Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

I do like this leak, it's original, it has who I want in plus a few surprises. I think a couple of stages and bosses also leaked, but I sure hope there are more bosses than that.

I'd also like to note that this was all leaked through a Snapchat. Hence why all we have are blurry images- but the additional proofs I provided have me convinced. Physical, in-store merchandising is rather hard to fake, and the dude is a graphic designer for game companies.

What further is convincing me is there's also promotion material for The Grinch on his desk. That's a lot of crap that'd have to be faked. I do believe this is our ESRB 2 leak. And I'm extremely happy about this one.

• Thumbs Up 1

We interrupt your speculation for a musical interlude:

But I'd be perfectly fine with having Shadow and Banjo in.

• Thumbs Up 1

If this is in ANY WAY true, I am an ETERNALLY happy panda. With K. Rool, Geno, Shadow, AND THE RETURN OF FREAKING BANJO AND KAZOOIE TO A NINTENDO PLATFORM, it's like this roster was custom made for me. Still gonna remain skeptical for the chance that it's just as bogus as so many other leaks, but all the proof does make me believe it a bit more.

I highly doubt that's true at all but if it is, then outside of Shadow and Ken, it's pretty gross and disappointing. Not on board at all.

• Fist Bump 1

3 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

I highly doubt that's true at all but if it is, then outside of Shadow and Ken, it's pretty gross and disappointing. Not on board at all.

You're definitely in the minority there.

An interesting idea is that legit or not, that still might not even be the final roster.

I think it likely is, tbh. THat's marketing print material shown in the proof image. That stuff isn't usually printed until the end of development due to costs.

So, have assist trophies ever been added as DLC, or can we be certain that DLC would be characters and/or stages?

If this is the final roster, then it's pretty damn amazing if you ask me. I may have little personal interest in most of the allegedly leaked characters, but I recognise that many of them are fan favourites. Then of course we have a good dose of wild cards too.

• Thumbs Up 4

Also. If People still are not happy with this roster, there is still the possibility for upcoming DLC. I'm almost 100% that this will be the case. I mean sure, Sora, Crash Bandicoot, Shantae would have been cool. But DLCs could still be a thing. And hey, Sonic fans will get Shadow, the second most popular canon character of the series. I mean, what else could you fans ask for?

BTW. If this roster is really true, than I'm actually very surprised that Rayman didn't made it in, especially now that Ubisoft and Nintendo are on such good terms right now. 

So, how do you think: how long this topic would be without us commenting on every leak? 20 pages? 10? Just wonderin'...

• Thumbs Up 1

Why is every picture blurry in the year 2018...that's what makes these leaks hard for me to believe. Is it really that difficult to get a good picture in this day and age. It's like freaking Nessie sightings XD

Hm, if this is legit, I'll be a bit disappointed. Only one of those characters is on my hype list (though they're very high up the list) and the rest range from "not my thing but sure why not" to duds that I couldn't care less about.

I can't really say much about how believable it is, besides that...the choices almost feel a little too safe?

Spoiler

Like, none of these characters come entirely out of nowhere. Most of them have been placing very high on fan polls. Chorus Kids were a popular rumor for Smash 4. Mach Rider is the only one close to being a real surprise but supposedly Sakurai considered him as far back as Melee (and did include music and a trophy representing the series).

Maybe that doesn't mean anything, since it does feel like they've paid more attention to fan requests this time, but I was still kind of expecting at least one real shocker.

Okay I know the picture is blurred but

Spoiler

Why does Banjo's pose look like the one from Smashfied? 

Shadow making it in is pretty cool.

Also low-key hoping Phoenix Wright gets in as DLC at least.

Oh man, what a thing to wake up to. I don't want to get my hopes up too much, because if this does somehow end up being fake then I'd be really disappointed. So I'll remain cautiously optimistic about this being legit.

Spoiler

With that being said though, if this does turn out to be the actual final roster, then wow, I would be extremely happy! Banjo and Kazooie getting in would be a dream come true for me. Shadow and Ken being in as Echo Fighters wouldn't be too surprising, but still awesome nonetheless. I'd also be pretty happy about Geno. Mach Rider seems like a perfect WTF retro addition like Dunt Hunt was for Smash 4.

I'm trying to temper my excitement, but oh man, I really want this to be true. Especially since I was only expecting one or two characters left.

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

So, how do you think: how long this topic would be without us commenting on every leak? 20 pages? 10? Just wonderin'...

This. As much as this recent one has some kind of effort behind it (not completely, blurred photo in the current year is laughable to say the least), the amount of fake leaks have been depressingly increasing for the last weeks and this thread has been too bloated for its own good in wasting time chasing around ghosts. It's the same of when the Spyro Reignited Trilogy wasn't even announced and yet months and months of posts in a thread were made for no reason and with flimsy justifications.

31 minutes ago, JezMM said:

I hate to be an old fart but the only time I'll complain about people's desire for instant gratification is when shit gets leaked. Sakurai and his team work their arses off and most folks aren't even the slightest bit interested in letting them unveil content at the pace they intended. I know a game like Smash isn't on the same level as spoiling a story-driven game's details etc, but it still feels very disrespectful. In this case, regarding the work that goes into making the pre-release content so exciting, such as character trailers. They're art too.

Also this. I distinctly remember Sakurai not being happy at all when the leak for Sm4sh at the end of the summer ruined the lineup, to the point of multiple people being fired, and i don't blame him. Smash has become now the patron of a vulture culture that bloats the hype of screens and rumors to no end and then allows people to feel justified in blaming companies for when their expectations are not met, like the (multiple) cases of Nintendo Direct date news.
There's speculation and then there's obsession. Everyone on the Internet needs to calm the fuck down.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Too Many Rings 1

I mean...

Xbox's Phil Spencer had mentioned before that he wouldn't mind to see Banjo in Smash before so I can totally believe this happening. 

And Mach Rider I'd love to see, so I hope this leak is true. It looks like it is but you never know with Smash.