- Blaze
- Metal Sonic
- Silver

And outside of the Direct, I've heard we have:
- Shadow
- Infinite
- Big
- Super Sonic

We got a very good amount of Sonic PNGs. 

I will definitely have Knuckles equipped to my Mii Brawler with the Knuckles costume.

• Thumbs Up 3

22 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

I think Eggman could be a spirit too.

I mean if all of those characters are in, Eggman is basically a lock. Maybe he'll even be a boss.

• Thumbs Up 3

33 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

I think Eggman could be a spirit too.

zjRXWXi.jpg

Definitely, yeah. He's right there on the website, front and centre, under the "how to play" section.

• Thumbs Up 8

Fist Bump is in (A Discord partner of mine who is a music ripper for YouTube by the name of Crunchii confirmed it)

4 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

- Shadow
- Super Sonic

Can confirm these two (Sakurai showed off a bit more of Smash during Nintendo Live, and these were visible)

Shadow can evolve too... I'm assuming he turns into Super Shadow but I dunno what art they're gonna use for it.

Yeah. I'm still sad about the trophies being gone. I understand that they were too hard to make but I would have accepted the use of PNGs so long as there was a little room where I could go and look at my stockpile and read up on the characters.

I guess I don't know if they still won't do that but I'm worried it'll be more like the stickers. 

Everything else, I'm happy with. 

Now all I need is a Nintendo Switch.

• Thumbs Up 1

Papa Geno has come out after the direct finally to give his thoughts on a few things, mainly pertaining to his source, what he expects of the dlc, and other sources that have come to him. He still makes some great points on his stances and what he feels.

A few people including vergeben have brought up the potential that Square Enix would get more than one dlc slot, and if thats the case, I think Geno + Sora makes the most sense financially and hype wise. Square prob wouldn’t wanna use only Geno for their new rep as he’s an obscure character probably not coming back ever, so a likely deal being made for him plus another Square character seems believable, and KH3 is garnering a butt load of attention. Dragon quest has been thrown out by leakpandy, but I’m iffy there. He’s apparently not all too reliable. Regardless, most insiders seem to agree Square will likely be the first dlc reveal so Geno or Sora given the time frame makes a ton of sense. Especially if Disney and Nomura gave a thumbs up.As for other characters PG is guessing, Bandana dee, Lloyd, Banjo/Steve, Heihachi all seem to be up there as well.

edit: apparently Resident Evil is a rumored character 

• Thumbs Up 1

In terms of DLC, I'd like Sora, Elma, a different Golden Sun character (haven't played Dark Dawn yet but I guess Matthew would make the most sense), uh... Rex & Pyra? And maybe Phoenix Wright or Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

If we were to assume Assist Trophies could be promoted, I'd take Isaac over Matthew and Shadow over Wright/Dante.

Some more awesome Sonic & Pikachu Fanart by Tripplejaz on Twitter

DrHYJ3hVsAAwEw7.jpg

The next time someone says #ToeiSonic isn't the best, just remind them that in the good future, he saved Pikachu.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 7

1 hour ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

In terms of DLC, I'd like Sora, Elma, a different Golden Sun character (haven't played Dark Dawn yet but I guess Matthew would make the most sense), uh... Rex & Pyra? And maybe Phoenix Wright or Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

If we were to assume Assist Trophies could be promoted, I'd take Isaac over Matthew and Shadow over Wright/Dante.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Resident Evil was a Capcom choice tbh. It’s a pretty historical and popular franchise, and horror isn’t represented much within the Smash franchise. My bets would be on Leon or Chris if they went with that. 

• Thumbs Up 2

That's a very interesting suggestion.  Resident Evil has a pretty respectable history with Nintendo; and just a few days ago, no less than three classic RE games were announced for Switch ports.

3 hours ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Shadow can evolve too... I'm assuming he turns into Super Shadow but I dunno what art they're gonna use for it.

Probably this one.

latest?cb=20091210224334

Was a bit of art made around the time of the Jazwares Super Pack coming out, it was found on an Art Assets DVD.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

I mean if all of those characters are in, Eggman is basically a lock. Maybe he'll even be a boss.

I'm not gonna lie, I wish Eggman was an assist trophy since Wily got one too.

Even better, imagine if we got a duo fight against Sonic and Mega Man using Wily/Eggman spirits as a Worlds Collide reference.

2 hours ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

a different Golden Sun character (haven't played Dark Dawn yet but I guess Matthew would make the most sense)

I've seen people bring this up, but there's just no chance of this happening. Isaac is the talked about character, he's the most important GS character in general. If any GS character gets a playable spot, its Isaac. I'd go as far as to say that replacing Isaac's AT with Garet, Felix, or Matthew and making Isaac playable is far more likely than any other outcome.

And if AT promotions to playable as DLC aren't a thing, no GS characters will be playable as DLC.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

I've seen people bring this up, but there's just no chance of this happening. Isaac is the talked about character, he's the most important GS character in general. If any GS character gets a playable spot, its Isaac. I'd go as far as to say that replacing Isaac's AT with Garet, Felix, or Matthew and making Isaac playable is far more likely than any other outcome.

And if AT promotions to playable as DLC aren't a thing, no GS characters will be playable as DLC.

