Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

1 hour ago, I Love Sticks said:

(we need more 3rd party characters)

We have plenty. Frankly I'd not at all be shocked if we're done with third-party characters pre-DLC. If we do have more I don't think we're getting more than one (unique, that is) at most.

As for the rest of your points, I completely agree that I don't see us getting more than two unique fighters revealed at the same time. That's why the only possible way we can get three at this point is if they have a one-off Robin-like reveal (or by some miracle there's a General Nintendo Direct in November, and October gives us a Smash Direct instead of the Smash Direct being in November).

• Thumbs Up 1

Billy did a final 20 guess/prediction list in his “rate their chances” series re rating a bunch of his character picks throughout his series. Sora got the biggest boost from him and seems, and snagged his number 6 position. So for me personally, that made me smile ha.

10 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

No, in fact Mii Fighters probably wouldn't be involved at all. Instead it'd probably be the Original 8.

So they'd be the only characters you can't unlock via that mode?

1 hour ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

So they'd be the only characters you can't unlock via that mode?

Considering they're the only starters, doesn't that make the most sense? Sakurai already said that the original 8 are the only characters available from the beginning (well, he said the Smash 64 roster, and implied it was the starting Smash 64 roster and doesn't include the unlockables).

6 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

Considering they're the only starters, doesn't that make the most sense? Sakurai already said that the original 8 are the only characters available from the beginning (well, he said the Smash 64 roster, and implied it was the starting Smash 64 roster and doesn't include the unlockables).

Oh, no, I meant the Mii Fighters being unlocked via that mode, my bad.

57 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Oh, no, I meant the Mii Fighters being unlocked via that mode, my bad.

Um, maybe? I have no idea how they're planning to handle Mii Fighters, tbh. I think it'd be weird that they'd be unlockable, though...

45 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

Um, maybe? I have no idea how they're planning to handle Mii Fighters, tbh. I think it'd be weird that they'd be unlockable, though...

Supposedly Sakurai has dialled back on the customization options for characters, and this is especially noticable with the Miis themselves - rather than being able to mix and match specials, instead you're choosing from nine predetermined movesets between the three Mii variants. With their signature gimmick gone, there's really no reason to have them unlockable from the start if you ask me.

Mii Spellcaster when tho

• Thumbs Up 1

I kind of hope that customizable moves aren't completely gone. I always thought it was a neat idea with just some crap execution in smash 4 (biggest offender being you couldn't even use them in the mode where it mattered most) and I honestly would like them back and more balanced this time around.

• Thumbs Up 2

I imaging custom moves for non-Mii characters are out, mostly due to the sheer volume of character. I'm fine with the Miis keeping the custom moves... maybe even expand it beyond special moves...? Probably not.

As for third-party characters, I kinda want another representative for Namco and Square and maybe a few echo fighters for the ones that don't have them. I feel that it'd be fair for each company to have equal representation. Would really, really like Crono to be Square's second, though Geno is probably more likely.

There was an old "leak" from around July that hinted to characters using descriptions rather than names. From what little I recall, I think some of those became mostly true, assuming the descriptions match the characters.

19 minutes ago, captobvious42 said:

There was an old "leak" from around July that hinted to characters using descriptions rather than names. From what little I recall, I think some of those became mostly true, assuming the descriptions match the characters.

You mean the "Codenames" leak?  Only four of them were true: K. Rool, Simon, Isabelle, Dark Samus

6 minutes ago, Tailikku said:

You mean the "Codenames" leak?  Only four of them were true: K. Rool, Simon, Isabelle, Dark Samus

Thus far, anyways. I know I should take it with a grain of salt.

Kinda buy the "Old Man = Heihachi" though, mostly because I think it'd make some sense for the Namco rep. 

New remix:

You can now listen to "Afternoon on the Island" from Tomodachi Life. Does it remind you of carefree island life? Or the various confessions of love you recieved there? Enjoy Masafumi Takada's arrangement.

I still really think that Sora is a long shot for one big reason. Disney

This is kind of a Goku case in that you'd introduce a character tied to multimedia that hasn't been in any mainline Final Fantasy but is only in Disney x Final Fantasy crossover games. And you know that his Final Smash would have to be one huge Disney reference. So how cheap would it be to work with Disney again? I mean his whole outfit is littered with (Not So) Hidden Mickeys. He's kind of got really tough luck to get in. That's not just a talk with Square, that's a talk with Disney. That's a rights issue I don't think Nintendo is down for. 

