Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Don't buy it.  No Pokemon reps...  This has never happened before.  And Gen 7 was Pokemon's most successful commercially.  No way there won't be an Alolan rep.  At the very least, it will be Incineroar like Vergeben said, or else it will probably be Decidueye, Zeraora (Those two are my hopes), Silvally, Lycanroc, an Ultra Beast or one of the Tapus.

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

So, have assist trophies ever been added as DLC, or can we be certain that DLC would be characters and/or stages?

No.  Though that couldn't potentially stop it from happening this time (I also expect more costumes and hopefully music).

43 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

This. As much as this recent one has some kind of effort behind it (not completely, blurred photo in the current year is laughable to say the least)

That is one thing that bugs me with leaks. How can in this year we still have blurry as all hell leaks. It's 2018 coming on 2019. Not to mention you take just one far away shot and not a bunch of close shots? You set all this up but have only .30 seconds to just take a picture? 

• Promotion 1

Another thing that bothers me is why go to a Bandai-Namco marketing agent when you could easily work with one of Nintendo's partners.  I think Sakurai still has trust issues from the ESRB leak and won't go all willy-nilly with who he lets see this sensitive information.

1 hour ago, dbzfan7 said:

Why is every picture blurry in the year 2018...that's what makes these leaks hard for me to believe. Is it really that difficult to get a good picture in this day and age. It's like freaking Nessie sightings XD

It's a screengrab from a Snapchat video.

1 hour ago, Demon Hunter Ellipsis said:

Okay I know the picture is blurred but

Reveal hidden contents

Why does Banjo's pose look like the one from Smashfied? 

Shadow making it in is pretty cool.

Also low-key hoping Phoenix Wright gets in as DLC at least.

Spoiler

It doesn't. You can't see Banjo very well, but Kazooie's pose is completely different.

4 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Another thing that bothers me is why go to a Bandai-Namco marketing agent when you could easily work with one of Nintendo's partners.  I think Sakurai still has trust issues from the ESRB leak and won't go all willy-nilly with who he lets see this sensitive information.

It's not a "Namco agent", it's just a general marketing company that happens to be being used for Smash Bros in France. Nintendo likely use similar companies given how many regions they cover all the time. That's just... basic marketing. Of course they get access to it first, they need to figure out how they're going to market the bloody thing, and that takes time. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

I already heard that. Doesn't change how it's just so convenient we still have blurry footage in pics in the high definition age. As well as conveniently not taking close shots. I think the leak sounds credible but it just bugs me how even a credible and possibly real leak, has to have the trappings of a fake leak. 

4 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

It's not a "Namco agent", it's just a general marketing company that happens to be being used for Smash Bros in France. Nintendo likely use similar companies given how many regions they cover all the time. That's just... basic marketing. Of course they get access to it first, they need to figure out how they're going to market the bloody thing, and that takes time. 

From what I've read they have a history with marketing for Namco.  I haven't seen anything suggesting they released promotional material for Nintendo in the past.  I'm also very skeptical of image and text leaks.  Give me a video then we can talk.

9 minutes ago, Marcello said:

That doesn't bother anyone else?  Snapchat literally seems like the last thing I would use to create leaking material, tbh.

I don't think the person meant to leak it. To me it looks like the leaker just meant to make a photo about bring at work.

@Marcello Saw that.

Also worth noting is that some people see KOS-MOS from XenoSaga on there

Smash Roster

She most recently appeared in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (A Nintendo Game) so anything is possible

Nintendo Actu (french nintendo fansite) managed to confirm that the company shown in the leak is indeed working with Nintendo on Smash Bros Ultimate
IT'S REAL

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-massive-potential-smash-ultimate-leak-allegedly-reveals-every-character.76702/page-30#post-14144485

Another English Tweet from them:

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess that if we get KOS-MOS, at the very least I'll get Isaac and a pretty sweet and capable waifu:

59 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Don't buy it.  No Pokemon reps...  This has never happened before.

To be fair, quite a bit of stuff that's never happened before for a Smash game seems to be happening here. 

And there's also the chance that the banner (hopefully) isn't the final base roster, especially if the rumor of at least directs coming next month is true. 

Just hoping things will be alWright in the end. 

8 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Apparently the leaker might be a former  employee. Would certainly explain why he or she would throw NDA caution to the wind about getting fired. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

To be fair, quite a bit of stuff that's never happened before for a Smash game seems to be happening here. 

And there's also the chance that the banner (hopefully) isn't the final base roster, especially if the rumor of at least directs coming next month is true. 

Just hoping things will be alWright in the end. 

*alright

Okay I agree with you. (PS I knew what you did there)

5 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

(PS I knew what you did there)

I'm intensely frustrated that he's not there in this legit looking leak,  though admittedly,  that's more because of Capcom's inflated false promises,  ineptitude, and habit of dropping the ball more than frustration with Sakurai.

Still,  hoping he's in the base roster if there's a story mode. If a story mode comes later then I'm fine with him coming in as a DLC fighter. 

Nonetheless @tailsBOOM! And @Teoskaven, congrats on getting Issac if this turns out to be real. 

1540365736762.png

Is it just me or does that look like a Legend of Zelda fairy a bit above Chrom (Far right, Does this "Leak" "reveal" Skull Kid)

10 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Also worth noting is that some people see KOS-MOS from XenoSaga on there

*snip*

She most recently appeared in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (A Nintendo Game) so anything is possible

At least some of that outline is just light peeking through the clouds in the background. It's hard to say for sure given how blurry and distorted it is but I think it's still just Sheik there as in the officially released image.

1 minute ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Is it just me or does that look like a Legend of Zelda fairy a bit above Chrom (Far right, Does this "Leak" "reveal" Skull Kid)

That's the Duck Hunt duck.

17 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

I guess that if we get KOS-MOS, at the very least I'll get Isaac and a pretty sweet and capable waifu:

Ah,  so there's our Fighter No. 69 candidate then.  Lol.

• Chuckle 1

51 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Eh, XC2 probably isn't the best basis for that any more than Chain of Memories was before Cloud was announced. Xenosaga I+II were remade for the DS years ago (in Japan) so I think she'd still be viable, but I have my doubts she was in the running for the base game if she was at all.

That said, if we get Xeno characters as DLC, I think she'd be a good pick alongside Elma and Rex & Pyra (Fei will continue to be locked in a basement at Square-Enix).

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

I think that the "leak" could contain KOS-MOS because the angles don't seem right for Sheik

Actually looking at it again I think you're right that it's not Sheik; I think she's been moved down and to the left, along the seam where two pictures were stitched together. I'm not sure what is there, though, if anything; it doesn't look like KOS-MOS to me but it's not like I've got any better guesses.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's just clouds

proxy.png?width=639&height=500

proxy.png

Very easy mistake to make but the art without the characters on it leaked too and..yeah.