Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Looks like we may not seen every stage after all?

If this is true, there's another 5 stages TBA. Are you all ready for the return of POKEFLOATS?

• Thumbs Up 1

the next three stages are alterra, landorin and katakis from turrican

Nah, just kidding. Probably something like a level from Mario Odyssey will be one of them.

All I'm hoping for returning at this point, is Poke Floats abd Pyroshpere so the real Ridley can kick the cloned snot out of Other M.

Only ones I'm desperate for are Mute City and Rainbow Road (ironically two very similar stages but I feel they're more fun than their counterparts Port Town and Mario Circuit).

But I think I'd take some more new stages over them.

Are you all ready for the tour of Spiral Mountain that goes up to the top of Grunty's Lair where Grunty is a stage hazard and serves as the new Snake codecs by rhyming about every character? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Y'know,  for all we know, 108 is only what Cocoro has to report. Might probably still be more!

Though,  this does raise the question. How did this magazine get the scoop out before the announcement? Is this a sign of something soon to come?

Also I hate to be a turd in the punch bowl but it's also possible Corocoro is just wrong. It isn't that hard to just type the wrong number and let it just slide through. I want to believe but Sakurai seemed very definitive about 103 stages.

23 minutes ago, Chili Dawg said:

but Sakurai seemed very definitive about 103 stages.

Did he really?

I mean making assumptions based on Sakurai is a fools errand so who knows, but he took the time to say there are 100 stages in this game and including the battlefields plus Final Destination there are 103, rather than just give us a vague "this game features over 100 stages!" or something that leaves the door a little more open. To me that came off as him telling us in no uncertain terms that there are in fact 103 stages, no more no less.

I mean there very well could be more. As Eggman will tell us, the more the merrier, so cool if so. But I'm not yet ready to take this one magazine's word on the subject as correct when it contradicts something that I think was spelled out pretty clearly by the director.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Chili Dawg said:

I mean making assumptions based on Sakurai is a fools errand so who knows, but he took the time to say there are 100 stages in this game and including the battlefields plus Final Destination there are 103, rather than just give us a vague "this game features over 100 stages!" or something that leaves the door a little more open. To me that came off as him telling us in no uncertain terms that there are in fact 103 stages, no more no less.

Agreed. We don't know anything for certain, but it is very odd that Sakurai would be so vague and indefinite about the number of remaining characters, but so specific about the number of stages. 103 was the number given in the Famitsu article as well. Not only is CoroCoro the only source suggesting that there are 108 stages, that's the only piece of information in their article that could be considered "new." Everything else was covered in the 8/8 Direct. It really could be wrong, as disappointing as that may sound. 

A little something from Source Gaming about the Box Theory that has popped up:

So yeah, it's most likely a placeholder until all the characters have been revealed before this December when the game comes.

This just in: Pong is one of the defeatable assist trophies.

Yup. Ya'll just saw Ridley murder Pong.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

If this is true, I say three of them are returning stages and two of them are brand new stages.

Returning Stages: Poke Floats(Melee), Rainbow Road(3DS), and PAC-MAZE(3DS)

New Stages: One Nintendo-theme stage(any franchise), and one third-party stage(from either Square-Enix or somebody else entirely)

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, since the stage select is 11x10, I think there is room for a 109 stages. It has bugged me that there was an uneven blank at the bottom screen, and would be pretty to ultimately leave just one spot permanently blank. (Since the random slot is currently at the top left)

Vergeben has some more to say

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77008096

So nothing about Skull Kid sadly, but he does say the games getting supported post launch, so expect quite a bit of dlc apparently 

The gen 7 Pokemon that isn't Decidueye, Lycanroc, or obviously not Mimikyu is Incineroar. 
I finally heard that it is Incineroar from all my main Smash sources so there you have it. 

As for the roster, in the very least, Incineroar and Ken are left. 
I've had people tagging me nonstop for the last day or two about the box theory, so I will address that. 
I have been in contact with my sources about it. There's no confirmation as of this moment whether or not that will be it for the launch roster. 

I guess I might as well end by saying that if you think this game won't be supported further after launch, well, that's not a smart assumption to make. 
The Square Enix character that I heard about is an interesting exception in all of this when it comes to the box theory and my knowledge of there being a character of theirs comes from someone who's never had a habit of being wrong. 
Even if that really is all for launch, it's not the end. 

For the time being, it is a waiting game. They're going to contact me if they hear of any contradictions or information they can offer that confirms or denies the box theory.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Chili Dawg said:

The mystery Square-Enix character is no mystery. It's Geno.

That's a wierd way to spell Sephiroth

• Chuckle 1

Today's Fighter - #68: Isabelle
Isabelle joins the battle from Animal Crossing: New Leaf! She uses various trinkets from around the village to battle. Her side special, Fishing Rod, not only allows her to snag and bring opponents closer – it can also be used as a recovery move.

Interesting. So she's got basically got Link's old hookshot.(Big as Echo when?)

It still weirds me out that fishing rod is a special move and not a regular grab. Having it pocket projectiles like Villager's net currently does would've been super useful.

22 hours ago, Chili Dawg said:

It isn't that hard to just type the wrong number and let it just slide through.

True, but by now, surely they'd have come forward about such, given how fast news travels.

2 hours ago, Blacklightning said:

It still weirds me out that fishing rod is a special move and not a regular grab. Having it pocket projectiles like Villager's net currently does would've been super useful.

...she....would pocket stuff with the net.

She's not gonna have a distance grab, that also pulls in items.

On 9/17/2018 at 7:45 AM, Chili Dawg said:

The mystery Square-Enix character is no mystery. It's Geno.

On 9/17/2018 at 2:21 PM, Tailikku said:

That's a wierd way to spell Sephiroth

5 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

I think you spelled Sora wrong.

Let's agree that it's someone with "o' in the name. There, now I'm save from someone mentioning Chrono. Unless you said "Black Mage" than I'm screwed.

Unpopular opinion: I wouldn't mind Lara Croft, based on LAU trilogy. What? Those were GC/Wii games. Besides, Nintendo stole Cloud and Snake from PS1, Lara should be next.