Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

I don't think they're getting Nintendo dollah dollah to keep hush hush. I think some of the insiders laughed at that idea on the spawn cast.  Maybe it's a cover up...we'll know in less than 2 days.

At the very least, I think at least Geno and Isaac are likely. Given that Sakurai consulted fan polls and the fact that Geno had a mii costume, I'm sure they'll have him in.

But if it turns out to also include Ken and Incineroar? Eh. Not the end of the world. I just feel like there's no way it's gonna JUST be those two.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whether ya trust him or not, Verge is claiming Isaac is returning as an assist. May or may not be true, but he said it so it's at least something to keep in mind I suppose.

Looks like insiders are definitely colliding with one another.

It's Leaker War now. 

11 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

Looks like insiders are definitely colliding with one another.

It's Leaker War now. 

Going by this, my money is on Geno or Sora, should this be the case(though is Geno even 3rd party?:/)....or Steve

Man oh man, the Grinch leak,  civil war between leakers, what's next?

Last minute wish: I hope the Spirits/story mode has dialogue. Kid Icarus Uprising was awesome and hilarious, so having all these characters collide like that would be amazing.

• Thumbs Up 1

A funny comic that I had to post here due to spoilers in the background:

web-4.jpg

Here's a legend for the picture

comic_2018_everyoneisspooky_legend.jpg 

Someone on Smashboards did a lovely recap of what all insiders have said:

And well.....

I want you all to take a look at this quick list for a moment and see any consistencies.

PapaGenos - Leak is completely real, theorizes that Incineroar is DLC.
Leak Review - Isaac is at least the one person in.
Mystic - Isaac and Geno are in, leak is fake. Then goes on to say Emily is right and closes down his twitter.
Vergeben - Incineroar, Isaac assist, Minecraft content.
Emily Rogers - Multiple characters are assists, the leak is fake.
Tom Phillips - Leak is fake, Banjo-Kazooie aren't in.
NateDrake - Leak is completely fake.
Liam Robertson - Leak is completely fake, believes Banjo-Kazooie won't be in due to "muh pride" and race.
GameXplain - Leak is completely fake, it's too blurry.

You guys see any consistencies?

9e6.gif

Ummm well. Yeah, the only thing consistent is that they all have something different to say.

Whatever ends up true or not, I think the theory of Namco's leak baiting influence playing a hand here is looking quite legit.

• Thumbs Up 2

As usual, Motobug will be streaming the Smash Direct tomorrow.

Cant wait for the Grench memes on the chat.

• Fist Bump 1

You know, personally, I'm hoping that the Grinch leak isn't real, because I'd like at least one character reveal to catch me off guard.

I don't even really get why people are so attached to that leak anyway.  To me, it's just a list of characters that people were already talking about.  It seems very plausible, but it's also exactly the kind of list that someone doing a fake leak would put together.

17 minutes ago, G-Force said:

You know, personally, I'm hoping that the Grinch leak isn't real, because I'd like at least one character reveal to catch me off guard.

I don't even really get why people are so attached to that leak anyway.  To me, it's just a list of characters that people were already talking about.  It seems very plausible, but it's also exactly the kind of list that someone doing a fake leak would put together.

It's just well made and there are too many coincidences for it to be fake. And there are a lot of characters and surprises in the banner, that's why I hope it's real... instead of getting, you know, just 2-3 more characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, G-Force said:

I don't even really get why people are so attached to that leak anyway. 

I can answer that --

5 hours ago, G-Force said:

To me, it's just a list of characters that people were already talking about.

ninja'd

Spoiler

I personally could care less about the leak. I just would like a second Sonic rep.

19 hours ago, KHCast said:

Going by this, my money is on Geno or Sora, should this be the case(though is Geno even 3rd party?:/)....or Steve

My understanding with Geno is that he's co-owned by Nintendo and Square-Enix, so it still requires a license to use him or other assets from Super Mario RPG, like when he appeared in Superstar Saga or the Mii costume for SSB4 with the Forest Maze theme in the trailer.

Anyway, I don't have a stake in any particular leak or rumor. I find the speculation really fun and I'm looking forward to seeing who's finally confirmed (just give me Geno and Shadow and I don't really care what else they do) and maybe some early look at an expansion pass for DLC.

• Thumbs Up 3

A little trip down memory lane. Nintendo have used false leak info before, even codenamed like "Rayman", since Smash 4, go figure. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The Grinch leak's popularity isn't entirely and perhaps not even largely due to the selection of characters it features; in a sense, the actual characters in the Grinch leak are irrelevant and could be anyone.  What's more important is the way the provenance can be directly linked to real-world sources, including specific companies and individuals, which would be both difficult and actively malicious to fake.  Conversely, the majority of other leaks are just the usual cottage industry of people with connections and spotty records making claims staked only on their reputation.  So there's an obvious factual bias, but that both sides are in contention can only really be explained by the distribution of "foilers," or "leak bait"; which means in a sense it's anyone's game, but also means that the fallout from the reveal is going to be quite exciting.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm going to laugh my ass off if Undertale has representation as far as a fighter in Smash now given a very specific detail in the new Undertale game Toby put out. That referencing is either Toby being a huge troll like he occasionally is or he just dropped a huge hint. 

This Direct is going to be something alright. 

11 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Today's update is Klaptrap. A character created by Rare.

BANJO CONFIRMED!!

Didn't that thing confirm King Krool?

My guts tells me, that we will get at least 4 new characters today. Two original and two echo fighters. The two new once will be Incineroar at the start with Ken joining the battle against him in the cinematic trailer. Than afterwords Shadow will be announced as an echo fighter for Sonic and than the last cinematic trailer is about Geno, since I have a feeling he is after Ridley and King K. Rool the most wanted character from the ballot.

I'm not really sure about Isaac. Golden Sun is really such a small and really unimportant series for Nintendo and it is not like a cult classic like for example Ice Climbers or F-Zero. 

I'm also not really sure with Sora. KH is huge and popular, but getting the rights for Sora is really a licensing hell. I'm not sure, if Sakurai things that this is worthy to go trough with it.

I have zero hopes for Banjo. Sure, it would be cool, but he and Kazooie are just forgotten relics of the past. And their are not as as iconic series as other series like KH, Duck Hunt or Metroid. Heck, at this point even Bubsy has better chances because of his meme status and he is technically more relevant than Banjo-Kazooie at this point.