Sonictrainer

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - PLEASE SPOILER TAG LEAKS

I can’t believe how many people are actually jumping on the “Nintendo are probably forcing gamexplain to stay silent” train because they don’t personally buy into the leak. Like are people that simple minded on how sponsorships work? I heavily doubt 1. They’re staying silent to keep cheeky with Nintendo, they’ve shit on them before and 2. They secretly believe it 

Square Enix, the most secretive of companies it seems, when the monsters Inc world got leaked for KH3 didn’t cut their sponsorships with KH YouTubers who talked about it, nor were they pressured into staying quiet regarding it. So honestly, as “shady” as GX are being I personally believe they simply just either have a source they believe saying it’s fake or just think it’s fake given the fake leaks we’ve gotten before.

Their reaction to this leak has just been so out of GameXplain's M.O. compared to all the other times stuff has leaked. They're "supposed" to explain; they haven't explained shit.

If you were to go look at a reputable source that has made their mark on thoroughly explaining stuff to a meticulous degree while weighing the pros and cons, if that source were to respond with "Nah we'd rather just lie on our backs and blow these bubbles into the wind and see when they pop, fuck this so-called leak.", real or not, you'd probably be pissed off. It's not what you were expecting, it's contrary to their practices, and it sours goodwill and reputation later down the road.

It’s shitty and lazy, but more than likely not because “nintendo told them to” which in itself is just a unsourced, unproven lazy assumption. That’s my point...it’s as bad as the “paid by _____ to like the game probably “ argument to me I hear so often. Like be upset gamexplain won’t cover it, though I’m not buying they’re doing it out of bias.

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I’m not buying they’re doing it out of bias.

If not out of bias though,  why, when they often dissect leaks to the nth degree,  initially just give a joking 3 minutes video just claiming it's fake because of blur before suddenly packing things up?

Chances are they're nervous and don't really know for sure,  they do know something and are backing down to avoid acidentally revealing it, they're in as much uncharted water as we are, they don't want a repeat of being blatantly wrong like they were with the ESRB leak back in the day,  etc. 

Not sure what the reason is,  but this behavior of theirs is contradictory and certainly worthy of speculative investigation and suspicion. 

Gamexplain is clearly handling this differently than the other leaks, but it's not like they're going to cough up the reason no matter how much people speculate about it, so it's not really worth dwelling on. 

I think people are right to be curious and annoyed that they've half assed the coverage, but there's nothing to be done until one of the characters on the leak is confirmed. They likely won't budge until that happens, and it's pretty shitty to harass them over it regardless of their reasoning. 

Yeah,  harassing is going too far. No matter how smug,  mean, condescending and annoying some insiders may act. 

That said though,  the insiders themselves do need to reel it in as well. Especially Imran who compared believers of the leak to Trump supporters or Liam Robertson who's said his fair share of racial and political garbage (yes that's also pertaining to Smash talk; yikes!) if that Spawn Wave podcast guest showing is anything to go by. *Shudder*

At least Ryce keeps it real and polite.

Though the fact that Ryce is presently unsure about this leak,  definitely keeps the ball cast between courts something fierce!

Did Imran say that or was he referring to that reset era thread that got apparently pretty toxic following the leak?(saying it was like a trump rally) I thought it was the latter one, which makes a bit more sense given the context 

If you guys want my take on this, I think it's seriously hard to call the leak into question with all the evidence we have.

Spoiler

To me, Shadow, Isaac, Banjo, Geno, Mach Rider and the Chorus Kids are as good as confirmed.

There's also this to consider:

Bamco works on Smash Bros. All the insiders talking about Incineroar may have leaked stuff about other Nintendo/Fighting games in the past, but they just may have been lead on a false trail by Bamco. It's why nothing they seem to know lines up with what we see.

Oh I certainly am leaning towards it being real, I however also am believing a few insiders supposedly claiming there’ll be one more reveal separated from this(which means one more addition to the mural that’s separate from this leaked one). And yes, I’m mainly buying into those insider claims because the popular theory is that the only other character being heavily discussed that could make sense and top banjo in terms of “wtf they got them” is Sora as everyone wants to know if Disney would play ball. (Also what I’ve said about sakurai likely making a deal with Square to get Geno. Also keep in mind Sora hasn’t been popping up in many of these insiders claims like Incineroar has which means Nintendo, namco, etc haven’t been using him as possibly a leak bait to throw people off)Incineroar probably is either leak bait or dlc

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Oh I certainly am leaning towards it being real, I however also am believing a few insiders supposedly claiming there’ll be one more reveal separated from this(which means one more addition to the mural that’s separate from this leaked one). And yes, I’m mainly buying into those insider claims because the popular theory is that the only other character being heavily discussed that could make sense and top banjo in terms of “wtf they got them” is Sora as everyone wants to know if Disney would play ball. (Also what I’ve said about sakurai likely making a deal with Square to get Geno)Incineroar probably is either leak bait or dlc

I like Sora but I don't really have a reason to believe he's in the game or that there's another character we don't know about.

42 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I like Sora but I don't really have a reason to believe he's in the game or that there's another character we don't know about.

Well personally, I doubt Square would want to use a second rep just to promote Geno(he’s also not exclusively Square). That’s specifically something sakurai wanted. So there’s probably have to be something in it for them. 3rd parties typically use relavent and popular/historically iconic game characters. Also capcom has 3 reps and Sega as well if this leak is true(and Konami), so who’s to say Square couldn’t have 3. And given Disney’s teasing, the close release dates between smash and KH3, and shinji’s removed tweet, as well as the fact Sora WAS on the smash 4 fan ballot(even if not in the top 10 iirc) there’s reasonable evidence as to why he has a decent shot. 

