Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

42 minutes ago, Blacklightning said:

We already have 68 characters to choose from, not even counting echoes. If you ask me, we're spoiled as it is. It's the post-launch DLC that I'd personally pay more attention to.

My only worry with who's in the base roster and who's DLC is that DLC characters may not get involved in a possible story mode. 

Otherwise,  I'm good,  and praying that Phoenix Wright gets in the base game for such,  .....if only to right yet another wrong that Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite committed.

With that information out there, I do know this though. There WILL in fact be one more Smash Direct. Mostly it will touch on the unknown mode that people have deciphered as Spirits , but it will also touch on two or three more character reveals, more details about the other game modes, and probably announce two more stages: one returning and one brand new. Also like Nintendo did with Arms and Splatoon 2, they will announce some form of a Global Testpunch for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Edit: Before anyone tell me to link a source for this, keep in mind this is JUST a hypothesis(which I think is most likely correct and possible anyway).

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

We should frame this post and hang it somewhere

Its amazing how spoiled rotten we can be sometimes.

lol

Don't make me sound bad or feel guilty. That wasn't my intention to sound spoiled. In fact, I found that it was a little mean.

Just now, PublicEnemy1 said:

Don't make me sound bad or feel guilty. That wasn't my intention to sound spoiled. In fact, I found that it was a little mean.

Just poking fun bro. Apologies if it came across as cruel.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Ruomarta said:

With that information out there, I do know this though. There WILL in fact be one more Smash Direct. Mostly it will touch on the unknown mode that people have deciphered as Spirits , but it will also touch on two or three more character reveals, more details about the other game modes, and probably announce two more stages: one returning and one brand new. Also like Nintendo did with Arms and Splatoon 2, they will announce some form of a Global Testpunch for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Edit: Before anyone tell me to link a source for this, keep in mind this is JUST a hypothesis(which I think is most likely correct and possible anyway).

You can't claim something as fact and simultaneously claim it's also just an opinion. That's not how this works. Let's just call them what they are and agree this is educated guessing. If it's anything like Smash 4 then I'm sure one last information blowout will happen sometime between now and release, but exactly what they'll reveal - especially character wise - is anyone's guess.

• Thumbs Up 3

17 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Just poking fun bro. Apologies if it came across as cruel.

It's alright. I'm sorry I took it too seriously.

9 minutes ago, Blacklightning said:

You can't claim something as fact and simultaneously claim it's also just an opinion. That's not how this works. Let's just call them what they are and agree this is educated guessing. If it's anything like Smash 4 then I'm sure one last information blowout will happen sometime between now and release, but exactly what they'll reveal - especially character wise - is anyone's guess.

Actually, now that I'm ready over my post again, you're right. My mistake. I meant that as an hypothesis though.

• Nice Smile 1

Personally, I already have K. Rool, all of my Smash 4 mains, Wolf, and a bunch of stages I never thought I'd ever see again, so I'm more than satisfied as far as the roster is concerned already. (Especially given all the initial talk of the Switch Smash being a Smash 4 port with a "few" new characters. Well, it currently has over ten fighters that Smash 4 didn't, so I'd say those expectations are MORE than exceeded.)

That's why I'm currently leaning on the box theory being legit. If Incineroar and Ken really are the only ones left? Cool, I've still got all of the previously cited stuff, the possibility of DLC, and another of my starter Pokemon picks immortalized as a Smash character. If there's more than that? Fantastic, the more the better and I can get SUPER excited over an unexpected reveal.

The only completely new Fighter that's still on my wish list is Geno, anyway, and when I can say that the only character I'm still hoping to be in Smash Bros. is one who's only ever been important in a Mario spin-off from twenty years ago, I'd say that's pretty freaking good as far as I'm concerned.

• Thumbs Up 2

Do you think we will reach 80 fighters? Counting Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle as 3 different characters. I hope so, this is still called "Smash Ultimate" I don't want to expect too much, but the way they are hyping it, I kind of want all of my favorites in, including more third party characters.

14 minutes ago, I Love Sticks said:

Do you think we will reach 80 fighters? Counting Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle as 3 different characters. I hope so, this is still called "Smash Ultimate" I don't want to expect too much, but the way they are hyping it, I kind of want all of my favorites in, including more third party characters.

I say maybe...if you count post-release DLC.

We have 9 newcomers, 6 more is  a bit much considering bringing back everyone. Honestly from 1 party I just want Dixie and I'm content

Well, if I don't think about Assist Trophies. Krystal, Midna and....

