Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Sonic has... always had the Homing Attack in his moveset. Literally, it was there when he was introduced in Brawl. ._.

If anything I'd prefer that they just replace one of the spindash specials with something that isn't completely redundant.

• Thumbs Up 1

I could see Drop Dash functionality being added to his down-special if used in the air.

Other than that, he's had some minor changes; dash attack is just the kick, reticle on neutral special, and a slew of changes to knockback/damage/frame data (like all the other characters) documented on SmashWiki.

Theoretically, Sonic already has a drop dash if going by how you can use some of his moves.

They'll just rename that move, if it has a name, the Drop Dash.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 07/18/18 at 1:28 PM, MegasonicZX said:

Welp, hopefully if he does have an adventure mode here it doesn't get leaked. Wouldn't want sakurai pulling it because his feelings got hurt over knowing an awesome feature of his game can be hyped up pre-release.

Hype is a pretty negative thing...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

Here's a better look at the new Zelda stage:

ov.png

Today's Stage: Great Plateau Tower

This is the tower everyone visits first in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The top part of the tower can be destroyed after taking damage, but will come back eventually. You can spot a certain Old Man in the background, watching over the match...

*still hasn't played BotW*

3 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Here's a better look at the new Zelda stage:

ov.png

Today's Stage: Great Plateau Tower

This is the tower everyone visits first in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The top part of the tower can be destroyed after taking damage, but will come back eventually. You can spot a certain Old Man in the background, watching over the match...

*still hasn't played BotW*

It’s gonna be weird playing that stage with ganondorf lol

1 hour ago, -Robin- said:

F-Zero, 80s western cartoon opening style.

There's actual lyrics.

Is that the guy who does vocals in guilty gear xrd?

Today's update gives us a closer look at a devious new item:

fake-smash-ball-smash-bros-ultimate-656x369.jpg

Today's Item: Fake Smash Ball

In Super Smash Bros Ultimate, the new Fake Smash Ball is a dangerous threat that explodes when you break it, sending you flying off the stage! The symbol is the opposite of a normal Smash Ball, so be sure to keep an eye out for the thicker horizontal line to identify it!

fake-smash-ball-smash-bros-ultimate-2.jpg

Sounds like a good idea on paper, but I can see players quickly wising up to which Smash Ball is real. It might be better if they made the difference less obvious, like with Poison Mushrooms.

• Thumbs Up 4

46 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Sounds like a good idea on paper, but I can see players quickly wising up to which Smash Ball is real. It might be better if they made the difference less obvious, like with Poison Mushrooms.

Keep in mind that unlike the Smash Ball, which always tends to move away from you, the Fake Smash Ball is always following you and magnetically attracted to the players, intentionally trying to get in the middle of attacks so it can be busted open. Plenty of videos have demonstrated this already, even from E3.

Because of that, I don't think a not-so-noticeable difference is needed. It's counting on the split-second reaction and attack before you notice it being different rather than long term since they seem to be easier to break anyways.

I've loved this new item ever since I saw it knock a number of people out at E3. ❤️

• Thumbs Up 2

Don't people not like how poison mushrooms are hard to differentiate from normal shrooms, especially from a distance? It's true a Smash Ball would be more attractive, real or fake, but one of the simplest texture mods change the poison shroom to it's All Star/3D Land design. Then again, people complain of the RNG effects of the Lightning Bolt too. Then again again, why should anybody care if they're not gonna play with items anyway?

There's 2 distinct very obvious differences between the mushrooms though. The poison one is darker and has angry eyes...

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

There's 2 distinct very obvious differences between the mushrooms though. The poison one is darker and has angry eyes...

On a map that has a pulled out camera it can be a bit hard to make it out (and other times even be invisible unless your paying attention to it) so I can see why it would still trip some people up.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm no Namco buff, but there's more songs to this than just from Galaga, right?

And just to add onto the Sonic composers, Yusuke Takahama worked on the soundtrack for Sonic Colors DS and the second Mario & Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Yusuke Takahama also worked on Mario & Sonic. However, he''s not a SEGA employee nor has he mostly done stuff for SEGA. Actually he's done way more stuff for games released on Nintendo platforms, even composing for Brawl.

http://vgmpf.com/Wiki/index.php/Yusuke_Takahama

I'm wondering if maybe this site is just outdated, because I doubt he hasn't done anything for years, but its hard to find much on him.

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Yusuke_Takahama

According to this he was also involved in Smash 3DS/Wii U as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean, if you don't like the Poison Mushroom thing just turn them off lol.  The whole point of the Mushroom item is that it's supposed to be a gamble if you're not sure which one it is.  If the camera happens to be zoomed out, that's no more situational/luck-based than having items spawning at all in the first place.  The Fake Smash Ball is interesting in that it actively tries to get you to hit it instead of constantly slipping out of your grasp though, but as such that would be very disruptive to a match.  It's also one of those awkward cases where if it DIDN'T do that, how would you even program CPU players to respond to it.  You'd literally just have to use RNG to decide whether the AI tries to attack it or not, with odds decreasing as their CPU level goes up.

I feel like the only way to make items be "fair" would be to have a Tetris style "Up next" item heads-up display, combined with an arrow showing where it will spawn about 10 seconds before it does so.  That would actually be an interesting way to play, now that I think about it, lol.

But ultimately that might be only pleasing a weird small minority between those who play Smash totally casually and competitive types who just aren't interested in items at all.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 8/5/2018 at 9:26 PM, Zorator CC14 said:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW HERE IT GOES

As usual, Motobug will be streaming the direct tomorrow.

Now give me Professor Layton as a fighter Nintendy, pls and thx.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Soooooooo, a Smash site update might've spoiled a showing from tomorrow. To see it for yourself, listen to the Galaga Medley on the Smash site and look in your YouTube history right after. SPOILAHZ YO!

3l2jt9f.jpg

• My Emmerdoods 1

Someone at Nintendo not caring about legal ramifications and had a bad day at work decided to give the company the finger? 

• Thumbs Up 1