Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

they kinda had to neuter him to justify giving him two other options he could swap to. I generally preferred playing as him before but there are a lot of heavyweights in Smash like him so I wasn't too bothered by the change. I think bringing back that fantasy of being the Pokemon trainer and having a variety of options was more important tbh.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Is it a hot take to say I prefer Charizard as a stand-alone like in Sm4sh vs Pokemon Trainer overall? Like I’m still a bit miffed there wasn’t a toggle that allowed for that. Since he was his own character, it feels only fair given the whole “everyone is here” slogan, since in Ultimate he feels a bit neutered.

Here's a potentially hot take: Charizard should've been solo in Brawl and every game after.

Fitting that we use the term "hot take" when talking about Charizard

I wanted Twintelle but expected Min Min since she's always been Yabuki's favorite. If it had to be someone, she was definitely one of the best choices.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

Sonic 30th anniversary Spirit Event.

Huh. SO even Smash is getting in on the fun.

Ngl, it is kinda sad we didn’t get a couple new spirits added, like Classic Sonic, or some of the other side characters like Fang, or Ray or Mighty, but it’s still pretty cool to see it acknowledged even in Smash Ultimate.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Ngl, it is kinda sad we didn’t get a couple new spirits added, like Classic Sonic, or some of the other side characters like Fang, or Ray or Mighty, but it’s still pretty cool to see it acknowledged even in Smash Ultimate.

Since thee were no new Spirits added, this should at least means the idea of a second Sonic rep is still on the table, right?

1 minute ago, Perkilator said:

Since thee were no new Spirits added, this should at least means the idea of a second Sonic rep is still on the table, right?

Yes, the chance is still there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Was hoping upon seeing this news we at the very least got some new spirits to collect. This is like the cheap gift card of acknowledgement lol.

Two anniversaries being celebrated today

Still a bit sad Shadow wasn't an Echo when he seemed like a no-brainer choice

Now I don’t wanna downplay the likelihood Vergeben is being honest about dealing with personal and mental shit, that’s serious and shit...but at the same time Vergeben has backpedaled and made excuses a LOT in the past when he’s gotten something wrong, so idk entirely what to make of this here. It sounds like a lot of deflection regarding his Master Chief claim just hours before Kazuya. I’m not gonna say he’s never had insider info, he likely has, but something feels off with this 

Vergeben has been an absolute terrible person and has lorded his information here and there. And it's really only with Smash that he had something of a track record with cause most other stuff he got hilariously wrong. The back track is strong in this one.

Even if this stuff is legit, I can't blame anyone who doesn't believe him, given his past antics and from him being a dick in general.

Nobody has gotten a character right since the first pass ended. How are you guys still tuned into this shit?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Absolutely 1

Imran Khan leaked out Min Min, and Vergeben got Steve correct. He was off by a year on it, but Steve’s been in development for like 5 years so it’s safe to assume his information regarding Minecraft was reliable. So because of that, Smash speculation regarding leaks hasn’t died out, despite everything outside steve and Min Min being out of left field. It’s weird cause I thought most people wanted to be surprised, yet engage heavily in Smash speculation/leak discussion?

Like it’s one thing to discuss characters you want, sure, but then to try and realistically guess and shoot down others hopes/guesses, just seems to take away the fun. Like, it used to interest me, all this discourse, but it’s gotten old, most rumors are wrong, and sakurai always breaks everyone’s fan rules, so the way in which these people still cling to find ways to deconfirm or prove a “leak” is just old, and boring, and doesn’t really do anything of note at this point.

That said, Verge is a notable name in the Smash fandom, so I figured I’d share his latest blunder since he did cause a big uproar right before Kazuya with regards to Master Chief

18 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Like it’s one thing to discuss characters you want, sure, but then to try and realistically guess and shoot down others hopes/guesses, just seems to take away the fun. Like, it used to interest me, all this discourse, but it’s gotten old, most rumors are wrong, and sakurai always breaks everyone’s fan rules, so the way in which these people still cling to find ways to deconfirm or prove a “leak” is just old, and boring, and doesn’t really do anything of note at this p

This is where I ended up at like 4 years ago. Maybe longer than that

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyway, changing the topic. I was wondering. You guys think Heihachi might be a stage hazard? Given the nature of Tekken and characters operating in a 3D plane, I could see him occasionally moving from the background into the foreground and attacking characters. That’d be an interesting way to integrate the whole 3D mechanic into the stage. 

I'm not sure about that. Feels like they kinda gave up on complex stage hazards ever since covid hit.

• Thumbs Up 1

It’d be disappointing if every stage ended up just having background characters that just stood there, but yeah, so far that’s all it’s been, which is a shame. I’d love to see more interactive stages that have things like hazards. I’m hoping Heihachi is a hazard, but we’ll see Monday.

Speaking of which, the Sakurai presents is confirmed to be 40 minutes long. Wasn’t Terry’s around that length?

Terry was a whopping fifty minutes (well, almost).  I'll watch them at any length, though; Sakurai manages to make them rather more compelling viewing than I would otherwise expect.

I think E.M.M.I. from the upcoming Metroid Dread might be a cool fighter or Assist Trophy in the future, but for the former I wanna play Dread for myself before I have a concrete idea of how E.M.M.I. could play.

Hoping we get a Neo TWEWY spirit event next month. Square has been very generous with allowing Nintendo to do multiple spirit events or their games, so seems very likely that’ll happen. Hopefully it would be for both the original and sequels cast, but these events don’t tend to have a lot of spirit characters

• Thumbs Up 1

I said my guy Dragonborn would get in somehow, feels good to be right on that specific character considering no one was even talking about him lol

Also RE dream still lives in me. It and AA are like the only franchises standing still from Capcom. I mean sure, DMC and MH could still happen but...I’m not exactly confident there 

• Thumbs Up 1