Spawn waves(or was it spooky’s) tweet about the final revealed character being something bigger than even banjo, that needs its own reveal really just points to that I feel cause no way Incineroar would be that. I could see at the VGA’s right before release Sora getting a trailer or being revealed as the first dlc character. And given a lot of leakers have said Sora has been discussed in the past...I’m sorry I just can’t help but think he has some kind of decent shot this time around 

5 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Well personally, I doubt Square would want to use a second rep just to promote Geno(he’s also not exclusively Square). That’s specifically something sakurai wanted. So there’s probably have to be something in it for them. 3rd parties typically use relavent and popular/historically iconic game characters. Also capcom has 3 reps and Sega as well if this leak is true, so who’s to say Square couldn’t have 3. And given Disney’s teasing, the close release dates between smash and KH3, and shinji’s removed tweet, as well as the fact Sora WAS on the smash 4 fan ballot(even if not in the top 10 iirc) there’s reasonable evidence as to why he has a decent shot. 

This is all assuming they even use characters for negotiation tactics like this, which I kind of doubt? What more would square want after Cloud, their flagship character for their flagship franchise, got put in Smash? 

They got the rights to do the Geno costume in 2016. Anything involving the right to use Geno was settled then. It's just a manner of having the time to implement him. If there was any "trade" going on it would have happened back then. 

The third parties don't need a matching number of reps by company. The roster isn't about being balanced. It's just about being interesting.

Square also does not own Sora at all. They'd be going through Disney. I doubt getting permission to use Sora would be particularly difficult, but it doesn't even really seem like they've bothered to talk to them. Sora doesn't seem to be a priority in any of this. If he was, he'd be on the promo art of the entire roster we saw. There's no point in keeping him a secret until release. 

9 minutes ago, Wraith said:

This is all assuming they even use characters for negotiation tactics like this, which I kind of doubt? What more would square want after Cloud, their flagship character for their flagship franchise, got put in Sm

Another notable franchise with a large reach and audience with a popular hyped up game on the way? 

They got the rights to do the Geno costume in 2016. Anything involving the right to use Geno was settled then. It's just a manner of having the time to implement him. If there was any "trade" going on it would have happened back then. 

Who’s to say Sora wasn’t discussed at that point? Again, he was on the ballot.

The third parties don't need a matching number of reps by company. The roster isn't about being balanced. It's just about being interesting.

Sora’s pretty interesting if you ask me and would fit perfectly. I’m simply saying there’s nothing stopping Square from also getting 3 reps given the other 3rd parties 

Square also does not own Sora at all. They'd be going through Disney. I doubt getting permission to use Sora would be particularly difficult, but it doesn't even really seem like they've bothered to talk to them. Sora doesn't seem to be a priority in any of this. If he was, he'd be on the promo art of the entire roster we saw. There's no point in keeping him a secret until release. 

Do I need to post the video of HMK explaining how he was actually talking to a head of Disney Japan that teasingly asked fans if they wanted Sora to be in smash bros, and how they’re open to this happening? Square don’t own Sora, but they’re still involved with when Disney want to use him, and Disney asks Nomura for the okay(who worked with sakurai when Cloud was added I should note). I’d say there’s a reasonable reason to keep him as a final surprise given how everyone always shoots down him regarding anything not just smash “because Disney”. It’d definitely be a hype reveal 

Like, base roster or DLC, I don’t see how this is a unreasonable guess

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Like, base or DLC, I don’t see how this is a unreasonable guess

DLC isn't an unreasonable guess. I just think the base roster is a lock if he's not on promo materials that are being prepared right now. All characters are being revealed pre-release this time.

As a DLC character? I could see it. 

4 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Possibly. Or Youtube horrid system kicked in. Tin foil hats everyone. Speculation asunder.

You'd be right if it were just that. Though taking it from the horse's mouth itself is another matter. 

Especially since. The guy does frequent Smashboards and he had this to say recently:

It's odd because I've never had an issue prior with the yellow dollar sign when it comes to smash leak content. And I uploaded that video twice with different titles as well, so they clearly had it out for me.

You might want to pocket the mockery for the time being on this one champ. 

I mean,  doubts are fine,  but stepping in with that bold statement could easily come back to bite with how it's a bit too hand wavy,  given the current circumstances. 

Saw that earlier. Guess I can't do much for myself as I believe in the "Nothing is real til it is officially shown off.." Though data mines contradict that. Which is how we knew pretty much every single DBZF DLC character before they were even announced.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Like, base roster or DLC, I don’t see how this is a unreasonable guess

Which is why it would not be him.   If there is a final character outside of the "leak,"  it will be someone no one could have ever seen coming.  Like Sonic in Brawl.  Or Cloud in Smash 4.  It has to be someone who is dissociated with Nintendo or had a history of being a rival or never had a mainline game on it or just something that is mindblowing.  

47 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Which is why it would not be him.   If there is a final character outside of the "leak,"  it will be someone no one could have ever seen coming.  Like Sonic in Brawl.  Or Cloud in Smash 4.  It has to be someone who is dissociated with Nintendo or had a history of being a rival or never had a mainline game on it or just something that is mindblowing.  

That really doesn’t make sense. Why does it have to be someone no ones guessed? Especially when more people still shoot him down vs think he’s likely...? 

11 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Because the rumor says that it'll be a surprise.  If it was someone as obvious as Sora then it wouldn't be as crazy as other characters could be/

Except it’s not obvious since people are still saying it won’t happen, and even if people did, it would still probably generate a lot of excitement to see people’s guesses validated?

only other options would be like 1st party exclusive characters