Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

3 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

As an Isaac fan him being an assist stung like hell

Yeah... Kills my hope for him as DLC...

Skullkid is an Assist Trophy, too.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really feel like an asshole. Why is the happiest part is just being right and validated? I kinda hate myself for enjoying that. It's a sense of arrogance. It's probably because on other places TEAM REAL was just too obnoxious. I think it's because I had too many flash backs to the Resurrection F hype where people were SO DAMN SURE that Vegeta was going to kill Freeza and proclaim I AM THE KING OF SAIYANS. Heard that shit for so long there and it was annoying. Til the salt came in when he didn't do that. So I get that sort of pleasure....even if I'm disappointed.

Regarding that cutscene in adventure mode, who else found it funny that Kirby managed to escape....but the hedgehog that is "faster than the speed of sound" didn't?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1
  • Absolutely 2

5 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

Regarding that cutscene in adventure mode, who else found it funny that Kirby managed to escape....but the hedgehog that is "faster than the speed of sound" didn't?

Kirby's star flies at the speed of light. Did you see when Kirby disappeared as he was trying to go as fast as he can?

Yeah, that's the star moving at the speed of light.

Also the other reason he survived is cause Sakurai created him, so...

• Chuckle 6

6 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Not gonna lie, Incineroar and Ken are pretty lame final reveals for the base roster. And I'm disappointed that Shadow is remaining an AT--I admit I raised my hopes a little too much on that. Piranha Plant has the what the fuck factor going for it, but I can't say it excited me that much.

Well, there's still DLC, so whatever.

The new single-player mode looks pretty cool. I didn't get the point of the Spirits at first (they look like buffed up stickers from Brawl), but that opening cutscene (with voice acting!) got me pretty excited. And, honestly, even with how disappointing the actual presentation was (especially with past reveals feeling like much bigger deals), Incineroar looks fun and the Litten line was my favorite starter family from Sun and Moon. That and the base roster is still huge and there's still a lot to look forward to.

He also pulled back to try to save Pikachu, so

I'm gonna be forreal with you in a game that has rhicter in it, a game that sakurai himself admitted people wouldn't know who he was, and shadow didn't get in as an echo. I don't think your expectations were raised unreasonable. The newcomer roster for a bunch of people isn't that great and they had reasonable expectations. Its like Marvel Vs Capcom Infnite, I don't think the people wanted the Xmen had unreasonable expectations. The roster isn't great.

Which Is weird because this is " everyone is here" but I don't care for everyone, I only wanted one guy. Well a few guys, two of which are also assists. I guess my point is that everyone being here does nothing for me as a consumer. And I don't think some of the people wanted in were crazy picks, sometimes rosters are wack. I do hope though that the people who enjoy this game game get what they want out of it. Because for me without shadow, I got thing here for me

• Thumbs Up 2

Also, someone posted the Incineroar and Piranha Plant gameplay trailers but not Ken so here we go:

I'd like to call attention to what got ME excited today:

Yoshi finally hung up his Flutter Wings in favor of an awesome callback!

• Thumbs Up 4

Seeing the story mode trailer...I don't know if this is necessary, but I'll put it un spoilers just in case...

Do you think Sonic would have survived if he didn't try to help Pikachu?

• Promotion 1

2 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

Seeing the story mode trailer...I don't know if this is necessary, but I'll put it un spoilers just in case...

Hide contents

Spoiler

Considering Kirby barely got away with his lightspeed Warp Star, I doubt Sonic stood much of a chance, outside of Super Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 3

47 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

Sonic slowed down to help Pikachu. That's how he got caught. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Leave it to Sakurai to find a way to still make me exceedingly hyped in a world where the Box Theory was entirely accurate. 

DAT K. ROOL AMIIBO

DAT DLC ANNOUNCEMENT

DAT ADVENTURE MODE WITH VOICE-ACTED CUTSCENES AND VOCAL THEME

DAT FREAKING PIRAHNA PLANT (On that note, I LOVE how despite this game initially not seeming to have a new one at first, he TOTALLY fits the bill for Ultimate's WTF character.)

Incineroar is also super neat and it's great to see my second starter pick in a new Pokemon generation in a row get fighter representation.

Also, Yoshi's new callback Final Smash, Lucario basically combining his previous two into a new one, and lots of other misc. stuff.

Not the most exciting presentation (a lot of the option stuff felt like filler), but it still had a lot that had me jazzed. Absolutely going to put most of my Christmas cash towards that Fighter Pass and excited to eventually see who's going to fill it. (Hopefully Geno, since he's currently represented as a Spirit and most likely his Mii Costume from the previous game, which is the most play he's had in a retail base game in a LONG while.

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

I think he would've, honestly. But it was still really cool to see Sonic trying to help Pikachu. A true hero till the end.

• Promotion 2

9 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:
  Hide contents

I think he would've, honestly. But it was still really cool to see Sonic trying to help Pikachu. A true hero till the end.

Spoiler

Yeah, I liked that part. Despite his ego, Sonic still wants to help others where he can because he feels it's the right thing to do.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 3

Okay that was disappointing, not only because they kept just 2 characters FOR LAST, not only because they kept Shadow AT as a secret just to troll fans, but can I say the game has some shitty decisions?

- Removed Trophies, which were a fun extra, in favor of those boring Spirits.

- The roster and stage list is just a bunch of old content brought back, it's just my opinion but I could have done without scrapped clones like Pichu, Young Link, Roy, Dr. Mario, or even new clones like Dark Pit, Lucina, Ken, Ritcher, Dark Samus, Chrom, etc.

- Just 6 new stages, so instead of getting all the old stuff back, why not brand new content? Might as well say this is a Smash port, almost.

- They clearly don't care for Sonic, he has lame moves, no echoes, no remixes, no decent stages. 

- Spirits mode looks hot trash. The only good things are the map and the bosses. The rest sucks, they can keep it, it looks like another but deeper Smash Tour, spirits are a waste of time for me. I would have rather had a new Adventure mode than these gimmick matches.

And that's about it, no new content which sucks, old content again, I get it it's easier to make and they didn't have much time, so just delay the game maybe? Release it in a couple of years, instead of this cash grab.

But I won't despair, Super Smash Flash 2 has a way better roster, without many clones, it has Isaac, Sora, Black Mage, Bomberman, Tails, Bandana Dee, a better looking Simon Belmont, Krystal, Waluigi, Rayman, and will likely add Shadow too, and more. 

• Thumbs Up 1

As obviously fake as the leak was (especially Banjo, I can't anyone was naive enough to believe it), I was expecting something a little better than the two revealed characters.

4 minutes ago, Plasme said:

As obviously fake as the leak was (especially Banjo, I can't anyone was naive enough to believe it), I was expecting something a little better than the two revealed characters.

To be fair there seemed to be enough evidence to believe the leak was real. 

Incineroar and Ken are very cool additions, but I unironically LOVED Piranha Plant as the "WTF?!" character. As someone who mainly prefers fighters with quirky designs and fun movesets (I main Wario and Mr. Game & Watch for a reason), I'm totally ok with Sakurai's choice. It will be fun to kick ass as a memorable member of Mushroom Kingdom's flora.

Long live to the flowerpot boy.🙋‍♂️