Probably gonna be a unpopular idea but in terms of another Nintendo rep, I wouldn’t mind seeing Mario and Luigi as a duo (like Ice Climbers Or Rosalina) - as in the Superstar Saga and it’s sequels. I feel like allowing them to use their hammers, fire/electricity attacks, or even bros attacks could be enough to differate the two from the regular versions.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd settle for some M&L trophies. Besides music and obviously the character art for stickers in Brawl, there hasn't been much representation for the series in Smash and more would definitely be appreciated. Even if they stick to just recycling 3D models for the trophies, that still gives them a few options. (Giant Luigi + Mario from Dream Team/Paper Jam, Giant Bowser from Dream Team/Bowser's Inside Story DX, Shiny RoboBowser from Paper Jam, Cackletta's Soul from Superstar Saga DX...)

• Thumbs Up 3

Recent supposed leak says Sora AND Geno. And the Smash fandom is fucking livid at that possibility haha wow. People REALLY don’t wanna see Sora show up.

jesus, that 4chan topic reeks of toxic manchildren. Like I don’t believe this “leak”, but damn I’m not that salty over it

that said, the leak is shit and grammatically a mess. Billy just rekts it haha

Vergeben himself confirmed it was BS, so you can file that in the cabinet of "ridiculously thorough fake text leaks that someone bothered typing out instead of doing something more constructive with their time." That particular cabinet has gotten WAY too popular with Ultimate. I don't think I've seen another Smash with so many crock leaks.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Iron Kenny CC14 said:

I don't think I've seen another Smash with so many crock leaks.

That's because of how much the stakes got raised. Smash has never felt as welcoming as it currently is.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

That's because of how much the stakes got raised. Smash has never felt as welcoming as it currently is.

That and the very likely possibility the starting roster is almost fully revealed. Everyone has their own personal picks, not just the popular names, so people are on edge and anxious about who’s getting the final spots.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally, we've got some baller Ridley and DK gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

Finally? This video is pretty old...

Is it too much to think that we are getting 3 more newcomers? Outside of Echo Fighters, I mean. Usually with Directs, they announce 1 newcomer, if it's a Smash Direct even 2, the game releases in 2 months, but reveals can happen in early December as well.

Y'know I was wondering, if the Spirits mode is actually about bringing back popular fighters from the other side, do you think the Mii Fighters would be the main character you do that as? Like Miitopia kinda? I'd like that, as long as the other characters get more focus (assuming that's actually what the mode is about).

5 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

Is it too much to think that we are getting 3 more newcomers? Outside of Echo Fighters, I mean. Usually with Directs, they announce 1 newcomer, if it's a Smash Direct even 2, the game releases in 2 months, but reveals can happen in early December as well.

No, we could still get a one-off reveal in October. I'm leaning on that happening.

The only way we're getting a fighter in December is during the Game Awards. Which I can see happen, but I don't think its very likely, and even then, I'd argue if we get a Game Awards reveal it'd be a DLC reveal, because by then the game will have already had its contents spilled out for the world to see due to review copies going on.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

Good to see DK's FINALLY getting some buffs. He looks way bigger faster and stronger than ever before. 

Now if only Dedede could follow suit...

5 hours ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Y'know I was wondering, if the Spirits mode is actually about bringing back popular fighters from the other side, do you think the Mii Fighters would be the main character you do that as? Like Miitopia kinda? I'd like that, as long as the other characters get more focus (assuming that's actually what the mode is about).

Eh I'd hope not. I don't think the Mii fighters are a bad inclusion (though I might argue going full Wii Sports style rather than generic fighters would've been better) but they're really not what I play Smash for.

7 hours ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

No, in fact Mii Fighters probably wouldn't be involved at all. Instead it'd probably be the Original 8.

9 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

No, we could still get a one-off reveal in October. I'm leaning on that happening.

The only way we're getting a fighter in December is during the Game Awards. Which I can see happen, but I don't think its very likely, and even then, I'd argue if we get a Game Awards reveal it'd be a DLC reveal, because by then the game will have already had its contents spilled out for the world to see due to review copies going on.

I don't think they will announce more than 2 new unique fighters at the same time. I still think we are getting 3 more outside of Echos, and I'd like them to be: Skull Kid, Geno (this is more of a prediction, I don't actually like him) and Rayman (we need more 3rd party characters).

Then Echo Fighters, I'm not sure how many will be in the base game, but they could be: Funky Kong, Paper Mario, Ken and Shadow. I also want Octoling, Dixie and Impa, but they are more likely as DLC.

Unique DLC characters could be... anybody. But I just want Bandana Dee, Tails and Crash, the first 2 because in the SSF2 fangame they are really fun to play, and I love Tails and Crash so I want them in even though it's unlikely. I could also see Waluigi being added as DLC despite currently being an AT.

• Fist Bump 1