Billy and pap Geno threw out old Issac as an idea 

11 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Billy and pap Geno threw out old Issac as an idea 

I don't think its really that big of a deal, honestly. A playable model would look way updated by comparison anyway. But if Camelot is working on a new Golden Sun game, its possible Isaac will have an updated design and they'd convince Sakurai to go with that.

I do like older Isaac's design a lot, but his classic design is more known. Regardless, there are other solutions. Again, they could just replace Isaac with Garet as an AT (Isaac only uses hand Psynergy, which Garet can use all of as well). Or they could just have two Isaac's running around. They didn't seem to care that much about Chrom being used in Robin's FS against Chrom. I know its not quite the same thing, but they look far closer than a playable Isaac would to Isaac's AT.

Anyway, no idea on whether or not it'll happen. I think if anyone gets that treatment, though, Isaac is probably in the best position for it. The reasoning could just be they wanted Isaac in the game at base, didn't have time to make him (especially because he's a pretty complex character if taking all options into consideration), so maybe they just gave him an AT as a temporary stopgap so he's not missing all-together this time.

Obviously, I don't actively think this is the case. Its just a possible idea I have in consideration. Really, its hard to say what Sakurai has planned. Currently I just think the five DLC characters are characters who couldn't make the base roster (which IMO makes Isaac much more likely as DLC), but we can't really know. The main reason I think this is the case is Sakurai's statements on Rex, where they basically implied Rex was too late to even make the DLC (which, again, implies to me that they were going first for characters that just couldn't make the base roster).

We'll just have to wait and see, but I hope he doesn't wait too long to reveal the DLC characters. I'd like to know who they are well in advance of release.

• Thumbs Up 3

Turns out Wii Fit Trainer wasn't being dumb with her last moments. (Further proof that she's best Smash girl)

Also gotta give props to Duck for refusing to abandon his doggo friend.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Way Past Cool 1

17 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

Or they could just have two Isaac's running around. They didn't seem to care that much about Chrom being used in Robin's FS against Chrom. 

Or ZSS turning into Samus and blasting Samus. Or the moon in the great bay stage existing alongside the moon assist trophy. They really don’t care about consistency lol

• Thumbs Up 2

Sora is my most-wanted character out of the "characters that are probably gonna be DLC" club. I'm a big Disney and KH geek, so Sora showing up would be amazing.

Hell, Sora's potential reveal trailer would probably be as much of a hype moment for me as Mega Man's announcement was for Sm4sh.

25 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Or ZSS turning into Samus and blasting Samus. Or the moon in the great bay stage existing alongside the moon assist trophy. They really don’t care about consistency lol

Yeah, its really random when they don't want a playable character to cross over with an NPC version of the same character. DK and Duck Hunt can interact with their 8-bit selves but standard Adult Link makes Conductor Link get replaced by Alfonzo.

I'm really hoping they do add Isaac as DLC. But I appreciate all the love GS is getting regardless.

24 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

Sora is my most-wanted character out of the "characters that are probably gonna be DLC" club. I'm a big Disney and KH geek, so Sora showing up would be amazing.

Hell, Sora's potential reveal trailer would probably be as much of a hype moment for me as Mega Man's announcement was for Sm4sh.

I'm really mixed on Sora getting included, but frankly I'd much rather have Sora over Geno. I have heard that the other big Square Enix IP (other than Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, I mean), Dragon Quest, might be even more complex to get a character for, and I think Sora was far more requested than Dragon Quest anyway. Plus with KH coming out, it'd be highly advantageous for SE to get Sora in Smash as a promo.

The main thing I think won't happen is Disney characters getting added into Smash in other roles (like Spirits or costumes). We'd probably only see KH original characters in that regard.

KH has more than enough original characters to work, honestly. You have Riku and Kairi, Xehanort and his clones, Organization XII, Lea and the Wayfinder Trio, for starters. And then of course you have the metric boatloads of Heartless, Nobodies, Unversed and Dream Eaters.

And yeah, I don't dislike Geno, but his inclusion would be pretty much pandering to a really small cult following. It'd make more sense to use another Square character, like Sora, Chrono, another Final Fantasy character, a Bravely series character, someone from Octopath Traveler, a Dragon Quest character, and hell, even Neku.

Like, I love E-102 Gamma, but I still think Tails, Knuckles, Amy or Shadow would belong as playable characters more than he does.

My final official guess for the Square Enix situation is that they’ll get 2 characters out of the 5, with one being Geno simply because sakurai wants him and he’s a highly requested character. He’s be another Mario/Nintendo character more than Square Enix one as well. The other character would be either Sora or some other square rep like Laura Croft or dragon quest, but if the leakers are right about the first revealed dlc being a square character, I’d definitely believe Sora more than anyone else as they’d probably want it to coincide with the KH3 release 

19 minutes ago, KHCast said:

My final official guess for the Square Enix situation is that they’ll get 2 characters out of the 5, with one being Geno simply because sakurai wants him and he’s a highly requested character. He’s be another Mario/Nintendo character more than Square Enix one as well. The other character would be either Sora or some other square rep like Laura Croft or dragon quest, but if the leakers are right about the first revealed dlc being a square character, I’d definitely believe Sora more than anyone else as they’d probably want it to coincide with the KH3 release 

I don't think that'll happen at all, honestly. One or the other, not both.

• Thumbs Up 1