Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Uh oh. 

Starting to hope that we get a second season of DLC.

• Thumbs Up 3

Nice. He may have let me down in the anime, but between carrying my Moon team to the end and this glorious cameo, I just can't stay mad at this frog.

• Thumbs Up 1

Prepare your ears, cause here's the final version of the main menu theme. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Uh oh. 

This might be official confirmation that Spirits do not deconfirm characters.

Even though I'm heavily rooting for Shantae, I don't think she'll make it into Smash.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

More new stuff

I was watching Nintendo Live on Nairo's stream last night and saw this stuff live (In Japanese, so I don't understand everything).  He'll be watching it again tonight, so more stuff may drop (The Classic mode clip of Sakurai was from that too).   

5 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Even though I'm heavily rooting for Shantae, I don't think she'll make it into Smash.

The biggest takeaway is that it's certainly looking like she won't be in the Season 1 DLC pack,  since those were apparently already decided on prior.

That said though, it does raise my hopes for Twintelle if this does indeed confirm that Spirits have a shot at being DLC.

1 hour ago, Detective Kaito said:

This might be official confirmation that Spirits do not deconfirm characters.

This isn't really "official confirmation" because its not from Nintendo, but still, Spirits are just this game's trophies (combined with stickers) anyway. Mewtwo and Lucas still made it as DLC even though they had trophies already.

47 minutes ago, KHCast said:

So we may get more cutscenes in WoL. Interesting 

I've been kinda thinking we had to get more, there just won't be -too- many. I'm really excited about WoL though.

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

The biggest takeaway is that it's certainly looking like she won't be in the Season 1 DLC pack,  since those were apparently already decided on prior.

That said though, it does raise my hopes for Twintelle if this does indeed confirm that Spirits have a shot at being DLC.

I still think they'd go for Spring Man, honestly. Yes, he's an Assist Trophy, but nothing has ever stated that AT's can't be made playable via DLC. Assist Trophies were undoubtedly decided on long before the DLC was. Arguably, AT's would be even easier to promote to playable, because they've already got a strong basis with the AT they can build the DLC fighter off of.

7 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

but nothing has ever stated that AT's can't be made playable via DLC.

Begs the question though. Remember, we're running on Nintendo's mentality here. Sakurai did say that the DLC newcomers would be brand new from the ground up.

8 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

Assist Trophies were undoubtedly decided on long before the DLC was. Arguably, AT's would be even easier to promote to playable, because they've already got a strong basis with the AT they can build the DLC fighter off of.

The big question is this. Are they really going to break their tradition? Characters that show up in stages or final smashes are one thing, but they've never had an assist trophy also be made playable. I mean, it would either be redundant or they'd feel the need to scrap the assist trophy which sounds wasteful. Trust me, there's a reason us Smash fans consider assist trophy status to be the playable grave until the next Smash game.

As for Spring Man, he's kinda one of the least popular characters from ARMS, go figure. People mainly campaigned for him because it cover art mascots were kind of the status quo.

But now, things have changed. Especially considering how a Pirahna Plant is playable. I mean, it's no secret that Twintelle is one of the more massively popular characters, and she's even more unique in that she uses her hair rather than her fists. And Sakurai certainly loves the more unique choices.

• Thumbs Up 1

The sad thing is that even though ATs can be future DLC, there's literally nothing that supports that because it has never happened before.

Everyone in the Smash community knows that being AT is basically a death sentence, and it doesn't help when the character is an AT for the past decade, like Lyn, Waluigi, and Shadow.

And because of that, if there was ever another Smash Ballot, these characters would rank very low cause everyone knows "it's not possible to make them playable cause they're already an AT".

I mean, yeah it is possible, but no one thinks that Sakurai would do it.

I wish Sakurai proves us wrong. I'd love to see Knuckles, Shadow, Shovel Knight, Zero, or Waluigi playable. But I don't want to get my hopes up ever again, because they're Assist Trophies.

