Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

I remember I posted a comment on the song "Friends" saying that the song better be in Smash Ultimate.  The hearted it...so I guess there's hope for that song to be in (I want that, Fist Bump, Sonic Boom, Studiopolis Zone, and Emerald Hill Zone).

27 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

The only thing I'm hung up on as far as complaints is the trophies being gone. I knew they were the thing I was anticipating the most but I seriously didn't realize just how much until I heard they're not here anymore. 

It kinda upset me too, though I won't mind as much if Spirits somehow have descriptions. For me half the fun of trophies was the fun little summaries. Though I guess that does avoid the thing they'd do sometimes where it'd straight up spoil stuff to an unnecessary degree (like with Xenoblade IIRC).

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Any proof they're the leakers or if it's just people taking credit?

No not currently, but this is probably the closest we’ll get to any explanation considering the employee got doxxed over all this. Plus it’s plausible at the very least 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ShadowSJG said:

I just don't get it. Konami and Street Fighter get echo fighters, why not Sonic?

Maybe we'll get a Sonic rep in DLC (Please Sakurai).   Tails could get it.  He's the one of only two DLC Mii costumes to have their series previously represented and not be deconfirmed (The other being Chocobo).  I'm giving Jackie Bryant the pass since Akira was just now made an assist.

I wasn't sold on Incineroar when he was first talked about, but seeing the tiger in action has totally sold me on him. His proportions definitely look better than they did in Sun/Moon.

ss_6.jpg

The way his fur lights up is fantastic and his face is incredibly expressive. Then again, I'd probably be making that face if my groin was as lit.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Chuckle 1

5 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

I just don't get it. Konami and Street Fighter get echo fighters, why not Sonic?

Maybe Sega didn't play ball. 

You know gosh darn well cloud could get an Echo, everyone would like. But he ain't here either. Same thing for megaman. But nah. I'm guessing they didn't play ball on those fronts. 

Theoretically whoever was behind the Grinch leak could take pictures of the stuff they made for it as proof, but there's not really much point to that since, well...they're probably never come off of anon to talk about it. Or at least nobody with any sense of self-preservation would, because holy shit are people (understandably) pissed.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Celestia said:

It kinda upset me too, though I won't mind as much if Spirits somehow have descriptions. For me half the fun of trophies was the fun little summaries. Though I guess that does avoid the thing they'd do sometimes where it'd straight up spoil stuff to an unnecessary degree (like with Xenoblade IIRC).

I just loved going into the trophy room and admiring them all. It was a neat way to read up on some of these other characters that I didn't know about and the hunt for them was exhilarating. Realizing I had gotten a new one was one of the most exciting things. Plus, it satisfied any lingering desire I had for Sonic representation. I don't care as much about them not being playable but I loved collecting their trophies. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

12 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

Simon probably got one because he was the big third party introduced when Echoes became a thing, just as Sonic likely received a second level because SEGA had that exclusive deal going with Nintendo at the time of Smash 4. And Ken is basically gaming's original clone fighter. Even if Shadow would have also made sense, it's not as though there aren't reasons for these two.

6 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Theoretically whoever was behind the Grinch leak could take pictures of the stuff they made for it as proof, but there's not really much point to that since, well...they're probably never come off of anon to talk about it. Or at least nobody with any sense of self-preservation would, because holy shit are people (understandably) pissed.

also I think some what they did technically might be a crime? Depending on like what exactly happened. 

4 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

How salty are people overall?

I don't know?

Depends on who you talk to. I know a lot of people on some other websites were complaining about how upset people were about the whole thing. So i'm gonna guess " Kinds " , I don't think anyone can give you an accurate read. You will have to do that research yourself, I had people tell me to kill myself because I wanted shadow. I'm not really interested in discussing smash anymore or diving into that realm anymore. Someone else can give you an accurate read on that one

Alright, from the IDW sonic thread:

37 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Im not bringing it. The issue had Shadow in it, but I felt it was also appropiate to bring Shadow non inclusion in smash the very day this issue came out.

Not fan request, the Sega request. Or maybe Sega has no real care other than Sonic as a playable character

Again we don't know the decision process.

