Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

New Song added on the Smash Bros. Blog

Mega Man 4 Medley
Arranged by Jun Senoue

I'm already liking the sound to this, especially since I don't hear much takes on stuff past the 3rd MM.

Interesting seeing Jun Senoue do this one. REALLY makes me hopeful some actual Sonic Remixes come to Smash Ultimate.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 2

63_1.jpg

In other news, here's a new assist trophy! Alolan Raichu!

He rides his tail and rushes the enemy. Since he moves freely around the stage, Alolan Racihu may be a bit difficult to dodge.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

32 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

63_1.jpg

I'm so happy my favorite Pokemon is finally getting his time in the spotlight this gen. I don't even mind that he's not playable!

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Pokeball Pokemon.

The proper term is Pokeball Pokemon. Not an Assist Trophy. Hell, they predate Assist Trophies. PLEASE use the correct terms.

I know this isn't that big of a deal but it annoys the hell out of me.

• Promotion 1

Thinking that Daisy's amiibo would be releasing alongside the game in December like Inkling and Ridley? CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT!

Him and Ridley will ABSOLUTELY be on my radar this Christmas.

• Thumbs Up 3

58 minutes ago, Mr. Mystery CC14 said:

Thinking that Daisy's amiibo would be releasing alongside the game in December like Inkling and Ridley? CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT!

Every time I go to a store and they have Amiibo, the spots that aren't empty are filled with Waluigi and Daisy amiibo.  I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo isn't fantastically eager to release another Daisy.

That said Ridley and Snake are MINE

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Mystery CC14 said:

Called it, having a re-release of the old amiibos is the best thing they could do, some of them are practically impossible to find without forking so many bucks online.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

Called it, having a re-release of the old amiibos is the best thing they could do, some of them are practically impossible to find without forking so many bucks online.

Especially since that asshat Mariotehplumber hate-bought all those amiibos of Rosalina, Lucina, Robin, Palutena, and ZSS just to spite fans and Nintendo.  I'm not even sugar coating it; it's been three years since that happened, and we still have yet to see more reprints of those amiibos

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 2

On 7/11/2018 at 9:15 PM, Mr. Mystery CC14 said:

I think I'll be going for Ridley and Wolf myself. Ridley most definitely because... THE INNER METROID FAN IN ME DEMANDS IT!!

• Fist Bump 1

17 hours ago, Tailikku said:

Especially since that asshat Mariotehplumber hate-bought all those amiibos of Rosalina, Lucina, Robin, Palutena, and ZSS just to spite fans and Nintendo.  I'm not even sugar coating it; it's been three years since that happened, and we still have yet to see more reprints of those amiibos

Wait what? How loaded is that guy that he can buy literally all prints of an amiibo just to piss off people?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

Wait what? How loaded is that guy that he can buy literally all prints of an amiibo just to piss off people?

It wasn't literally all of them, but it was a lot. He was a dime-a-dozen scalper whose sole claim to notoriety was online behavior that could best be described as... abnormal. Either way, it's probably best not to pay much mind to people like him, especially considering the amiibo market isn't a scalper minefield like it was when Smash first launched. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Mariotehplumber is a troll, he's a parody of Sonic/Nintendo fans. He's not serious.

I'm pretty sure he sold the amiibo. Not a virtuous move, but I can see why he did it.

• Promotion 1

Wait Mariotehplumber is still around? Either way nice to see Alolan Raichu in the game.

For those of you already itching for more newcomers, I'm afraid that rash is gonna last a while:

NL: Are there plans to either announce characters between now and December or is the finalized, complete roster? Can we expect to see more at a later date?

Trinen: We can answer that when we get closer to December.

NL: Will there be DLC? Are there plans to expand on the game after release?

Trinen: The thing about us, when it comes to something like DLC, we don't really start on it until we have got the game done. So, maybe when the game comes out they will make a decision on if they will do it, or if they do what they want to do, that sort of thing.

Bit of a bummer that there likely won't be any big reveals for quite some time, but I think we can last a few more months. And it's refreshing to know Nintendo still doesn't like to think about DLC until after the core game is released. Also worth noting:

Trinen(In response to being told how big a project Ultimate is): It really is. You're talking, just from the playable characters, 30 different IP represented. That doesn't even include all of the Assist Trophies. Even the Assist Trophies use third-party characters as well.

Could we be seeing more guest assist characters than just Bomberman?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/07/feature_talking_super_smash_bros_ultimate_with_nintendos_bill_trinen_and_nate_bihldorff

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

NL: Are there plans to either announce characters between now and December or is the finalized, complete roster? Can we expect to see more at a later date?

Trinen: We can answer that when we get closer to December.

"Closer to December" could mean anywhere between now and then though. I get the feeling he's being vague on purpose to try and control expectations.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Trinen(In response to being told how big a project Ultimate is): It really is. You're talking, just from the playable characters, 30 different IP represented. That doesn't even include all of the Assist Trophies. Even the Assist Trophies use third-party characters as well.

Could we be seeing more guest assist characters than just Bomberman?

Sephiroth or Barret please. Also wouldn’t it be funny if that’s how Rayman gets in?

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

"Closer to December" could mean anywhere between now and then though. I get the feeling he's being vague on purpose to try and control expectations.

This exactly. Its nothing more than a non-answer.

1 minute ago, JaidynReiman said:

This exactly. Its nothing more than a non-answer.

And this would especially be the case if NDAs he doesn;t want to risk one iota of breaking, are in effect as well.

I'm not expecting an especially huge number of newcomers, and I don't think there are a whole lot of options left anyway. As far as safe picks for first parties are concerned I can only think of Springman, K.Rool and yet another fucking Pokemon and Fire Emblemer. Most of the demand as of late has been for 3rd parties, which I imagine are expensive and tough to negotiate, and honestly I'm surprised Smash 4 even had as many as it did. I think I'd be happier overall if they took most of that time and put it into balancing and replay value instead.

• Thumbs Up 4

9 minutes ago, Blacklightning said:

if they took most of that time and put it into balancing and replay value instead.

Balancing is gonna get done either way, but aside from some other certain newcomers, in the regard of replay value, what I'd love is a new story mode.

If the game really is around the same size as Smash Wii U, I don't think we're gonna see a big difference in terms of single-player modes. don't bring smash tour back

All I hope for is a good version of Classic Mode at this point, and Ultimate Smash Run.

• Thumbs Up 1

My ideal single player would be Melee Adventure mode with a branching path system.

Each big franchise gets a platforming level, two or three enemies, then you fight a guy at the end.  Rinse and repeat.  Say there are five different endpoints, each one gives you a trophy of a palette swap of your character.

• Thumbs Up 1

Smash Tour was rough, but I wouldn't call it single player content. It's primarily mutliplayer-focused.

Same for Smash Run, which was markedly less terrible (though still flawed). I'd love to see that come back, but I don't even know how they'd handle it. The whole reason it was 3DS exclusive was because every player, by necessity, had their own system and therefore their own screen. Trying to bring that to consoles where most players are looking for a couch-multiplayer experience doesn't really work. Is there anything they could do to adapt it?

Melee has everything I want out of actual single player content. If they made a new Adventure mode and "fixed" Classic mode, we'd be golden. 

• Thumbs Up 5