Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Fuck Italy, Sonic characters sure aren't popular where I live. Meanwhile Shadow is one of the most requested in the rest of the world... ;)

5 hours ago, Solly said:

It seems doubtful that the Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle sales would factor into Rayman's inclusion, given that the roster was decided quite some time before that game even came out. Rayman would be neat, but you sound strangely confident in this. Is there really any concrete reason to expect him?

I think the fact that Nintendo and Ubisoft produced games together like Kingdom Battle and had collaborations alone makes it quite likely that Rayman will join the roster. 

I still think it’d be a bit weird to have rayman show up in two party fighters. I mean it seems counter intuitive to have him in a Smash clone, when he’s also just showing up in Smash itself...that’s why I’m skeptical of his chances. That, and well, his hype just sorta died down when compared to a lot of other discussed choices 

So that's just a fan baller? If so it speaks no louder than yt videos asking for jojo for some reason lol

32 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

So that's just a fan baller? If so it speaks no louder than yt videos asking for jojo for some reason lol

Not everything posted here has to relate to indicating a characters chances. Sometimes it can be fun to just see a character you’re a fan of getting a lot of recognition and desire from other people worldwide.:/

True but that also leads to fans be very vocal in Nintendo post angry when a character they want is not shown off. It's why I ALWAYS make sure I tell my shantae fanbase to never over hype themselves over something that probably wont happen  but we can still have hope and that way if it doesnt come true to not flame Nintendo over it all over youtube

15 hours ago, Solly said:

It seems doubtful that the Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle sales would factor into Rayman's inclusion, given that the roster was decided quite some time before that game even came out. Rayman would be neat, but you sound strangely confident in this. Is there really any concrete reason to expect him?

Nintendo loves to defy expectations. I didn't think King K. Rool fans would get a pleasant surprise but with Daisy, Ridley, and King K. Rool all finally getting their shots as Smash Fighters, it's safe to say that as long as the game characters don't have strange copyright problems that they're up to bat for a turn. 

What's more unexpected than a really weird French game mascot that is unlike anything else these days? Sakurai is unpredictable and likes to surprise people. I kind of expect to get a first hand trolling like K. Rool fans did too. 

And fwiw, the sales factors are absolutely a factor in winning Ubisoft's trust to borrow an IP of theirs. They only do things if it makes them bank. Also remember, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games was announced and people denied that Sonic would get in to Smash. Then October 10th, 2018 happened. 

32 minutes ago, LongcrierCat said:

Then October 10th, 2018 happened. 

(Puts reminder on my calender app) Done! What time can we expect them to drop the Shadow reveal that day?

51 minutes ago, LongcrierCat said:

Nintendo loves to defy expectations. I didn't think King K. Rool fans would get a pleasant surprise but with Daisy, Ridley, and King K. Rool all finally getting their shots as Smash Fighters, it's safe to say that as long as the game characters don't have strange copyright problems that they're up to bat for a turn. 

What's more unexpected than a really weird French game mascot that is unlike anything else these days? Sakurai is unpredictable and likes to surprise people. I kind of expect to get a first hand trolling like K. Rool fans did too. 

And fwiw, the sales factors are absolutely a factor in winning Ubisoft's trust to borrow an IP of theirs. They only do things if it makes them bank. Also remember, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games was announced and people denied that Sonic would get in to Smash. Then October 10th, 2018 happened. 

Sales might factor into it, but not in the case you described. Again, the roster for Smash Ultimate would've been decided long before Kingdom Battle was out or perhaps even a thing. It won't have been a factor.

The Mario and Sonic example I don't think really relates here because I don't think that game's sales had anything to do with Sonic being in Smash - it was just SEGA being awkward at the last minute and being like "go on theeeeeen". 

• Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, LongcrierCat said:

Nintendo loves to defy expectations. I didn't think King K. Rool fans would get a pleasant surprise but with Daisy, Ridley, and King K. Rool all finally getting their shots as Smash Fighters, it's safe to say that as long as the game characters don't have strange copyright problems that they're up to bat for a turn. What's more unexpected than a really weird French game mascot that is unlike anything else these days? Sakurai is unpredictable and likes to surprise people. I kind of expect to get a first hand trolling like K. Rool fans did too.  

I'm taking that as a "no" to my initial question, then. 

It's one thing to expect a surprise, but it's another to baselessly tell people to "count on" a character appearing. Doesn't it make more sense to keep expectations in-check rather than set yourself up for potential disappointment?

45 minutes ago, LongcrierCat said:

You missed my point. 

I'm saying that there was, in all likelihood, literally not enough time for the Mario & Rabbids sales to be a factor. That game came out late last year, while the roster was probably finalized in late 2015-early 2016, based on what Sakurai has stated about the design document. Granted, this isn't infallible as there have been exceptions to this sort of "rule" (if you want to call it that) in the past, but there's a reason you aren't seeing a lot of people currently predicting ARMS or Xenoblade 2 characters, as nice as they would be. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Gonna be honest and say that I hadn't been putting a lot of stock into the music theory these past few months, since it could wind up debunked on any random weekday, but it's one of those rumors that has survived long enough to be at least worth considering.

It precludes a Pokemon newcomer, which is interesting. Even ignoring the fact that Incineroar has been heavily-rumored, I'd reckon most people have been expecting a new fighter from that franchise. 

