Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

You know, I'm still wondering why Nintendo picket Richter over Trevor. You know, the Belmont that debuted on actual Nintendo console.

Trevor even has his own anime now. You know, the one with drinking, swearing and so much gore it could...

...I think I answered my own question. My favorite Belmonts are Leon and Julius, but I'm aware they don't stand a chance. That's okay.

33 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

You know, I'm still wondering why Nintendo picket Richter over Trevor. You know, the Belmont that debuted on actual Nintendo console.

Trevor even has his own anime now. You know, the one with drinking, swearing and so much gore it could...

...I think I answered my own question. My favorite Belmonts are Leon and Julius, but I'm aware they don't stand a chance. That's okay.

Like they said in the direct, many of the Belmonts' moves come from Richter's games (Rondo/Symphony), including the uppercut, the dash attack, d-air, d-tilt, Final Smash, and probably more that I'm forgetting. You could say he was adapted more faithfully than even Simon. 

Trevor would be rad, though. 

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Typically smash menus group the characters don’t they?

Typically yes, but this time around they're arranged by when they first debuted in Smash Bros (i.e these numbers) with Echo Fighters placed next to the character they're based on. The E3 demo lines up with this. 

58 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Isn't Rondo of Blood often mentioned and praised as the best "classicvania"? Personally, I've seen more noise about Rondo and even Dracula X (in negative terms) than Dracula's Curse (Trevor's debut) on the internet.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just saw it as a way to represent both the classic and Metroidvania-style games in Smash. (Though, admittedly, Richter doesn't fit that bill as well as say, the GBA characters or something, because he debuted in a Classicvania, but hey, my brain is stretching because Echo Fighter limits and he DID play a role in Symphony of the Night, so it kinda works.)

18 hours ago, SupahBerry said:

don't think this is good news for Doom Slayer, but we'll know for sure.

One name negates such worry: Bayonetta.

• Thumbs Up 1

New Famitsu article! This one goes into details about stuff that was covered in the recent Direct.

https://sourcegaming.info/2018/08/22/more-information-about-the-smash-direct-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-561/

Even though I think this was already assumed, Sakurai confirms that King K. Rool was added after being very popular on the Smash Ballot. Apparently, multiple characters were chosen from this, which makes me very curious. Certain characters seemed to be more popular than others from different parts of the internet, so unfortunately it's impossible to know exactly what the final results of the Smash Ballot were like. I put in my vote for Dixie Kong, at least.

• Thumbs Up 2

It only reaffirms Isaac for me. :D That interview makes me so happy. Please announce Isaac next.

• Promotion 1

On 8/22/2018 at 1:42 PM, mikeblastdude said:

New Famitsu article! This one goes into details about stuff that was covered in the recent Direct.

https://sourcegaming.info/2018/08/22/more-information-about-the-smash-direct-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-561/

Sakurai also goes into further details about how Echo Fighters are not simply just reskins and how they actually have differences pertaining even to their actual game mechanics, hit-boxes, paradigms, etc, slight though they may appear to be at first.

You know, random, but I just realized, Metroid is officially I believe the first of the mainline franchises to have more villains represented then heroes. (Dark Samus and Ridley. I count ZSS and Samus as the same character in terms of actual people.) Unless we're counting both Meta Knight and DDD as villains

This leak seems too fucking good to be true 

Dont fuckin play with my heart leakers. I want Sora so bad but this just screams fake. “I’m a Nintendo employee guys and I’m totally legit”

I know one thing: If Black Shadow from F-Zero joins smash I have a perfect idea for a trailer:

Sonic and Falcon fight to see who's the fastest. Then they attacked by their respective rivals/enemies.

Then they got introduced "Shadow the Hedgehog"  and "Black Shadow". Then they look at each other very angrily and start fighting.

I avoid indulging "totally certain" leaks like one above, but did anyone asked for Bandana Waddle Dee? I would take Yarn Kirby/Prince Fluff or Dark Matter over him any time of a day. And if Tekken is in Smash, then I'm want Mortal Kombat in next one. It was one.... original gameboy I think?

I'd say a decent amount of people are asking for Bandana Waddle Dee. It seems plausible to me for a few reasons, one being that they ranked highly in a Japanese poll that's been going around lately that just so happens to have quite a few of the newcomers we're seeing here. Waddle Dees in general seem to be pretty popular over there, I see 'em in a lot of promotional stuff.