Geno is the likely one for a new Square Enix rep. Him or Sephiroth. 

But I mean, this isn't to dunk on Sora. I'm just being realistic. He's a long shot. You have more chances with Rayman who fans have been asking for pretty fervently since Artsy Omni's Smashified blew up as a leak. 

Seriously. Count on Rayman. Given that Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle sold really well I'm going to say that Ubisoft will lend their one and only true mascot to Nintendo this time. Rayman is a popular series with Nintendo. That's your next newcomer in the next Smash Direct. Maybe he will come with an Echo in Globox (though I'm kind of thinking Rayman will be a standalone fighter). Trailer will probably have Rayman and Kirby fighting side to side as Kirby visits the Glade of Dreams as Dark Matter causes problems alongside Mr. Dark. 

Only new Nintendo IP missing fighters is Arms which I'm surprised people keep overlooking. I mean, that's the only Nintendo IP that seems to fit for adding newcomers. The next newcomers may as well be Third Parties given the careful thought to be as inclusive as possible to video game icons. I'm kind of thinking Dixie Kong is due to be a Diddy Kong Echo if I'm also weighing in there. 

And Sonic is getting another rep or two given how long Sonic has been here. Tails, Shadow, Metal Sonic? Probably going retro and tied to Nintendo game history and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was really big on Gamecube. Only makes sense to have Shadow. But I'll be happy to see Tails regardless. Tails is as important to Sonic as Luigi is to Mario. Let the fox in. 

• Thumbs Up 5

I really really want Rayman in. And Tails, I know we have few spots left on the base roster, but what's stopping them from being DLC? They are actually very requested, and this game looks like it's trying to do the most fanservice possible, to please fans.

Also, when do you think we are getting news? Since that fighters playlist got updated and then deleted, I assume... soon?

6 hours ago, captobvious42 said:

It was fake. The only ones that were true were the most commonly suggested ones anyway. Keep in mind the "codename leak" also had months characters were supposed to be revealed, and its been universally wrong.

5 hours ago, captobvious42 said:

Thus far, anyways. I know I should take it with a grain of salt.

Kinda buy the "Old Man = Heihachi" though, mostly because I think it'd make some sense for the Namco rep. 

You'd better start ignoring it. Like 99% of "leaks" out there are fake. Of course some are going to be partially right, because of how many characters there are. If you list off a bunch of the most-talked about characters, you're GOING to get some right. That doesn't mean they have ANY credibility, though.

Just give up on it, you're completely wasting your time. You don't need stupid "leaks" to think Heihachi could still happen (personally I don't think we're getting a new Namco character base roster, though).

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, LongcrierCat said:

I still really think that Sora is a long shot for one big reason. Disney

This is kind of a Goku case...

And you just gave two reasons why Sora won't get in.

With Disney, this is because whlie Kingdom Hearts is made by Square-Enix, Disney still owns the original characters.  Heck, they nixed the idea of a KH fighter which was then converted into Dissidia.

Second, say it with me now:

c39.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Ahem. For those who don't know, apparently the Japanese playlist for Smash character videos has recently been updated just a few days ago, hinting that there's something new and "Unlisted" in there.

What's more, the "New" symbol from the Fighters list on the Smash Bros Ultimate website has been removed. Could be potentially hinting at something new to come soon.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Tailikku said:

Second, say it with me now:

c39.png

God damn it, it's a third time you posted this poster here. Do you really thing it gets funnier every time?

It's not clever or well crafted, you're just being rude ass to DB fans.

I DON'T want Goku in Smash, but every time I see idiotic poster I ever so slowly changing my mind just to not me associated with guys like you.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Absolutely 1

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

God damn it, it's a third time you posted this poster here. Do you really thing it gets funnier every time?

Yeah, the only person beating a dead horse on this forum is you Taili. Anytime someone whips the G word on this topic as part of any kind of arguement in a forum is no excuse to throw repeat your words. We Get it Already. If there are other people outside this people who still want him, do yourself a favor and just ignore them. Please.

As for Sora, the constant repeating of "Disney won't allow it" is almost just as annoying. I myself feel that there's many other fighters that should be confirmed before he is, and Disney is at the the bottom of my list of reasons why.

Does any of Sora's guest apperence in other Square games automatically label them as property of Disney?

No. It doesn't.

Sora shouldn't dare be compared to Goku (except for maybe their spiky hair) because unlike him, Sora has, first and formost, debued as a video game character. If Square can put him in World of Final Fantasy without the world erupting, Nintendo can do that too.

However...

