Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

46 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Why should we assume that any of this means what we think it means, or that it's purposeful at all? Unless there's some detail I missed, the background in the Smash direct "reflecting" Skull Kid amounts to...there being a purple chair and a yellow chair. And they represent Tatl and Tael. Because nothing else related to Nintendo is purple and yellow. Because they can't have just put some chairs they had lying around in there to fill space.

And, ok, so Reggie had a Skull Kid figure on his desk. In a video completely unrelated to Smash. Alongside a (TP, I think) Zelda figure, a Sheikah slate notepad, a master sword, a DK barrel, a plush green shell, a Cappy-eyed Mario cap, and a bullet bill. Why single out the Skull Kid figure? Why think that any of this is any kind of hint?

There's no actual evidence here, just grasping at random background objects to try and fit into some preexisting theory.

Because Nothing Else Related to Nintendo is  ...

Ok get your point (A few of those were jokes but still)

I do still tend to believe the Skull Kid thing, though

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

Why should we assume that any of this means what we think it means, or that it's purposeful at all? Unless there's some detail I missed, the background in the Smash direct "reflecting" Skull Kid amounts to...there being a purple chair and a yellow chair. And they represent Tatl and Tael. Because nothing else related to Nintendo is purple and yellow. Because they can't have just put some chairs they had lying around in there to fill space.

And, ok, so Reggie had a Skull Kid figure on his desk. In a video completely unrelated to Smash. Alongside a (TP, I think) Zelda figure, a Sheikah slate notepad, a master sword, a DK barrel, a plush green shell, a Cappy-eyed Mario cap, and a bullet bill. Why single out the Skull Kid figure? Why think that any of this is any kind of hint?

There's no actual evidence here, just grasping at random background objects to try and fit into some preexisting theory.

Hence why I say I’m aware it’s a stretch. I’m not even saying assume he’s in because of this.😕

Supposedly the previous direct hinted towards KKR. It’s not a theory I’m totally buying into, I think Skull Kid even without these theories has a decent chance by himself, as he’s a pretty unique Zelda pick. And he did get a avatar costume iirc? And the popular theory is to base the future picks based off that. But again I’m not taking this stuff as factual gospel. However, would it shock anyone that Nintendo would be dick teasing the guy beforehand in sneaky ways? 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/3/2018 at 4:52 PM, KHCast said:

However, would it shock anyone that Nintendo would be dick teasing the guy beforehand in sneaky ways? 

I think it's more a stretch to think they're even snidely teasing in such a manner in the first place.

I mean, heck, purple and yellow? They'd be like if I claimed that it was hinting at Shantae, given the color scheme, the dish in the distance that looks like a lamp, and the pillows, the fact that Wayforward have been silent regarding Smash, the fact that Leaky Panda hasn't deconfirmed her, the Jammie Mode trailer hintings, the fact that she has more suggesting her all as stuff that confirmed her being in the game. I wouldn't go so far as to say they're teasing us.

On 9/3/2018 at 4:52 PM, KHCast said:

And he did get a avatar costume iirc?

Yeah? So did Takamaru and Ashley. And the costume IIRC correctly was actually Link's costume, but with Majora's mask on the head part anyway.

I mean, demand for Skull Kid hasn't even really skyrocketed that much until a leak from the loz guy came up anyway, and the thing with Reggie was in a poll of Nintendo stuff.

Heck, if there's a story mode, Skull Kid could likely be in as a boss fight, representative of Young Link's Majora's Mask anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly I don’t know why I’m being singled out on theories that a bunch in the Smash fandom have been using. I even acknowledge multiple times that I think the pillows and chairs thing is a stretch yet people are acting as if I’m taking it as gospel. (Though again tbf people seem to be pointing at how sakurai teases K Rools reveal in the last direct, so there is some sense of logic going on here. The constant new location changes for each direct do seem weird considering he didn’t do this for Smash 4 iirc). I don’t see how it’s far fetched to assume Nintendo would hint and tease at this kinda stuff.

The Smash ballot and the avatar costumes seem to be the popular methods people are using to determine the likely picks. NOT the guaranteed ones. Given K Rool and Ridley (?) have outfits and got to playable, it’s a fair one to use to make guesses. Hell, people were JUST this for geno 

25 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Ridley has outfits

The fudge? Okay,  I'm certain there wasn't any Ridley mii costumes in the past.

