Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

23 minutes ago, Digidestined CC14 said:

Everyone's favorite secretary added to the roster poster.

1536879472563-png.163957

Here's her placement. Right beside Cloud.

• Thumbs Up 2

Excuse me whaaaaaat

So I'm not into Animal Crossing but I will say this is an oddball reveal. Honestly thought she would be an echo for the Villager but apparently not.

So wonder if this adds weight to the theory that the missing/replaced assist trophy’s are being given bigger roles.(in the case of the theory, Skull kid and Shadow being playable)

• Thumbs Up 1

My girlfriend just got into New Leaf and is ecstatic that Isabelle is playable.

I'm heartbroken I don't get to smash Tom Nook's face in with a home run bat.

I like that there's a new Animal Crossing game coming out Nintendo, but this is a dream I've had since 2002. The reveal was too cruel.

1 minute ago, GentlemanX said:

My girlfriend just got into New Leaf and is ecstatic that Isabelle is playable.

I'm heartbroken I don't get to smash Tom Nook's face in with a home run bat.

I like that there's a new Animal Crossing game coming out Nintendo, but this is a dream I've had since 2002. The reveal was too cruel.

Oh don’t worry. Nook will be a boss 

• Chuckle 1

When they switched to the Animal Crossing Switch teaser and Tom Nook's lights flickered, I expected he was going to be offed for second Smash character.

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

So wonder if this adds weight to the theory that the missing/replaced assist trophy’s are being given bigger roles.(in the case of the theory, Skull kid and Shadow being playable)

In addition to possible AT upgrades, a few of the newcomers appear to have been drawn from Mii Fighter Costumes: K. Rool, Chrom, the Inklings and even Isabelle. It's possible the remaining base roster will be drawn from there as well (I've seen Geno's name passed around a lot).

I’ll admit, I used to be against her inclusion but frankly I started to became indifferent and now that she’s playable. I’m pretty happy.

And even though most expected her regardless, there’s actually people complaining that she got revealed over a popular pick?

Yikes, and to think I could’ve been of those people.

4 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

When they switched to the Animal Crossing Switch teaser and Tom Nook's lights flickered, I expected he was going to be offed for second Smash character.

In addition to possible AT upgrades, a few of the newcomers appear to have been drawn from Mii Fighter Costumes: K. Rool, Chrom, the Inklings and even Isabelle. It's possible the remaining base roster will be drawn from there as well.

Which Skull kid got. They could be pulling from both trophies and costumes honestly, as shadows disappearance has to mean something even though he never got a costume.

Also speaking of those, considering costumes are a thing that are gonna return, if Sora doesn’t appear as a character even in DLC, I wonder if he’ll get a avatar costime. He clearly has a very vocal and decently sized group asking for him.

16 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

In addition to possible AT upgrades, a few of the newcomers appear to have been drawn from Mii Fighter Costumes: K. Rool, Chrom, the Inklings and even Isabelle. It's possible the remaining base roster will be drawn from there as well (I've seen Geno's name passed around a lot).

If there's anyone out of those costumes I want, it's Proto-Man, even as an echo fighter.

18 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Which Skull kid got. They could be pulling from both trophies and costumes honestly, as shadows disappearance has to mean something even though he never got a costume.

Also speaking of those, considering costumes are a thing that are gonna return, if Sora doesn’t appear as a character even in DLC, I wonder if he’ll get a avatar costime. He clearly has a very vocal and decently sized group asking for him.

Sorry if the wording was confusing, I wasn't dismissing AT upgrades in favor of the costume theory. I meant that I think both are likely places to draw from. And we have at least one example of the former in the new roster with Dark Samus. I'd be pretty surprised if neither Skull Kid nor Shadow made it in; Shadow is almost a given at this point, and Skull Kid is a possibility with the villain focus/Kid Link and Termina coming back--though I admit I'm stretching with the Melee material association.

25 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

In addition to possible AT upgrades, a few of the newcomers appear to have been drawn from Mii Fighter Costumes: K. Rool, Chrom, the Inklings and even Isabelle. It's possible the remaining base roster will be drawn from there as well.

Now that you mention it, I went over the list real quick. Of that stuff that we know for sure won't happen, there's X, Megaman Exe, Protoman and Dunban (all show up in Final Smashes), Zero, Takamaru, Ashley and Knux (Confirmed AT) and Flying Man (Stage Hazard). Of what's left over:

- I could potentially see Heihachi happening, but given a choice between Namco costumes I feel like people are going to gravitate towards Lloyd Iving more. I don't even know who Gil is.

- Between the Virtua Fighter references, Jacky obviously gets preference. But I dunno how much clout Virtua Fighter has in this day and age that it could ever be counted as a reliable third party pick. Personally I wouldn't bet on it.

- Between Villager and Isabelle we're already pretty spoilt on Animal Crossing if you ask me. Getting KK Slider on top of that would be neat, but again not the safest bet.