If we're being realistic, none of the currently planned 5 DLC characters will be characters from Assist Trophies.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Begs the question though. Remember, we're running on Nintendo's mentality here. Sakurai did say that the DLC newcomers would be brand new from the ground up.

The big question is this. Are they really going to break their tradition?

Eh Tradition is only whatever sakurai feels like

So if he feels like it, then yeah

2 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

The sad thing is that even though ATs can be future DLC, there's literally nothing that supports that because it has never happened before.

Everyone in the Smash community knows that being AT is basically a death sentence, and it doesn't help when the character is an AT for the past decade, like Lyn, Waluigi, and Shadow.

And because of that, if there was ever another Smash Ballot, these characters would rank very low cause everyone knows "it's not possible to make them playable cause they're already an AT".

I mean, yeah it is possible, but no one thinks that Sakurai would do it.

I wish Sakurai proves us wrong. I'd love to see Knuckles, Shadow, Shovel Knight, Zero, or Waluigi playable. But I don't want to get my hopes up ever again, because they're Assist Trophies.

If we're being realistic, none of the currently planned 5 DLC characters will be characters from Assist Trophies.

I think people will vote for the characters they want anyway. Most people aren't us, they are gonna be like " put knuckles in " because they are 10 and just want Knuckles. That's sort of the target audience.

And I thinkthat's what will happen.

However If sakurai ever does make another ballot, I think because I believe Sakurai or someone at nintendo is a pretty smart dude about some of this stuff. Will specificy at the beginning " You can vote for assist trophies," or someone will ask, once that word gets out, the flood gates are open

Again, I think folks try to apply rules to sakurai that haven't been " broken " yet because there wasn't an opportunity. The last games development got cut short, post developmet rather. And this game development was focused on bringing everyone back.

This will be the first smash bros with a long DLC cycle .

So Lets wait and See ok

I mean , They could be not quantifiable and we have to wait until the next smash, and then half of us get destroyed by the earth before we even get to play it because of we got about 10 years to get climate change under control. And we have more horrible things in the world to worry about

But everything could work out so , you know wait and see.

3 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

For this batch yeah

If there's demand he could go " Oh people want alucard? Aiight " and just make alucard. Or you know a ballot happens again

7 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Uh oh. 

I just want Sakurai and his team to take a long deserved break after the DLC is done and over with. There are some characters I'm disappointed that didn't make it in like Shadow and Geno but we're gonna get 75 characters and 109 stages. I'm perfectly content with this if it ends with with just the 5 planned DLC.

• Thumbs Up 2

DrHLdxWU0AAlizu.jpg

The thumbnail for Adventure Mode may have let slip a boss/enemy you'll encounter in the mode. There's stage bosses here, like the Bridge of Eldin guy, the Werewolf, and Rathalos... but there's also the Lumen Sage from Bayonetta! Really cool addition if that turns out to be the case. 

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

So that explains why not really many of the villains were in the cutscene aside from like Bowser.

K. Rool appeared in the initial group shot, so I think the idea's that every fighter was on the same side until they all "died". 

Subspace showed that even Ganondorf knows when to be a team player against a common foe.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

K. Rool appeared in the initial group shot, so I think the idea's that every fighter was on the same side until they all "died". 

Subspace showed that even Ganondorf knows when to be a team player against a common foe.

It's gonna be funny still, having Samus be forced to work with Ridley on this venture.

41 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

just the 5 planned DLC.

I forget. How did we come to the conclusion that the 5 characters are planned in advance? Not contesting this, just drawing a blank on where they said such in hindsight.

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

It's gonna be funny still, having Samus be forced to work with Ridley on this venture.

"Ridley, take out that pair of Master Hands!"

"SCREEEEEECH (No problem! I'll just pretend they're your parents!)"

"...Why did we invite him again?"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

10 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

I forget. How did we come to the conclusion that the 5 characters are planned in advance? Not contesting this, just drawing a blank on where they said such in hindsight.

There you go. 

9 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

There you go. 

The part where he states that Rex couldn't make it in before they were done planning DLC right?