I said this earlier, but maybe Nintendo wanted to give a chance to obscure franchises than give another slot for a series that already got represented. Maybe certain characters aren't "iconic" enough, making a brand new set of moves for echos was a pain, or the companies couldn't reach a good agreement for various reasons. Maybe the company's pitch to nintendo was done poorly. Maybe SEGA and other companies are satisfied with one character joining Smash as a guest, which is a big Nintendo-based project. Maybe fan demands and ideas aren't actually that good, and Nintendo would much prefer to choose wacky unexpected characters that are overall fun to play (that is, if you manage to push aside your salt).

Just because one (1) secondary character from the Sonic series wasn't made playable (like countless other "popular" and "important" characters that fans are equally pissed and rioting about) and stayed as an Assist Trophy doesn't mean they don't care. Smash was originally a "NINTENDO crossover + guests" and not "characters from all companies crossover" so I'd say having or adding music/stages/assist trophy/any appearance is a sign they care.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Shadowlax said:

also I think some what they did technically might be a crime? Depending on like what exactly happened. 

One of the most notable things about the hoax was that they used a real actual person's name for a scapegoat. However since none of it was real and the person in question hadn't even worked at the company for like two years,  even if there's any laws about this (which I kinda doubt) it...probably wouldn't count?

I can't think of anything else that happened that'd potentially get the hoaxers in trouble but I might be forgetting something.

• Thumbs Up 1

4chan is just having a field day with trolling Shadow not being playable over plants. Honestly, there has to be some cosmic force beyond mortal comprehension laughing at Shadow fans every time Shadow has some spotlight and fails his fanbase by having shitty roles or no roles at all. Is shadow and his fandom truly cursed? Is it hopeless in being taken seriously as a shadow fan and not being the main target for humiliation to video game purists everywhere? Shadow fans always been the mockery of modern sonic and the bane of classic sonic fans. Big and Amy have never been as labeled for the end of a series downfall like Shadow has.

25 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

Even putting aside the possibility that SEGA said no or whatever (I doubt Sakurai would ask for a second Sonic character in the first place, to be completely honest), sometimes things just...don't happen. Where's Dixie or Cranky? Where's Impa or Skull Kid? Where's [other pretty obvious choices]? And these are first party characters that have definitely been considered, they just didn't pan out. Because while Smash has become all about fitting in as much as possible, there's always going to be limits.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

4chan is just having a field day with trolling Shadow not being playable over plants. Honestly, there has to be some cosmic force beyond mortal comprehension laughing at Shadow fans every time Shadow has some spotlight and fails his fanbase by having shitty roles or no roles at all. Is shadow and his fandom truly cursed? Is it hopeless in being taken seriously as a shadow fan and not being the main target for humiliation to video game purists everywhere? Shadow fans always been the mockery of modern sonic and the bane of classic sonic fans. Big and Amy have never been as labeled for the end of a series downfall like Shadow has.

You need to chill. I'm a huge Shadow fan and there is no conspiracy against Shadow or anything.Don't be so dramatic.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Celestia said:

sometimes things just...don't happen. Where's Dixie or Cranky? Where's Impa or Skull Kid? Where's [other pretty obvious choices]? 

Well obviously the resources had to go to more important and heavily requested characters.

Like Piranha Plant.

• Chuckle 3

I didn't even bother looking at the article that talked about the hoax. So today when I'm hearing people talk about the fucking Grinch I'm sitting here going "What? The guy who stole Christmas...?"

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 2

3 hours ago, Pawn said:

Keep in mind I wanted Shadow in but

9v1SKtj.jpg

I see you've found the newest Smash Bros Meme:

"Sonic running while trying to save another character from the insta-death laser"

tumblr_phj6olcBhK1xqqpkuo1_1280.png

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

The piranha plant kind of almost fits my quota for really silly out there character. I almost like it, but part of the fun of these characters in the past was seeing some more niche or off beat part of Nintendo's history covered. Piranha Plant is just a Mario enemy. I really like to be caught off guard by shit I wouldn't know about or wouldn't expect to be in a fighting game. He's kinda the second thing, I guess? Feels weird.

On the bright side nobody can tell me Skull Kid or Midna doesn't belong in these games anymore, lol.

• Thumbs Up 2