Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

I hope Rayman will be the last remaining character. Fighter Pass 2 seems like an excuse and opportunity for Sakurai to bring in characters that were at some point planned to be in SSBU or even SSB for Wii U and 3DS. Wasn't there a rumor that Rayman was planned to be in SSB for Wii U and 3DS, but because of differences they decided to not include him in the game? That explains why Globox and Barbera also had trophies. They planned something big with him. 

It makes sad that people are quick to dismiss Rex as a possibility because of his Mii Costume even though he was only too late for the base game, but then in the same breath think "DLC wasn't planned when this character got that role" is perfectly fine for Assist Trophies.

Well, I got this kinda right.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Tomboyish Mermaid said:

I hope Rayman will be the last remaining character. Fighter Pass 2 seems like an excuse and opportunity for Sakurai to bring in characters that were at some point planned to be in SSBU or even SSB for Wii U and 3DS. Wasn't there a rumor that Rayman was planned to be in SSB for Wii U and 3DS, but because of differences they decided to not include him in the game? That explains why Globox and Barbera also had trophies. They planned something big with him. 

Considering Ubisoft once again have dropped Rayman's value, and because of the spinoffs with a certain plumber... I think it is It's more likely to be the Rabbids taking centre stage as a fighter over Rayman presently. 

I don't think that SHOULD happen, or that it is deserved, but at this stage there are plenty of fighters not in Smash that deserved spots over some of the current inclusions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, these Persona mods for Ultimate are fucking wild. I’m sad Kasumi and Akechi were not in the background for the stage. They had pulled some stuff from Royal already, and come on, it’s Akechi lol, I know he’s referenced via an alt color palette, but still.

Let's say Smash Run came back in a free update, and it had a mix of old enemies and new ones (including enemies from veteran series and Ultimate newcomer series). What enemies would you like to see?

For me, it'd have to be Cactuar for Final Fantasy and the Skeleton and Creeper for Minecraft.

If they could manage to get some Banjo-Kazooie related, I would like to see Buzzbomb, (which they already have a model for in the game) and the Gruntlings. I know, they are pretty basic, but they are the most iconic enemies from B-K. The vegetables from Spiral Mountain would be also a neat idea. 

Some Bandiks from Sonic such as Buzzbomb and Motobug could be also added. Sonic desperately needs more stuff in SSBU. It is one of the worst represented franchises in the game. Even Final Fantasy looks now better since Sephiroth was added.  

So let’s hypothetically say the next smash character WAS another Pokemon trainer esque character, BUT it was one of the gym leaders/champions from the games. Who would you personally want it to be?

I think Cynthia would probably be a fan favorite choice, but I could also imagine them going someone more recent like Nessa, Piers or even Leon. With Piers, that would potentially give us Toxtricity, so I would certainly not mind that

Every day I wish i could fire an imagination beam and make Smash however I want it to be, roster or otherwise.

18 hours ago, KHCast said:

So let’s hypothetically say the next smash character WAS another Pokemon trainer esque character, BUT it was one of the gym leaders/champions from the games. Who would you personally want it to be?

I think Cynthia would probably be a fan favorite choice, but I could also imagine them going someone more recent like Nessa, Piers or even Leon. With Piers, that would potentially give us Toxtricity, so I would certainly not mind that

I actually had a thought about this back during pass 1's cycle where I wanted to see Giovanni. I liked the contrast of him being a villain to the Gen 1 trainer but I sorta struggled coming up with his team beyond Persian and Nidoking/queen (which I considered alts to go with his two outfits) if only because Rhydon and Kangaskhan felt too similar to the Nidos. Probably Honchkrow would be the last choice since it fits his image and he has one in Gen 4.

Cynthia actually would be pretty fitting though. My only thing is that Lucario is one of her key Pokémon after Garchomp that her team would seem weird without him haha. Maybe Togekiss, Roserade and Garchomp would be a nice mix though.

• Thumbs Up 5

I say forget the Pokemon fighting in their place… how about the starter trainers / Gym Leaders actually physically fighting themselves for a change.