22 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

New song:

Now we just need Ego and Superego.

Came here to post this and to also say that this means the music theory is outright dead. :V

Sakurai mentioned that Fire Emblem would be getting quite a few tracks this time around.

Since I prioritized the composers’ requests, there was a little bit of imbalance and overlapping, but I thought it was best to have them arrange music that they liked. This time, the Castlevania and Mega Man series were both very popular, so there are a lot of new arrangements. Fire Emblem also received a surprisingly large number of tracks thanks to one person in particular.

I hope we see some remixes from Ike's games. The Tellius duology has some amazing music. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Might as well post the culmination of that big Smash reddit ballot since there's nothing much else to talk about:

resultsnewcomer.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9ld79u/day_3434_results_randomized_smash_ultimate_poll/

There was a unique fighter bracket, and an echo bracket. The ballot runner also included interesting trivia:

Over 50,000 votes cast by over 20,000 unique participants, just over the course of the rounds that took place on the site.

• 89% of participants that always voted for Lloyd also always voted for Isaac except for their match up, 68% of participants that always voted for Isaac also always voted for Lloyd except for their match up.
  • Around 30% of participants always vote against sword fighters. (The data suggests this, but we also don't have enough data to really claim that this is always the case.)
  • Over 40,000 botted votes were submitted, and over 15,000 votes were submitted by people trying to cheat using Incognito mode or different browsers.
  • Isaac receives considerably more support from Europe than from the US, while Geno's support stems almost exclusively from the US.
  • 58% of survey takers came from the US, 33% came from Europe, 5% came from SEA, 3% came from China, Korea, and Japan.
  • The characters with the most brigaders were Sora (more than half his voters came from non-reddit referrers) and Phoenix Wright (a third of his voters came from non-reddit referrers).
  • The most heavily botted character by far was Banjo, with almost half of all botted votes being submitted in his favor.
  • The least botted characters (relative to genuine votes received) were Isaac and Lloyd.
  • The poll was most popular on Reddit (40% of all votes), Twitter (29% of all votes), and Discord (11% of all votes).
  • Phoenix and Lloyd voters were the ones least likely to vote against the characters that defeated them, with less than one tenth of each voting against the characters that beat them in the rounds that followed.
  • Sora voters were the ones most likely to vote against the characters that defeated them, with almost 60% of them voting against Isaac in all subsequent match ups.
  • Matches 61 and 62 were the most heavily botted polls by far, receiving more than half of all botted votes.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Over 40,000 botted votes were submitted, and over 15,000 votes were submitted by people trying to cheat using Incognito mode or different browsers. "

Only I'm depressed by those numbers? It was just popularity voting, there was nothing to win.

Overall I'm not surprised too much by the outcome, with exception of Shantae being 17th, below Rayman, Amaterasu (Okami), Crash and even Waddle Dee and god damn Chibi-Robo. Also, zero love for (Captain) Toad. ZERO!

As for Echo Tournament

dK4bhzPBB9BMYVskfB3X57KQJQHcTt2pZKqTEI6t

Shadow wins! High five!

Looks alright (although who even mentioned Hilda? How about Impa-Sheik instead?). I'm just disappointed with Funky being considered instead of Cranky. I know silhouette favors Funky, but Cranky is THE original Donkey Kong. Wouldn't it be hilarious see old monkey punch with a DK strength?

• Thumbs Up 1

Zero love for Toad? There's zero love for Tails. My boy got screwed. JUSTICE FOR TAILS! Mario has his Luigi and Sonic has his Tails! #TAILSFORSMASH #TAILSDIDNOTHINGWRONG!

Tails said "true dat" and is therefore disqualified from any and all Super Smash Bros. Ultimate polls now and forever

Surprised to see Isaac so high up, honestly. Nice to know other people want him in Smash! Shadow winning the Echo poll makes me happy, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Tails said "true dat" and is therefore disqualified from any and all Super Smash Bros. Ultimate polls now and forever

If Ryan Reynolds can come back from the awfulness of Green Lantern and get to Deadpool, I'm sure my boy can come back from that 😎

• Chuckle 1

Yknow, a lot of these fake/popularly discussed leaks that include Sora, seem to be claiming his stage would be Dive to the Heart...but that doesn’t make sense, considering Donald and Goofy are very clearly on his station of awakening and are key parts to it? Honestly, Destiny Islands, Twilight Town, TWTNW or hell, even the realm of darkness itself I’d say would be more interesting and viable stages.

7 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

Doomguy at 16th place for newcomer? Not bad at all.

Yup, Phoenix Wright actually had a pretty close match with him.

Interesting nugget from the latest Smash blog update: the featured Fighter is my trusty Smash 4 main, Greninja, and the post has confirmed that he has received a new Final Smash: Transforming into Ash-Greninja!

Strange... It's unusual that there would be a transformation involved when most final smashes are redone to be faster and more flashy. I don't think Greninja's final smash really needs any change, seeing as it's fast and flashy already, so I suspect this is simply a cosmetic change for it.

I am really, really happy Ash-Greninja is in Smash now. I actually had a feeling they changed his Final Smash to that since they didn't show it in his showcase video (same with Robin, which made me think Chrom would be an Echo Fighter).

Hoooooo boy I just love the Pokémon Anime and it's awesome to see more of it in Smash!

• Thumbs Up 1