Just now, Jovahexeon Megumin Academy said:

The fudge? Okay,  I'm certain there wasn't any Ridley mii costumes in the past.

Could have sworn he was that or an assist trophy. 

Regardless this is completely deviating from my original comment, my initial point in all this was just that IF the pillow chair shit WAS intentional teasing of skull kid, be kinda dumb to do that all for a boss character. Not that I believe they are accurate.

Not that I don't agree, but it wouldn't be the first time went to all that teasing for a boss character - he did the same thing for Ridley in Smash 4 before he was officially revealed as a stage boss.

L3Xzet9.jpg

I'm still leaning towards playable if anything, but knowing Sakurai you kinda have to be ready for anything.

• Thumbs Up 2

This week's music update brings us a take on SMB3's Fortress Boss theme by Akihiro Honda.

• Thumbs Up 7

I really like that take on the SMB3 boss theme. It's definitely one of my favorite remixes that has been shown off so far; right up there with Gang-Plank Galleon and Vega Stage.

Today's blog also gives us another look at Final Destination:

132_1.jpg

132_2.jpg

Though this is a simple stage, with no stage hazards or floating platforms, the background has been updated for this game. Make sure you don't get too distracted and get defeated!

With a background that ominous, I can only imagine how intense the Hands fight is gonna be.

• Thumbs Up 1

For me, I have to avert my eyes from getting a good look at any FDs until actually playing it myself. I do appreciate that since Brawl that it's available from the start, but I son't really get a sense of "Finality" in stage if it's something simply talked about in an earlier update. 

• Thumbs Up 1

New Famitsu article! This one is all about music and the process of reaching out to composers, selecting which songs to remix, etc. Definitely worth checking out.

https://sourcegaming.info/2018/09/05/no-such-thing-as-bad-music-in-a-great-game-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-562/

A few key points:

I went to visit folks at Nintendo’s dev HQ and other companies like Sega, and explained my aim for the project and what I wanted them to look out for. This time, I wanted them to especially focus on making music that really gets your heart pumping during battle.

If Sakurai visited Sega directly, that makes me more hopeful for finally getting some new Sonic remixes.

Some series require us to pay a lot of money to use their music since they’ve given the rights to other companies. Some series don’t allow us much choice since securing the rights to use music on a worldwide release is pretty difficult. That means we can only include a few songs.

Even though he doesn't say directly, I think we all know a certain series specifically that he's referring to, especially considering that the Final Fantasy series was still shown to have only two songs in the recent Smash Direct.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, SupahBerry said:

For me, I have to avert my eyes from getting a good look at any FDs until actually playing it myself. I do appreciate that since Brawl that it's available from the start, but I son't really get a sense of "Finality" in stage if it's something simply talked about in an earlier update. 

Since the only thing final about it is typically the final stage of classic mode and challenge mode...that literally doesn't matter.

It was deleted because the person who "found" the Dengeki magazine article with this list was a guy called Blueneuron, infamous for making a bunch of fakes that happen to involve Lloyd. Keep in mind this guy made a fake 2chan website with a full roster leak designed to look like someone predicted the entire roster back in January 2018 (and yes, it also had Lloyd on it).

The moment I read that the topic creator said he got the information from Blueneuron I flat out told him it was fake (and he then deleted the thread right after that, which I didn't tell him to do or anything, he just did, I kinda wished he kept it up).

The context in this thread also says the poll isn't on Dengeki's website, another big flag. He deleted the comment that I replied to but this is what it said:

I got it from the Smash Ultimate discord.

***EDIT*** Apparently the guy that said it's on the site was wrong, but /u/blueneuronDOTnet said he'll take a picture of the article with the magazine.

Unfortunately, again, the TC deleted his post (I really wish he didn't), but that's what he said before my reply to this comment in the above thread.

People need to really be aware of Blueneuron. He's made a LOT of fakes already, usually involving Lloyd in some way. He's really pissing me off right now.

It should also be noted that allegedly, according to the original thread (now deleted) the "Top 5 from the previous poll" were omitted from this poll (including the likes of Isaac, King K. Rool, Ridley). I don't remember exactly everyone who was named here. I'm not even sure if the "original" poll exists either.

EDIT: The comments for the thread still exist.

• Thumbs Up 2

No Rayman talk? That's the one character I was hoping would be talked about considering there's the most evidence of them being the next reveal. 