THAT, I would be down for 🤣 

As for gym leader, I must have to pick Misty for that. She and Brock are probably the most iconic gym leaders in Pokémon. Mostly thanks to the anime. 

2 hours ago, Tomboyish Mermaid said:

As for gym leader, I must have to pick Misty for that. She and Brock are probably the most iconic gym leaders in Pokémon. Mostly thanks to the anime. 

Username definitely checks out.

On 7/17/2021 at 8:28 AM, Zaysho said:

I actually had a thought about this back during pass 1's cycle where I wanted to see Giovanni. I liked the contrast of him being a villain to the Gen 1 trainer but I sorta struggled coming up with his team beyond Persian and Nidoking/queen (which I considered alts to go with his two outfits) if only because Rhydon and Kangaskhan felt too similar to the Nidos. Probably Honchkrow would be the last choice since it fits his image and he has one in Gen 4.

Cynthia actually would be pretty fitting though. My only thing is that Lucario is one of her key Pokémon after Garchomp that her team would seem weird without him haha. Maybe Togekiss, Roserade and Garchomp would be a nice mix though.

Giovanni would actually be pretty awesome as a villain rep. I had thought about a trailer idea where it was using the anime as the basis for the reveal, and honestly, if it were Giovanni, that would be the perfect way to have Jessie, James, and Meowth somehow show up in the trailer and maybe be the background voices during the gameplay popping off at the moves like other characters sometimes get in previous reveal trailers lol (like Joker’s having the phantom thieves talking during his trailer). Would be especially perfect cause Pikachu would definitely play a role in the trailer and they’d be all surprised seeing it.  

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

Made a stage concept for Planet Wisp: Smash Stage Concept: Planet Wisp - Google Docs

Honestly, we should've gotten this in the Wii U version instead of Windy Hill.

Ehhh. If we were gonna get something over than Windy Hill, would've rather it not be another grassy greens level.

I’m honestly kinda surprised it wasn’t something like City Escape or Rooftop Run considering how you could argue those are at this point just as iconic as Green Hill, just for their respective eras. Having the GUN truck as a stage hazard would have been awesome (or maybe the GUN truck WAS the stage, and it was like a tour stage or something?)

You know, I would've loved to see House of the Dead represented in Smash in some way. Maybe with the Magician as a boss and/or Assist Trophy (maybe both, a la Rathalos)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, apparently, the August 2018 Smash Direct was taken down on Youtube and Nintendo's page. I wonder if this means anything? Why would it be taken down?

Dunno why I didn't mention it sooner, but here's the latest Spirit Event:

3 hours ago, CrystalMaelStorm said:

So, apparently, the August 2018 Smash Direct was taken down on Youtube and Nintendo's page. I wonder if this means anything? Why would it be taken down?

Yeah, that's...odd, to say the least.

5 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

Dunno why I didn't mention it sooner, but here's the latest Spirit Even

Oh, thank god it's not an Ace Attorney one!

• Thumbs Up 1

That was a very entertaining interview, with some cool bits of information. Unfortunately, I know there’ll be people that look into some of the things he says here as “evidence” for certain characters or whatever. Still, I enjoyed it. Loved the ghost question lol.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

That was a very entertaining interview, with some cool bits of information. Unfortunately, I know there’ll be people that look into some of the things he says here as “evidence” for certain characters or whatever. Still, I enjoyed it. Loved the ghost question lol.

Despite him saying he doesn't talk about a lot of games literally because of this...

It's sad.

Aw man, I feel really bad that they misinterpret the "Never ask me for anything ever again" meme - they seem to miss that it is used affectionately in moments where Sakurai has done something that everyone wanted and yet still exceeded expectations for the game, with the "joke" of the meme coming from the fact that it would be an incredibly out-of-character thing for Sakurai to say, since everyone knows him as being affectionate, kind and understanding towards the fanbase.

Still, fantastic interview, I look forward to the next part.

• Thumbs Up 2