- Toad really depends on how much credence you put in the idea that his role in Peach's moveset precludes his own character slot. It'd be nice to finally see them playable, but tbh I won't weep if we miss out again.

- Viridi in all likelihood loses out to Medusa just because the latter is much easier to integrate as an echo.

- A Monster Hunter feels like practically a given already considering they already have a stage and/or a boss, but the fact that the hunters themselves haven't been shown yet is a little worrying.

- Square is notoriously difficult to deal with, so whether or not we get Geno probably depends on how much bank Ninty is prepared to fork over for the privelage. Considering they were able to talk Konami not only into returning Snake but even adding two Castlevania reps though, I wouldn't rule it out. They absolutely know that the demand's there.

- Tails in all likelihood loses out to Shadow again because of ease of echoing, but he'd definitely be my pick for a second Sonic rep if it were up to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Blacklightning said:

- Square is notoriously difficult to deal with, so whether or not we get Geno probably depends on how much bank Ninty is prepared to fork over for the privelage. Considering they were able to talk Konami not only into returning Snake but even adding two Castlevania reps though, I wouldn't rule it out. They absolutely know that the demand's there.

With regards to Geno in particular, Sakurai seems to have wanted to use him as far back as Brawl but things just didn't work out in the past. It could go either way, but I like to think they'll be able to work it out this time. Square definitely seems on-board with Smash since they at least licensed out other things like the costumes in the first place.

So I'm slightly a lot disappointed that Shadow isn't in, but honestly? I more annoyed they announced only one character. If Isabelle was announced alongside Sora or Majora Mask, complains would be much smaller.

With that said, jeeeeesh people, calm down! Isabelle is fine, Animal Crossing is a surprisingly big franchise, it deserves second character (I'm still unsure if she an echo or not). I would prefer Dixie or Shantae, but Isabelle is just fine.

I'm not the one to blindly yell "let's stay optimistic" but I think Shadow still has chances to get in. Only new 9 characters, 4 of them being an echo? They didn't even put Pokemon, and I can't imagine Nintendo not slapping new Pokemon in Smash.

20 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

With that said, jeeeeesh people, calm down! Isabelle is fine, Animal Crossing is a surprisingly big franchise, it deserves second character (I'm still unsure if she an echo or not).

She's numbered as a new character. She might have some similarities to Villager but she appears to be her own character with her own moves.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Zaysho said:

My impression with regards to the later DLC costumes for Smash 4 was that they represented characters who were popular in the character poll but didn't have what it took at the time to be entered as the final DLC character.  It should be no surprise that they're top of the list for desirable new characters, along with certain Assist Trophies, which are also signifiers of popularity.  Geno is one of those weird characters who's popular but objectively really obscure; but the Smash games do usually have slots for niche retro characters, so I could see him getting in if SE are willing to play ball - which I imagine they are, given that he already got a Mii costume.  Would SE have significantly different or more constricting licensing policies for Geno as a Mii costume versus a full playable fighter?  The stars are aligning.

...Still no sign of Isaac, though.  It's so strange that he was actually expunged from Smash 4 and never got anything to make up for it.

14 hours ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

Amen to that. Heck, Isabelle being a semi-clone rather than a full-on echo, is good news to an extent as well. It means that the likes of Dixie and Shadow the hedgehog could come in looking keen.

Df-kPzPUYAANCGk.png:large

Love how the guy even had a follow up to that:

I plan to use that final smash on her exclusively.  I dont care if there are other players lol I'm going only for her to do this to

• Thumbs Up 1

So looks like Loz was a troll the whole time from the sound of it. He’s deleted his Twitter after the Isabelle reveal. Vergeben so far has still remained the most reliable, as far as leaks go, source regarding the roster. As for possible future characters Verge is claiming Ken as a echo and a Square Rep(doesn’t know who) are going to be in the launch roster. He also has been saying Minecraft content will be showing up in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, KHCast said:

As for possible future characters Verge is claiming Ken as a echo and a Square Rep(doesn’t know who) are going to be in the launch roster.

3-D World Runner? /s

20535473c73d051c6d268c7d072938d0.jpg

• Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

As for possible future characters Verge is claiming Ken as a echo and a Square Rep(doesn’t know who) are going to be in the launch roster.

Could be Noctis if Verge's earlier leak hinting at Phoenix Wright and Tails joining Smash is anything to go by. 

• Nice Smile 1

49 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Hm....

Highly doubt that one. There's no way Nintendo would make it that easy to guess, and it's just as likely a placeholder image, similar to the so far, incomplete character banner.

12 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

Highly doubt that one. There's no way Nintendo would make it that easy to guess, and it's just as likely a placeholder image, similar to the so far, incomplete character banner.

Wouldn't it be 4 more characters anyways?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/14/2018 at 1:12 AM, KHCast said:

(cough cough) Isaac (cough)

• Thumbs Up 3