Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

More conspiracy theory stuff. The isabelle version of the banner had a pretty glaring error.

Spoiler

It was right where Isaac is supposed to be standing in the leak. He was cut rather haphazardly out.

But why? Isaac's powers include the ability to create earthquates, so he could have been removed due to the earthquake in easturn Iburi, Hokkaido. There were 41 casualties so it was understandably a very sensitive subject. 

Sakurai even said they had to edit the contents of the direct due to the tragedy.
https://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-smash-bros-ultimate-slowing-down-on-character-reveals-isabelles-inclusion-more/

"Apologies for my absence last week. The earthquake in eastern Iburi, Hokkaido put a hold on the Nintendo Direct, as we could no longer use the original draft we had prepared."

EDIT: The translation here is poor so this theory has no backing. Ignore it. 

https://www.sourcegaming.info/2018/09/26/sakurai-discusses-isabelle-echoes-and-newcomers/

Here's a more accurate one. It doesn't suggest they altered the direct at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

For the record, NintendoEverything are constantly berated for being naff - SourceGaming (who're considered far more reputable)'s translation makes it clear the "original draft" isn't referring to the Direct but to his Famitsu column. 

I apologize for the one-week delay. The earthquake in Hokkaido led to a delay in the Nintendo Direct broadcast, so I had no choice but to hold off on publishing the article I had written.

https://www.sourcegaming.info/2018/09/26/sakurai-discusses-isabelle-echoes-and-newcomers/

3 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

For the record, NintendoEverything are constantly berated for being naff - SourceGaming (who're considered far more reputable)'s translation makes it clear the "original draft" isn't referring to the Direct but to his Famitsu column. 

I thought they were using SG's translation since they're the most widely known/used. That's my mistake. I apologize for spreading misinformation.

I'll edit the post with corrections

Just now, Wraith said:

I thought they were using SG's translation since they're the most widely known/used. That's my mistake. I apologize for spreading misinformation.

I'll edit the post with corrections

To be fair - they used to, but they started trying their own since they always failed to follow SG's terms and basically just stole their translations wholesale - about a month ago they got torn to shreds by the Nintendo community for it.

huh. This theory actually makes sense. Also gotta respect Papageno for his view on this entire situation and how he just wants to have a discussion on the leak and understand what’s going on 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, KHCast said:

huh. This theory actually makes sense. Also gotta respect Papageno for his view on this entire situation and how he just wants to have a discussion on the leak and understand what’s going on 

Interestingly enough,  Phil did have lunch with Nintendo at E3 this year. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

Interestingly enough,  Phil did have lunch with Nintendo at E3 this year. 

Probably due to the fact that Minecraft was on the Switch and they were promoting their cross play feature. Like don't get me wrong I would love to see Banjo-Kazooie in but I just think we're looking too deeply into this.

Unrelated note: I gotta say I prefer Knuckles to Shadow as an AT in Ultimate, yeah that homing attack is weird on him but he has a lot of cool attacks, burrowing and the uppercut, it's pretty cool, a lot more useful unlike Shadow's Chaos Control, he actually does stuff.

8 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

Probably due to the fact that Minecraft was on the Switch and they were promoting their cross play feature. Like don't get me wrong I would love to see Banjo-Kazooie in but I just think we're looking too deeply into this.

I'm not saying it's a guarantee, but it would fit in with the the idea that Banjo was added in after a talk with Microsoft.

V8sWr7o.gif

Besides, for all we know talks of crossplay could've been what led to such. And I'm saying this as someone who believes that Incineroar is rather cut and/or bait instead of being pushed back for DLC. Not the smoking gun, but definitely something to consider unless debunked.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sakurai's already stated in the past that Smash characters can take over six months to make. They need to be modelled, animated, programmed, and then balanced against over 60 other characters. Add in needing to sort legal stuff for Banjo and Sakurai already having a set project plan anyway (hence no Rex and Pyra) and I find it very unlikely a talk as recent as E3 somehow led to Banjo being added, lest we would've had a Sonic situation where he was last minute - but that resulted in a delay of the whole game. I think Deji's more on the money here.

Or maybe Banjo's in and he's a poorly animated, awfully balanced mess. 😛

• Thumbs Up 2

Banjo is in but there's no way in hell he was decided on at E3. Late in development, yes, I can see, but still several months before E3. Phil could've easily sat down and had lunch with Nintendo to see how progress on Banjo was going, though. (Assuming they had lunch behind closed doors obviously.)

• Thumbs Up 3

Has anyone considered the possibility that, should these characters be legit, it may be as post-launch DLC? Perhaps they've already been conceptualised, but won't be finished in time for the game's release, so they're added in at a later date.

In this day and age, it wouldn't really surprise me.

3 hours ago, NegaMetallix said:

Has anyone considered the possibility that, should these characters be legit, it may be as post-launch DLC? Perhaps they've already been conceptualised, but won't be finished in time for the game's release, so they're added in at a later date.

In this day and age, it wouldn't really surprise me.

I dunno. The leaked thing is a promotional material. I doubt they'd put DLC characters on it a month before the game came out. I think someone at Ninty mentioned that they wouldn't think about DLC until after the game releases as well.

• Thumbs Up 3

I’m sure sakurai already has an idea of the first few characters he has set for DLC, but hasn’t actually worked on them that much if at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Poor guy got attacked like the others. Of course when it's something people want to strongly believe in they don't want anything shaking their faith......crap......Smash is a religion....oh no!!!!

(And no I am not making fun of religion, only people who get upset at people who don't follow there's.)

28 minutes ago, KHCast said:

So it might be fake after all....uh oh 

Well, I wouldn't believe it myself. Once people started questioning (and not even in a harassing way) he started firing back quite rudely, like all the other people that claim to be insiders, which is a bit fishy to me. Besides, Stealth has gotten things wrong before. Don't give up hope yet.

Well Billy hasn’t believed other insiders when they claim it’s fake. So it’s a bit weird for him suddenly to be worried because this guy. He also says he follows stealth 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Well Billy hasn’t believed other insiders when they claim it’s fake. So it’s a bit weird for him suddenly to be worried because this guy. He also says he follows stealth 

Could be leak-bait, or outdated info. Could be damage control by Nintendo. (hey, that rhymed!)

All we know is that there are points for both sides, but nothing short of a Direct is making me abandon the Team Real Ship.

4 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Could be leak-bait, or outdated info. Could be damage control by Nintendo. (hey, that rhymed!)

All we know is that there are points for both sides, but nothing short of a Direct is making me abandon the Team Real Ship.

If that was the case, he wouldn’t give this any more attention than the other “credible” sources, as they also could as he’s suggested be getting leak bait from their sources. Billy’s a hard believer, so him highlighting this is something worth note