Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

It's a shame that Dante is reduced to a Mii Fighter costume, but that doesn't mean that DMC can't be represented in Smash as there are other potential candidates to consider if the final character is DMC related that is.

Obviously, the first obvious choice would have to be Vergil. Just Mario vs Sonic and Link vs Cloud, now we will be able to recreate the Death Battle of Sephiroth vs Vergil.

Second would be Nero. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he ever appeared as a guest character or cameo in any other gaming franchises like Dante so him debuting in Smash would make up for it. Also, he can be able to do plenty of sword/gunplay as well. Not to mention with his robotic arm ability from DMCV can be used for various smash attacks, status effects and even long range throws/grapples and grab recovery.

Finally, last but definitely not least, a newcomer to the franchise whose gimmick does seem fitting for this game is this guy right here.

Spoiler

Devil May Cry 5 Update Version 1.05 Is Out; What Does It Do?

DMCV's V. Think about it. He would be like Pokemon Trainer on steroids, but while he is on the battlefield summoning his demon companions left and right.

Griffon would be used for aerial recovery and air/range attacks, Shadow would be used for fast strikes, B specials, and Nightmare could be heavy A smashes or even controllable Final Smash that V gets to ride on while the other two dash across the screen attacking everything in sight.

Just tossing my two cents out there.

Throwing Dante out into the mii fighter costume field only to then represent DMC in Smash 5 with someone completely different is way too baffling a move to pull.

• Thumbs Up 2

Only 1 slot left and I REALLY want it to be Tails super badly, but I don't think it will be due to the Mii costume. I learned never say never when it comes to Smash and I'll still hope and pray for him even if those chances are unlikely. He'll always be my number 1 pick.

My secondary choices that probably have more of a chance are Crash Bandicoot who I recently got to know personally as the PS icon and Ryu Hayabusa who I also recently got know with so many crazy abilities and NES old school cred.

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Throwing Dante out into the mii fighter costume field only to then represent DMC in Smash 5 with someone completely different is way too baffling a move to pull.

Even Nintendo I doubt would be this out there. At least with the Heihachi Mii they waited multiple characters into the pass after before a Tekken character got revealed. Now that that bait and switch was made clear just recently, I doubt Nintendo and Sakurai would pull that same trick twice with another Mii costume and game series. Stuff like DMC I think is out for good. Tho hey if I’m wrong, I’ll eat a sock in my stream 

1 hour ago, dbzfan7 said:

I learned never say never...

You literally just did. Twice.

Tails' chances have been flushed because of the Green Hill Zone, and before you say that Knuckles can be summoned on it, no. That was a debug screenshot done by Sakurai.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Tailikku said:

You literally just did. Twice.

Tails' chances have been flushed because of the Green Hill Zone, and before you say that Knuckles can be summoned on it, no. That was a debug screenshot done by Sakurai.

I really hope that first comment is a joke and not missing that what I said is a phrase.

Toon Link is a background character who can be switched out so I don't see that as an end all be all. I do think his chances are still pretty much unlikely for other reasons though. But I doubt there is gonna be any more Sonic characters period anyways just from Sonic's own lack of creative moveset and inclusivity.

So I wonder what the logic is behind the final character. If it's gonna be a hype monster saved for last or "what Nintendo manages to get". The latter? Still, it's the very final character.

• Thumbs Up 1

Vergil would probably never be in Smash before Dante, but It would actually make complete sense to choose Nero. He's essentially the main character of the series now and a much simpler character to control compared to Dante or Vergil. His combos are very simplistic and most of them use one button aside from using Buster as an ender/Devil Breaker to extend. This fits Smash Bros a lot better than Dante, who would basically require every button on the controller and then some.

He's also Itsuno's favorite character in his own words. It would be a pivot on par with choosing Pyra over Rex or Min Min over Spring Man. V's best hope was like, as an assist trophy or something when the game launched.

I still don't really expect it though.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Jack-al said:

So I wonder what the logic is behind the final character. If it's gonna be a hype monster saved for last or "what Nintendo manages to get". The latter? Still, it's the very final character.

Part of me hopes Nintendo aren’t insane enough to repeat Byleth’s reveal, which would probably be worse, given it’s also the final FINAL character of Smash Ultimate’s development.

For the sake of context, they did know better during Smash 4’s development, which is why Bayonetta was the final character of the game - she was the winner of the Smash Ballet, meaning she was very much there due to popular demand from fans. So I’d like to imagine at the very least, Nintendo and Sakurai are wise enough to end with a bang and not a whimper.

