Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Eh, it's plausible. Whatever the reason behind it, I'm definitely leaning toward it being intentional just because...how exactly do you change the title of an already uploaded video accidentally? Unless it was a Youtube glitch I've never seen or heard of before, it makes little sense otherwise.

Let's see, 4 newcomers so far with Simon and Richter Belmont. Also Chrom and Dark Samus made their debut!

Oh, and a new stage to go with the Belmonts.

Oh, and Kraid's back to boot.

• Thumbs Up 1

KING K ROOL HAS JOINED THE BATTLE! And to think I honestly thought Sakurai was baiting us at first with DeDeDe

• Chuckle 3

That EXCEEDED my expectations. I was literally only expecting Simon plus maybe an Echo Fighter and for the leak to take the wind out of this Direct's sails, but we got Simon, THREE ECHO FIGHTERS, AND MY SMASH BALLOT VOTE, KING F'IN K. ROOOOOOOOOL!!!!!! Plus, that's not even getting into all the confirmed stages and items and *pop* I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well that's been quite a lot of announced characters.

Both Simon and Richter being in the game means that "1 character per franchise" mandate isn't a thing with Ultimate. Chrom finally gets his time to shine, and it's interesting that he's an Echo fighter of Ike (EDIT: apparently he's Roy's Echo Fighter, but with Ike's Up-B. Huh). Dark Samus is in the game, that's pretty neat. I still don't understand why King K.Rool of all characters was one of the highly requested ones, but now he's in, so congrats.

The menu looks pretty good, though still looks somewhat weird to me. At least it's more organized I guess.

And yeah, if Richter is in as an echo fighter of Simon, Shadow has to be in as an echo fighter of Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

They're not pulling their punches this time. They really aren't.

They've got the pedal to the metal, and the needle on the speedometer has snapped off.

This is going to be one for the record books, people.

Ok mainthoughts

1. If Capcom and Konami now have 2 reps, they BETTER fucking add another Sonic rep, even if it's just Shadow as an echo

2. If Castlevania gets 34 remixed tracks, there BETTER be more fucking Sonic remixes. Sonic's music representation is actually disgusting.

3. Only major disappointment is Classic mode AGAIN have fixed opponents, which completely ruins the repeatability.

4. Looking at how different Chrom looks despite being an echo fighter actually makes me more hopeful to see more, especially if Shadow is a fighter

5. GIVE ME MONSTER HUNTER FIGHTER PLEASE! YOU CAN'T HAVE RATHALOS ASSIST AND BOSS FIGHT AND NO MONSTER HUNTER FIGHTER!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

1)Bayonetta counts as the second SEGA rep, sorry. Even with the status of Bayo 2 and 3, SEGA still owns the IP and just puts its stamp on it.
2)I want this to also be applied to Final Fantasy, the music selection in Sm4sh was pathetic

• Thumbs Up 1

So just keeping a tally guys, but we're now up to 73 characters revealed for this game so far.

And there's still so much more to come.

10 minutes ago, Rusty Spy said:

5. GIVE ME MONSTER HUNTER FIGHTER PLEASE! YOU CAN'T HAVE RATHALOS ASSIST AND BOSS FIGHT AND NO MONSTER HUNTER FIGHTER!!!

Eh, going off the pattern, I can certainly expect a new fight from Capcom to coincide with a Capcom newcomer assist like with Konami.

phoenix-thinking(a).gif

But not necessarily does it need to be a Monster Fight newcomer. That might be a bit too obvious given Rathalos in it. Nah, I think someone who's more of a shock and surprise might be up to bat.

• Nice Smile 2

17 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

1)Bayonetta counts as the second SEGA rep, sorry. Even with the status of Bayo 2 and 3, SEGA still owns the IP and just puts its stamp on it.

Capcom Konami has 3 representatives in Ultimate tho, 2 of them are from the same franchise. So at least Shadow as an Echo Fighter is possible and I'd actually be surprised if he wasn't in the game.

Like, I'd assume at this point in time his assist trophy would've been shown, but nope, he's nowhere to be seen

If Simon can get an echo fighter then there is no excuse that Shadow can’t be an echo fighter for Sonic. Especially since Shadow isn’t an assist trophy in this game.

Just now, Bobnik said:

Capcom has 3 representatives in Ultimate tho, 2 of them are from the same franchise.

Eh? If you're talking about assists, then you should probably say 4.

Also, Zero is technically from the X series, but I assume you mean Megaman in general.

Just now, Jovahexeon Megumin Academy said:

Eh? If you're talking about assists, then you should probably say 4.

Also, Zero is technically from the X series, but I assume you mean Megaman in general.

I meant playable characters

21 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Megumin Academy said:

Hellooooo limited edition.

Not really a LE. Isn5 that just a game and controller you can actually order on amazon bundle. I expected like a ost , figure, artbook something

1 minute ago, Bobnik said:

Then where the heck are you getting "3" from???

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

DkFSpFuU8AA_xBR.jpg

Simon & Richter Belmont are confirmed

So they completely ignoring how both characters looked in later remakes, huh?

THANK YOU!!!! Dracula X Chronicles was decent remake, but main heroes redesigns were lame. I could no longer beat Dracula as little girl in pink dress, that sucked hard.

Now just give me Shadow and I'll be happy. If Castlevania has 1 guy + echo, then Sonic deserves it too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, Bobnik said:

Who you're counting outside of Megaman and Ryu?

Also, i wanna point the nice touches of bringing back Yuri Lowenthal as Alucard (he voiced the character in the PSP port of Symphony of the Night and Judgment) and Johnny Yong Bosh as Zero (he voiced the character in the Marvel vs. Capcom games).

1 minute ago, Teoskaven said:

and Johnny Yong Bosh as Zero (he voiced the character in the Marvel vs. Capcom games).

Wait, he speaks in this game?

1 minute ago, Teoskaven said:

Who you're counting outside of Megaman and Ryu?

Oh wait, my mistake, for some reason I thought Castlevania is Capcom, not Konami. Me dumb.

But my point still stands, just change "Capcom" to Konami.

ss_5.jpg

This has to be one of the weirdest counter moves I've seen from Smash. yes, that's including the Toad.

• Nice Smile 1