Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

I have no vendetta against them using a stage from a Sonic game I was disappointed by. 

I don't care so long as we're not given another Green Hill Zone/Clone. 

However, that's what's gonna happen so...

• Chuckle 1

Anyone got any ideas as for a name for the game? I was thinking Super Smash Bros Clash or Super Smash Bros Rumble.
I could see Rumble working. Now we just need "HD Ice Cubes" as a fighter or assist trophy.
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

Hey, Nicalis made this tweet.

I'd just like to say this is 99% talking about Brawlout, not Smash.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Something I just realized. If Link being his BOTW incarnation means a change in miveset, this could mean other returning chars could have new movesets, meaning certain clone characters like Toon Link won’t be clones anymore. 

• Nice Smile 1

I'm an idiot and misread the post, disregard.

Edited by Blacklightning

I just saw the trailer, there is no way this is a brand  new game, not because I don't own a Switch so I'm totally jealous XD

But because it releases in 2018, if it was a new game it would have taken a lot more time to develop, I don't know when they started working on it, but I thought at least 2019 and not this year, so this is a surprise.

1 hour ago, Jack of Tangles said:

I don't know when they started working on it

Sometime back in 2016, a month or two before the final balancing patches for Smash 4. So somewhere in the ballpark of two years - which for a new Smash game, really isn't all that unusual.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

28951881_10215821300432342_7622893856010

Keep them in their Freelancer class, pull moves from the other classes like the Valkyrie's Jump and the Salve-Maker's Feel No Pain to form parts of their kit, have them all be alts to on another.

Make their neutral B the Brave/Default mechanic itself, where they can store Brave Counters with a special Default parry, then unleash them all in the Brave state where their next few attacks either have enormous FAF buffs or their endlag cut in half or more.

You know you want this. C'mon Square, you know Disney won't fork over Sora.

• Thumbs Up 3

We'll also probably have a better idea of the roster, too (#PleaseTailsPleaseTailsPleaseTails)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I'm kinda scared now, if Mega Man, Pac-Man, Sonic don't return the game would lose A LOT, even losing Ryu and Cloud would be a pity, I'm really hoping they all return, how big are the chances? I want more third parties as well, Tails would be the absolute top for me, Bomberman too. Now for this reason I'm hoping it is a port rather than a new game so they don't cut these characters like they did with Snake. It also needs more interesting modes IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Sonic strike me as having a good chance of returning; Pac-Man because of his proximity to the game's creation, Sonic because of his Nintendo-based popularity, and Mega Man because he's cut from the same cloth and has games coming out.  Ryu and Cloud, on the other hand, are more difficult to predict; I'd say it depends on how far this game leans towards "port/remaster" versus "completely new game."  Smash 4's roster was a dream scenario and it'll be very difficult for an iterative sequel to come back with much less.

• Thumbs Up 2

My dream (Thanks to Mike Darklighter on YouTube):

#pleasetailpleasetailspleasetailspleasetails

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/25/2018 at 6:20 AM, FFWF said:

Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Sonic strike me as having a good chance of returning; Pac-Man because of his proximity to the game's creation, Sonic because of his Nintendo-based popularity, and Mega Man because he's cut from the same cloth and has games coming out.  Ryu and Cloud, on the other hand, are more difficult to predict; I'd say it depends on how far this game leans towards "port/remaster" versus "completely new game."  Smash 4's roster was a dream scenario and it'll be very difficult for an iterative sequel to come back with much less.

Bandai-Namco isn't helping out this time, though...

On 3/25/2018 at 6:20 AM, FFWF said:

Ryu has a better chance than Pac-Man because he is a fighting game character and has a long history with Nintendo.  Ryu is a fan-favorite to put in most every fighting game that Capcom can get him in, so I don't see him being removed for Smash for Switch

On 3/25/2018 at 5:52 AM, Jack the Maniac said:

I'm kinda scared now, if Mega Man, Pac-Man, Sonic don't return the game would lose A LOT, even losing Ryu and Cloud would be a pity, I'm really hoping they all return, how big are the chances? I want more third parties as well, Tails would be the absolute top for me, Bomberman too. Now for this reason I'm hoping it is a port rather than a new game so they don't cut these characters like they did with Snake. It also needs more interesting modes IMO.

Give our boy some love (Sonic and Tails for the Smash win!). #pleasetailspleasetailspleasetails

Just because a company isn’t helping out (to our knowledge anyway) doesn’t mean their characters can’t appear. SEGA and Konami didn’t work on Brawl and their characters got in.

No, it's a good point.  I'm sure Namco-Bandai helping out on the previous Smash helped to smooth the way for Pac-Man's entry into the game.  With that said, do we know yet for certain that they aren't helping with Smash Switch?

• Thumbs Up 1

People are assuming that because their name isn’t in the copyright but some people pointed out that they weren’t in the copyright for the last one until pac-Man was announced.

The greatest rematch of the century, will it happen at this Smash Bros Invitational?!

Huh... It reminds me of the time Dunkey beat Sky in Smash.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

1 hour ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

^Who are those two and why should I care? O_o

Sky Williams is a popular YouTuber and streamer, who is actually part of the professional Smash Bros scene.

Videogamedunkey is another popular YouTuber and streamer, who isn't a pro at all.

In a 1v1, Dunkey beat Sky in Smash.

It's been passed around as a meme that Dunkey beat Sky in Smash. In fact, it's one of the things Sky has become known for. A rematch in a later video still heralded Dunkey as the undefeated champ.

So now Sky is calling another rematch at an official tournament.

...it's an internet joke :v

• Thumbs Up 1