On the other hand, I’m still pretty worried that we’ll get the announcement and it ends up being the Gen 8 Pokemon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's some Spirit Events I think would make sense:

• Game Builder Garage
  • Mario Golf: Super Rush
  • NEO The World Ends with You
  • Metroid Dread
  • SMT V
  • Splatoon 3

This is purely taking new releases into consideration.

It is so weird how, more and more I’m seeing big smash youtuber names, going “I’m fine with everyone....well everyone BUT Sora” why is that take gaining a lot of traction? Like there are people are acting like everyone but him deserve a chance, and it’s weird. I don’t even think he’s happening, and there are characters I’m at this point wanting more, but like, the amount of disgust that’ll come out of some people when his name is brought up compared to anyone else is...Well, it’s pretty cringe 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

28 minutes ago, KHCast said:

It is so weird how, more and more I’m seeing big smash youtuber names, going “I’m fine with everyone....well everyone BUT Sora” why is that take gaining a lot of traction? Like there are people are acting like everyone but him deserve a chance, and it’s weird. I don’t even think he’s happening, and there are characters I’m at this point wanting more, but like, the amount of disgust that’ll come out of some people when his name is brought up compared to anyone else is...Well, it’s pretty cringe 

Even then, I think the hate he’d get would still be less than Byleth if he was CP5 instead of them.

54 minutes ago, KHCast said:

9 times out of 10 when a character gets a reaction like this it's because their games weren't on nintendo platforms so they dont get the appeal/how popular they are

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

I'd assume it's probably sword fighter bitching which is kind of amusing because as far as I know that crowd was mad quiet when Sephiroth came out and have been asking for characters like Sora and Dante since Smult came out. That or the western rep crowd is shrieking a little louder lately.

Users on KHInsider say that Sora was refused by Nomura, but I can’t find anything that says that.

One day people are saying disney refusesd, the next it’s that Nintendo said no cause disney was wanting too much, and now it’s that Nomura himself said no???

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, KHCast said:

One day people are saying disney refusesd, the next it’s that Nintendo said no cause disney was wanting too much, and now it’s that Nomura himself said no???

Why do you even care what these people are saying? If you believe Sora will get in, then that's something no one can take away from you.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only remotely credible thing I've heard wrt Sora is Imran Khan implying that Nintendo has basically been trying this whole time, but Disney is being stiff. Square doesn't own Sora and thus wouldn't be involved with the negotiations and Sakurai has said Nomura one of the easier creators to work with, so you can throw that stuff out.

From where I'm standing, it seems like everyone,  from fans to the publishers to the developers, wants it except Disney. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

The only remotely credible thing I've heard wrt Sora is Imran Khan implying that Nintendo has basically been trying this whole time, but Disney is being stiff. Square doesn't own Sora and thus wouldn't be involved with the negotiations and Sakurai has said Nomura one of the easier creators to work with, so you can throw that stuff out.

Hmm. As doubtful as I tend to be of Imran Khan, I could see Disney pulling that crap, especially if word of what went on during KH3 are anything to go by, and if the lack of Nintendo characters in Wreck-It-Ralph 2 may have been an omen of something as well.

3 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Hmm. As doubtful as I tend to be of Imran Khan, I could see Disney pulling that crap, especially if word of what went on during KH3 are anything to go by, and if the lack of Nintendo characters in Wreck-It-Ralph 2 may have been an omen of something as well.

The only reason I'm sharing it is because it's consistent with Disney's behavior. Alongside what you mentioned you have the Battlefront series, Marvel Infinite and Avengers to consider. So many of their modern collaborations have been complete disasters with stuff like Spider-Man PS4 feeling like outliers.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Wraith said:

The only reason I'm sharing it is because it's consistent with Disney's behavior. Alongside what you mentioned you have Marvel Infinite and Avengers to consider. So many of their modern collaborations have been complete disasters with stuff like Spider-Man PS4 feeling like outliers.

Yeah, I don't want to give it the benefit of the doubt, but Disney unfortunately have a history of doing this stuff. I could see it being a legitimate worry of Sora fans regarding Smash.

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Why do you even care what these people are saying? If you believe Sora will get in, then that's something no one can take away from you.

I’m saying it’s stupid how much the story changes. It doesn’t actually effect me just because I express how ridiculous something is 

• Thumbs Up 1

Good news for those who like to collect all the spirits. They finally put in the Sophia and Arthur exclusive spirits into the game. So you don't have to buy Persona 5 Strikers or Ghosts and Goblins to get the spirits. 

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Good news for those who like to collect all the spirits. They finally put in the Sophia and Arthur exclusive spirits into the game. So you don't have to buy Persona 5 Strikers or Ghosts and Goblins to get the spirits. 

Bad news: