referring to the FP representation of Western characters, which so far has only been made up of Banjo and Steve between both packs. 

--------------------------

Also - wasn't Kazuya a DLC costume for the Miis? Because if so, that probably deconfirms the whole "Mii costumes can't be fighters".

Basically this. There are several western franchises besides someone I really want like Crash that are IMO just as iconic and deserving of getting in such as Doom, Mortal Kombat etc.

11 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

No, that’s Heihachi 

14 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Also - wasn't Kazuya a DLC costume for the Miis?

Nope. That's his dad you're thinking of.

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

No, that’s Heihachi 

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Nope. That's his dad you're thinking of.

Weird, I knew Heihachi had one but I thought there was more than just him.

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Weird, I knew Heihachi had one but I thought there was more than just him.

Nah.

bqijg34l3h651.jpg?auto=webp&s=66b8612ae4

You might be mistaking him for Kazuya since it's younger Heihachi that's used as a costume.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Nah.

bqijg34l3h651.jpg?auto=webp&s=66b8612ae4

You might be mistaking him for Kazuya since it's younger Heihachi that's used as a costume.

Nah, I knew Young Heihachi was in as a costume, again I just thought there was more than one Tekken costume.