Only new Nintendo IP missing fighters is Arms which I'm surprised people keep overlooking. I mean, that's the only Nintendo IP that seems to fit for adding newcomers. The next newcomers may as well be Third Parties given the careful thought to be as inclusive as possible to video game icons. I'm kind of thinking Dixie Kong is due to be a Diddy Kong Echo if I'm also weighing in there. 

The fact remains that Super Smash Bros is a Nintendo crossover. Not a Every Game Company in the World crossover. If you are all looking more forward to whatever third-party character among dozens than you are for perhaps another Nintendo character from an already represented IP, then y'all better brace yourselves for dissapointment.

/Rant

So long as Disney don't extend to the point where they can screw with the Ultimate, the same way they screwed MvCI along with Capcom, I'm personally fine with Sora getting in after Phoenix Wright (my top priority).

• Thumbs Up 2

43 minutes ago, SupahBerry said:

Yeah, the only person beating a dead horse on this forum is you Taili. Anytime someone whips the G word on this topic as part of any kind of arguement in a forum is no excuse to throw repeat your words. We Get it Already. If there are other people outside this people who still want him, do yourself a favor and just ignore them. Please.

As for Sora, the constant repeating of "Disney won't allow it" is almost just as annoying. I myself feel that there's many other fighters that should be confirmed before he is, and Disney is at the the bottom of my list of reasons why.

Does any of Sora's guest apperence in other Square games automatically label them as property of Disney?

No. It doesn't.

Sora shouldn't dare be compared to Goku (except for maybe their spiky hair) because unlike him, Sora has, first and formost, debued as a video game character. If Square can put him in World of Final Fantasy without the world erupting, Nintendo can do that too.

However...

The fact remains that Super Smash Bros is a Nintendo crossover. Not a Every Game Company in the World crossover. If you are all looking more forward to whatever third-party character among dozens than you are for perhaps another Nintendo character from an already represented IP, then y'all better brace yourselves for dissapointment.

/Rant

Not really a rant it's TRUE. I think the few guest they do add leads fans to think any and everyone should be added.  me mys want shantae but even if shes not in it it's fine. But some are acting as if certain characters SHOULD be in it. And then rage when they are not

• Nice Smile 1

They did put Sora in World of Final Fantasy, which I believe is the first spin-off he's appeared in. I don't think that game had anything to do with Disney, either, so I think it's more likely now than it was before.

Anyways another piece of Smash Bros. packaging (Japanese one this time) has shown two empty spots again, like the Special Edition box. It's looking more likely that there are only two characters left (one Echo and one full fighter). The rumors are Ken and Incineroar, which is kinda whatever for me, but I can't really complain given all the work put into the game already.

Still want Shadow, Isaac and Elma though >:V

• Thumbs Up 1

Disney has done partnerships with Nintendo plenty in the past, and Sora has appeared in other media outside his own. So I really don’t get why people act like Sora getting in would be some Herculean miracle along the lines of fucking Goku. Also, his outfit isn’t really littered with hidden mickeys. Looking at his 2 and 3 design they seem pretty original 

From the sound of it, Disney isn’t that stingey and stubborn about the idea 

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

Ahem. For those who don't know, apparently the Japanese playlist for Smash character videos has recently been updated just a few days ago, hinting that there's something new and "Unlisted" in there.

What's more, the "New" symbol from the Fighters list on the Smash Bros Ultimate website has been removed. Could be potentially hinting at something new to come soon.

That usually means that ten days from then is the announcement date. 

October 10th, huh? Last time I got a Smash reveal landing on my birthday was in 2008 and Sonic got announced. Could it be fate?

Keep your eyes out for the unlisted music leaks, people. Let me know if a Glade of Dreams gets leaked. 

• Nice Smile 1

18 hours ago, LongcrierCat said:

Seriously. Count on Rayman. Given that Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle sold really well I'm going to say that Ubisoft will lend their one and only true mascot to Nintendo this time. Rayman is a popular series with Nintendo. That's your next newcomer in the next Smash Direct. Maybe he will come with an Echo in Globox (though I'm kind of thinking Rayman will be a standalone fighter). Trailer will probably have Rayman and Kirby fighting side to side as Kirby visits the Glade of Dreams as Dark Matter causes problems alongside Mr. Dark. 

It seems doubtful that the Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle sales would factor into Rayman's inclusion, given that the roster was decided quite some time before that game even came out. Rayman would be neat, but you sound strangely confident in this. Is there really any concrete reason to expect him?

• Thumbs Up 5