1 hour ago, Celestia said:

I'd say a decent amount of people are asking for Bandana Waddle Dee. It seems plausible to me for a few reasons, one being that they ranked highly in a Japanese poll that's been going around lately that just so happens to have quite a few of the newcomers we're seeing here. Waddle Dees in general seem to be pretty popular over there, I see 'em in a lot of promotional stuff.

I can't really understand why honestly. I mean...not to be disrespectful but, are they not basically the Goomba's of Kirby? I mean it's like asking for Goomba for Smash. I could see maybe an assist trophy....but a full character? I remember Bandana Dee being like a character in the multiplayer Kirby games but, it feels like it's like Blue Toad and Yellow Toad of New Super Mario Coop games. Waddle Dees are Dedede's army are they not? In fact if I recall one of Dedede's moves in brawl was throwing them, before they changed it in 4 to just the spike things I think.

Another apt comparison perhaps is Captain Toad...and even then he's still just a toad.

• Way Past Cool 2

There's nothing to understand...they get singled out because they actually get playable roles.

Captain Toad is a unique Toad from 3D World onward...image.png.a3c4f31cf555587fbcdf7adcac0afc09.png

And Bandana Dee was just a thing since Super Star...as the most loyal Waddle Dee.image.png.c0fde9eb9ad5b38fcc11975c4743a90c.png

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

I can't really understand why honestly. I mean...not to be disrespectful but, are they not basically the Goomba's of Kirby? I mean it's like asking for Goomba for Smash. I could see maybe an assist trophy....but a full character? I remember Bandana Dee being like a character in the multiplayer Kirby games but, it feels like it's like Blue Toad and Yellow Toad of New Super Mario Coop games. Waddle Dees are Dedede's army are they not? In fact if I recall one of Dedede's moves in brawl was throwing them, before they changed it in 4 to just the spike things I think.

Another apt comparison perhaps is Captain Toad...and even then he's still just a toad.

tumblr_ou0kbnHHNu1skn7bho1_540.png

Also Captain Toad's got his own game. I could see the Goomba comparison working if there weren't any unique Toads in the mainline Mario series, but there are. 

8 hours ago, KHCast said:

This leak seems too fucking good to be true 

Dont fuckin play with my heart leakers. I want Sora so bad but this just screams fake. “I’m a Nintendo employee guys and I’m totally legit”

This sort of leak really isn't worth entertaining. The link in the description of the (clickbait) video links to a nerdmag article with some of the most bog-standard rumor reporting you could ask for. It just cites "a user on reddit" who said he got the list from a Nintendo employee. No link to the post itself, no mention of the source's username, no mention of the date this information was posted, and no reason to actually believe any of it.

• Thumbs Up 3

and then there's people who make this (pulled from the Smash Wiki Discord server):

image0.png?width=542&height=683

OK first of all, the list has forgotten a few things regarding Goku:

• He debuted in a manga first
  • His first game was on the Super Casettevision
  • He never was the Famicom mascot, that honor goes to both Mario and Diskkun
  • Most of his games were on the Playstation
  • all of his games were tie-ins to the anime

And for Geno, he wasn't a side character, he was a main character.  This thing also glosses over the fact that Geno also got a Mii Gunner Costume in Sm4sh.  And to top this off for both of them, and reasons why they won't be a playable character: COPYRIGHTS

Geno is still owned by Square-Enix while Goku is still owned by Jump and Akira Toriyama, who last I checked only lisence their characters out for tie-in games like Jump Super Stars, with Toriyama being the exception by being the character designer for Dragon Quest, Blue Dragon, and Chrono Trigger.  Also:

c39.png

• Absolutely 1

Not to diss Skull Kid or anything, but I can't help but notice how just now conveniently there seem to be an influx of "leaks" including Skull Kid. Like, after Ridley, SImon and K Rool, the big three of "talked up" inclusions.

• Thumbs Up 1

...while I agree that Goku should not be in Smash (not until we run out of every game character that deserves to be in), I don't see a reason to antagonize people who want him,  just because their think otherwise, even if you think their arguments are poorly researched.

So trying to steer discussion to literally anything else, what Pokemon do you expect? Personally I really hope it's not another starter, it's repetitive and does harm to other 2 unpicked.