And it's not like there isn't a reason to have Rayman in. I mean, the "Adventure Mode" being speculated is called Spirits Mode right? So saving the souls of fallen comrades to help fight and keep the balance from falling to a dark and mysterious force that the bad guys could all be working for. That and Rayman is a perfect buddy for Kirby, both being heroes from Dream Lands. I mean Rayman's been to the Land of the Livid Dead so many times in their series that it would feel a waste to not use them if the Spirits Mode is true. 

I've got hopes up, sure. But this feels so telegraphed right now that I'm surprised no one is taking this seriously. Then again, you also didn't take King K. Rool seriously. 

Now look where we are. :3c

So I got to play the game today! I played as Ridley and Inkling.

Ridley is really fun. I managed to pull off a sweetspot hit with his down special. He's very powerful feeling.

Inkling is more technical, and it was so hectic I lost track of my ink multiple times. She's very fun though! Her up air seems like a decent kill move. Roller's fun to use as well. Dunno about the bomb though because I never hit anyone with it, hehe.

I can't wait for December, man. I really love this game already.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

On 9/7/2018 at 7:24 PM, LongcrierCat said:

No Rayman talk? That's the one character I was hoping would be talked about considering there's the most evidence of them being the next reveal. 

And it's not like there isn't a reason to have Rayman in. I mean, the "Adventure Mode" being speculated is called Spirits Mode right? So saving the souls of fallen comrades to help fight and keep the balance from falling to a dark and mysterious force that the bad guys could all be working for. That and Rayman is a perfect buddy for Kirby, both being heroes from Dream Lands. I mean Rayman's been to the Land of the Livid Dead so many times in their series that it would feel a waste to not use them if the Spirits Mode is true. 

I've got hopes up, sure. But this feels so telegraphed right now that I'm surprised no one is taking this seriously. Then again, you also didn't take King K. Rool seriously. 

Now look where we are. :3c

The problem with this argument is that numerous people have been taking those chairs to be hinting at whatever the hell they want. You can easily stretch it to mean just about anything. The general consensus is Skull Kid, but I first heard people associating it with Waluigi of all characters, and I've even seen people who have legitimately pointed out that the colors are also similar to Isaac's color palette as well (not that they believed it meant anything).

For the record, Isaac's colors are blue and yellow, but he does have some purple to represent darker shades of blue. The shadows on his left arm and leg both look purple in the artwork.

latest?cb=20120309174531

The rope ladder connection to K. Rool is sketchy as well. I guess the main argument is that its based on the rope ladder of the Flying Kroc, which could make sense. There aren't any red barrels in DK either, but at the same time, it doesn't make much sense for Sakurai to just have a random barrel lying around.

But again, I reiterate: the chairs can mean so many things its ridiculous to try and prop up any one scenario as a result. And Rayman is possible, but that's all I can say on it. He's possible. But so are so many other scenarios.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

The problem with this argument is that numerous people have been taking those chairs to be hinting at whatever the hell they want. You can easily stretch it to mean just about anything. The general consensus is Skull Kid, but I first heard people associating it with Waluigi of all characters, and I've even seen people who have legitimately pointed out that the colors are also similar to Isaac's color palette as well (not that they believed it meant anything).

For the record, Isaac's colors are blue and yellow, but he does have some purple to represent darker shades of blue. The shadows on his left arm and leg both look purple in the artwork.

latest?cb=20120309174531

The rope ladder connection to K. Rool is sketchy as well. I guess the main argument is that its based on the rope ladder of the Flying Kroc, which could make sense. There aren't any red barrels in DK either, but at the same time, it doesn't make much sense for Sakurai to just have a random barrel lying around.

But again, I reiterate: the chairs can mean so many things its ridiculous to try and prop up any one scenario as a result. And Rayman is possible, but that's all I can say on it. He's possible. But so are so many other scenarios.

I mean I personally do believe the purple and yellow could represent Skull Kid because the plant also resembles him, but purple and yellow could literally be anything from  to Spyro to Mallow (Yellow text) to even Big the Cat (RIP The sanity of the fans if this were to happen).  We need more evidence before we assume things.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

The yellow is obviously Tails getting in, while the purple is totally Lubba from Mario Galaxy

I hope  (Rather irrationally) so, while the purple could literally anyone else as long as my boy got in

• Thumbs Up 1