Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

The exact phrasing doesn't make it clear that he's saying the planning of the game or the DLC.  When I watched the direct, I assumed he was talking about the former.  He was fairly clear that the development on the main 5 DLC characters won't begin until after the main game goes gold, which is likely still a couple of weeks off.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

The part where he states that Rex couldn't make it in before they were done planning DLC right?

Um yes that's why I had it at that time frame. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So uh... Has anyone seen any sort of Final Fantasy Spirits? I haven't seen any in the footage yet. I'm really hoping Square didn't make it so they can't use JPEGs of their characters or some nonsense.

It seems like he was referring to having the DLC planned out to me - I feel like they’d have to in order to deliver them all within the next year, given how long making characters can take. We can kind of see this with another game from Namco, Tekken 7 - Negan in Season 2 of the DLC was announced at least 6 months in advance of his release, let alone planned. I say at least because we don’t even have any footage or a release date for him yet! So I’d imagine whilst actually producing the characters may not have started, they at least know what they’ll be working on at this stage, to help facilitate that “by 2020” deadline.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Um yes that's why I had it at that time frame. 

Hrrrm. @JezMM does kind of bring up an egging point about the lack of specification.

Could we have been wrong about assuming that they were referring to the DLC instead of the base roster???

1 hour ago, Tracker_TD said:

DrHLdxWU0AAlizu.jpg

The thumbnail for Adventure Mode may have let slip a boss/enemy you'll encounter in the mode. There's stage bosses here, like the Bridge of Eldin guy, the Werewolf, and Rathalos... but there's also the Lumen Sage from Bayonetta! Really cool addition if that turns out to be the case. 

With this in mind, let's form a list of bosses that've been confirmed or not:

Confirmed: Rathalos, Dracula, Galleom 

Implied: King Bulbin, Werewolf, Lumen Sage, Metal Face, Yellow Devil, Dark Emperor, Petey Piranha

Unknown: Porky, Rayquaza, Duon, Master Hand (Will he even be in the new Classic Mode?, Fight MH Clones in WOL?), Tabuu (Soul, penultimate boss before Galeem)

Doubtful: Ridley, (obviously) Master Core (Maybe its forms could become separate battles, at least let me experience Master Fortress without having to go through batshit difficulty to even reach it)

2 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

I'm really hoping Square didn't make it so they can't use JPEGs of their characters or some nonsense.

What's wrong with them having Spirits? Anyway, apparently Geno has shown up in the Spirits mode as either a spirit or an icon.

23 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

So uh... Has anyone seen any sort of Final Fantasy Spirits? I haven't seen any in the footage yet. I'm really hoping Square didn't make it so they can't use JPEGs of their characters or some nonsense.

There's supposedly one of Zack

30 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

What's wrong with them having Spirits? Anyway, apparently Geno has shown up in the Spirits mode as either a spirit or an icon.

There's nothing wrong with them having Spirits, I'm hoping FF /does/ have Spirits. I was wondering why I didn't see any and I thought maybe Squeenix was being stingy or something since there's still only 2 music tracks.

I dunno if Geno being there means anything honestly, since he was already a Mii Costume.

11 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

There's supposedly one of Zack

Hm, interesting... I hope we get more than just FF7 stuff then. A Noctis Spirit would be cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

You’ll get Lightning and like it

37 minutes ago, SupahBerry said:

Unknown: Porky, Rayquaza, Duon, Master Hand (Will he even be in the new Classic Mode?, Fight MH Clones in WOL?), Tabuu (Soul, penultimate boss before Galeem

Tabuu was shown I believe on the map 

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, KHCast said:

You’ll get Lightning and like it

Tabuu was shown I believe on the map 

I'm one of 6 people that quite likes Lightning, so ye

Any images of Tabuu or no?

1 minute ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

I'm one of 6 people that quite likes Lightning, so ye

Any images of Tabuu or no?

Nairo loves her.  She's one of his sub icons on Twitch (3 Months-the day before the start of 6 months)

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, KHCast said:

https://clips.twitch.tv/TangentialTrustworthyWhalePoooound?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

So we finally have some of the “new” music for Sonic 

Hide contents

It’s fucking Infinite’s Theme from Forces. Vocal...

Yep. That’s...yep

I'm so gonna pump that music loud when mopping the floor with ya'll as Sonic, Ridley, Cloud and/or Simon. The most fitting mains of mine for such.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, KHCast said:

https://clips.twitch.tv/TangentialTrustworthyWhalePoooound?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

So we finally have some of the “new” music for Sonic 

Hide contents

It’s fucking Infinite’s Theme from Forces. Vocal...

Yep. That’s...yep

This is clearly Smash 4 footage. Nairo just modded the song in

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 2
  • Absolutely 2

To be fair, the streamer in question has been going back and forth then between Smash Ultimate and 4 content, the two games visually at a glance look pretty damn similar outside the lightning, and I don’t watch him so that threw me off

• Way Past Cool 1

As much as I'd be just fine with Infinite's theme in the game, the true angst will come from deciding which of the two bright happy grass Sonic levels with dancing flowers I want to set it to play on.

• Chuckle 4

Honestly, I'm warming up... to everything. At this point I'm just excited for the content that is in the game. Roster, stages, assists, Spirits, Classic, World of Light, DLC, etc. It's a lot of stuff, I won't miss the stage builder and home run contest or that bomb thing mode, because honestly I didn't play those in other Smash games, although stage builder was a neat feature for other players, there is a lot of customization though! Let's be excited for all the massive content that made it in. It's just that fucking fake leak that made us spoiled at first and then disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 3

38 minutes ago, I Love Sticks said:

Honestly, I'm warming up... to everything. At this point I'm just excited for the content that is in the game. Roster, stages, assists, Spirits, Classic, World of Light, DLC, etc. It's a lot of stuff, I won't miss the stage builder and home run contest or that bomb thing mode, because honestly I didn't play those in other Smash games, although stage builder was a neat feature for other players, there is a lot of customization though! Let's be excited for all the massive content that made it in. It's just that fucking fake leak that made us spoiled at first and then disappointed.

Are we sure that the Homerun contest, Stage Builder, or Target Smash aren't in the game though? I know they didn't talk about them in the Direct but they still could be in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wonder if there's even a passing hope that Eggman's in there serving as a boss.

We've got Dr. Wily acting as AT, might as well get the other doctor here in some form.

• Thumbs Up 2

I definitely will be disappointed if Stage Builder isn't in.  I may not be able to get into Spirits or Mii Costumes much in terms of "pretend the characters you wanted are in the game with your IMAGINATION!!" but for me, Stage Builder does manage that just a little bit for stages I wished got in.  Granted I'm more talking "stages I came up with in my head" than the 6 or 7 that are missing, since Rainbow Road and Mute City GCN would be... on the tough side to re-create, lol (at best, you could choose your two favourites stopping spots and set them both on stage morph mode).

But yeah.  Home-Run Contest I won't PERSONALLY miss but it seems like it wouldn't be hard to throw into the game at all surely, would be bizarre to not include it.  I doubt anyone would even be upset if they used the same visuals from 4 again.

The bomb thing that replaced target test can go die and I'd be not upset at all if it's gone with no replacement lol.

• Thumbs Up 2