Nintendo really should just pick Pokemon that are popular (preferably not legendary ones), like Lucario. When gen III and V get their representatives, like Gardevoir or Zoroak? Gen II could use real one too, my vote is for Heracross. Gen I has enough, but Snorlax would be awesome too.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Megumin Academy said:

Not to diss Skull Kid or anything, but I can't help but notice how just now conveniently there seem to be an influx of "leaks" including Skull Kid. Like, after Ridley, SImon and K Rool, the big three of "talked up" inclusions.

Though Isaac is appearing on just about every leak now as well. Based on a summary of polls and Sakurai's statements about the ballot being an influence on the roster, Isaac is basically just appearing everywhere now without a leak backing him. K. Rool had a similar treatment. He wasn't leaked, but because he had the costume and was the most talked about character during the ballot period, he was on basically every fake leak.

Obviously I don't believe any of them, but it is nice that Isaac is getting that treatment.

Just now, MetalSkulkBane said:

...while I agree that Goku should not be in Smash (not until we run out of every game character that deserves to be in), I don't see a reason to antagonize people who want him,  just because their think otherwise, even if you think their arguments are poorly researched.

So trying to steer discussion to literally anything else, what Pokemon do you expect? Personally I really hope it's not another starter, it's repetitive and does harm to other 2 unpicked.

Nintendo really should just pick Pokemon that are popular (preferably not legendary ones), like Lucario. When gen III and V get their representatives, like Gardevoir or Zoroak? Gen II could use real one too, my vote is for Heracross. Gen I has enough, but Snorlax would be awesome too.

Personally, I don't think we're getting one this time other than maybe an Echo. That's my prediction in terms of Pokemon. The Pokemon we got this time was getting 9 returning form past games.

1 minute ago, JaidynReiman said:

Though Isaac is appearing on just about every leak now as well. Based on a summary of polls and Sakurai's statements about the ballot being an influence on the roster, Isaac is basically just appearing everywhere now without a leak backing him. K. Rool had a similar treatment. He wasn't leaked, but because he had the costume and was the most talked about character during the ballot period, he was on basically every fake leak.

Obviously I don't believe any of them, but it is nice that Isaac is getting that treatment.

To be fair, Issac showed up more consistently in leaks before Ridley, Simon and K Rool were revealed officially. And given that he was often a notable mention during ballot talks, at the very least, it felt like he was one of the highest hype campaigns from the get-go.

Heck, given that tweet Sakurai made referencing Golden Sun, those were even more inevitable.

Skull Kid though, feels more like a bout of just moving from one target to another for the sake of it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I will say, regarding Geno, people who disregard his relevance ignore one big thing.

Without Super Mario RPG, there would be no Paper Mario or Mario and Luigi.

So having Geno would be a great way to pay tribute to the legacy of the Mario RPG series while adding a hotly demanded character.

But using relevancy as an argument is stupid. People did the same thing with K. Rool. =_=;;

• Thumbs Up 4

bo.png

Today's Item - Alucard Assist Trophy

Alucard will attack nearby opponents with a flurry of slashes. As the son of Dracula, he can also turn into a bat and charge at opponents farther away. By the way, when you read "DRACULA" backwards, you get...?

Two sons of evil duking it out? Neat! (Also, is it sad that I just recently discovered Alucard's name is Dracula backwards? I know nothing of Castlevania.)

I strongly doubted K. Rool making it in because to be fair it wasn't so much that he was forgotten, but rather Nintendo was adamant about not using him again in DKCR and TF. Had those games never existed, I never would have thought that Nintendo had anything in particular against him.

I'm still floored that K. Rool is in Smash at all. I don't think his presence in a new DKC is absolutely necessary (I thought the Snowmads were fine, even if it would have been cool if he had shown up in a viking getup this time), but it really is nice to see him again.

• Thumbs Up 2

Talks like this always remind me of when people swore up and down that Pac-Man was never going to be Smash. (And everyone else worried that if he did they'd use the GA design, but I actually understood that part.)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/24/2018 at 11:41 AM, Sean said:

I strongly doubted K. Rool making it in because to be fair it wasn't so much that he was forgotten, but rather Nintendo was adamant about not using him again in DKCR and TF. Had those games never existed, I never would have thought that Nintendo had anything in particular against him.

I'm still floored that K. Rool is in Smash at all. I don't think his presence in a new DKC is absolutely necessary (I thought the Snowmads were fine, even if it would have been cool if he had shown up in a viking getup this time), but it really is nice to see him again.

Now here's hoping the Kremlings can be the bad guys in DK games again soon.