Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

23 minutes ago, KHCast said:

My final official guess for the Square Enix situation is that they’ll get 2 characters out of the 5

Meh, I think that'd be too generous coming from Square. Remember that these are the people that only allowed FF to have 2 songs.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don’t see why that wouldn’t be the case, Geno wouldn’t be a Square only rep so he wouldn’t really make sense as THE “square rep”, and who’s to say Square can’t get more than one spot? Plus vergben along with a few other people have said it’s a possibility with all the Square names they’re hearing 

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Even better, imagine if we got a duo fight against Sonic and Mega Man using Wily/Eggman spirits as a Worlds Collide reference.

Considering the wacky references we've been getting shown so far, that is quite within the realm of possibility.

1 hour ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Turns out Wii Fit Trainer wasn't being dumb with her last moments. (Further proof that she's best Smash girl)

Also gotta give props to Duck for refusing to abandon his doggo friend.

Okay, now explain what the fidge villager was hoping to accomplish while running around in circles.

• Chuckle 1

8 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Okay, now explain what the fidge villager was hoping to accomplish while running around in circles.

Some people don't keep their cool as well as others in life-or-death situations. What was he supposed to do?

• Promotion 2

One could argue he had balloons or could plant and hide behind a tree, but granted that his section was at the tail end of all the carnage and he'd just watched everyone get obliterated in spite of similar efforts I don't really blame him for panicking.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

Dr. Mario has a new back throw! It's a YEET

I wonder if there are any other changes he has besides that and his dair?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

Fist Bump in Ultimate (THanks to my man Crunchii)

He has no idea about Sonic Mania music (He has permission from Nintendo to rip their songs as long as he doesn't do the full thing, which is how he became the first one to get the menu theme)

(We're in the same Discord)

Returning are: Green Hill Zone, Reach for the Stars, Green Hill Zone, Open Your Heart, Windy Hill Zone Zone 1, and Angel Island Zone (The remix from Brawl)

What I want from the "Square Enix rep"

Image result for cronoor Image result for geno

My expectations for Vergeben's supposed "Square Enix rep:"

image.jpeg.55afaae2af7eb53a7d89cabfd519cdbb.jpeg

• Chuckle 1

Geno is NOT a Square Enix character though...this is a big misconception I feel. He’s co-owned by Nintendo, and for all intensive purposes is a Mario character. Square just have legal say on if it’s okay or not, same way Disney would for Sora, but that doesn’t make him a “Disney” rep. That to me would be pretty weak for Geno to be the “square” rep vs just his own slot since he’s more associated with Mario than Square.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Geno is NOT a Square Enix character though...this is a big misconception I feel. He’s co-owned by Nintendo, and for all intensive purposes is a Mario character. Square just have legal say on if it’s okay or not, same way Disney would for Sora, but that doesn’t make him a “Disney” rep. That to me would be pretty weak for Geno to be the “square” rep vs just his own slot since he’s more associated with Mario than Square.

Legally he's owned by Square Enix.  He was published by them.  

• Promotion 1

His origin is still Mario a Nintendo franchise, making him a Mario character as in if he showed up, he’d be under the Mario logo, making him more than anything a Mario rep. He wouldn’t be representing Square as he’s not a Square Enix character that represents any square franchises. He’d represent Mario 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

His origin is still Mario a Nintendo franchise, making him a Mario character as in if he showed up, he’d be under the Mario logo, making him more than anything a Mario rep. He wouldn’t be representing Square as he’s not a Square Enix character that represents any square franchises. He’d represent Mario 

So are Wario, DK and Yoshi; who all are repped in their own series.  He hasn't even been featured in a mainline Mario game tbh

Yeah those characters branched out into their own franchises? Hence why you said their own series. Geno did not...he’s in a spin-off sure but it’s still a Mario spinoff and it’s the only thing he’s been in

edit: some more discussion on this vergben info

• Thumbs Up 1

Square created Geno and all the other original Mario RPG characters. He's one of theirs for all intents and purposes. To debate otherwise is just splitting hairs.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Square created Geno and all the other original Mario RPG characters. He's one of theirs for all intents and purposes. To debate otherwise is just splitting hairs.

Under that logic, you would call Shade the Echidna a BioWare rep.

Despite the fact that they own the rights to her character - no matter how you introduce her,  people are going to see her as a Sonic character first and formost. Especially casuals.

Geno is in that same boat. It doesn't really matter who made him, or who owns his rights. He was created as a character to participate within the Mario franchise. Perception is reality.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

He’d still be treated as a Mario character, not a Square Enix separate franchise in the game. And regardless, It’d still be pretty underwhelming for their 3rd party dlc rep if they’re only getting one to be Geno, a character more associated with Mario than them that they probably wouldn’t benefit from personally, and is only really happening due to sakurai’s desire to include him.

He’d still be treated as a Mario character, not a Square Enix separate franchise in the game. And regardless, It’d still be pretty underwhelming for their dlc rep if they’re only getting one to be Geno, a character more associated with Mario than them that they probably wouldn’t benefit from personally, and is only really happening due to sakurai’s desire to include him.

Just say you'd rather have Sora in the game and save yourself some time and energy

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Just say you'd rather have Sora in the game and save yourself some time and energy

If that’s what you’re boiling this down to, that’s pretty petty, immature and shit of you to ignore my points to make some witty “you’re just biased” point. I thought you were above that. There’s more characters/franchises outside Sora I’d see as benefitting square more than Geno. Dragon quest, tomb raider(Lara) to name a few. Twewy also has a bunch of characters. Relavent franchises that are in the industry spotlight. Geno literally comes from a spin-off and that’s it. If 3rd parties are gonna get dlc they probably are gonna wanna use it as a promotion of a relavent franchise in order to garner more potential fans. 

No shit I want Sora, but I’m not gonna blindly just without a reason discredit anyone standing in his way. He’s a viable option, but certainly not the only one. I just don’t think if they’re only getting one character, they’re going with Geno

If that’s what you’re boiling this down to, that’s pretty petty, immature and shit of you to ignore my points to make some witty “you’re just biased” point. 

It's not about you being biased. It's about you being honest instead of flinging a bunch of petty "objective" half truths at someone for saying they were excited about a certain character.

It's okay to just want things. There's no case to argue here aside from semantics. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There really isn’t a half truth in what I’ve said. He’s a Mario character and as such would be repped as a Mario character. Where’s the end benefit for Square in using their potential only dlc slot on a irrelevant spinoff  Mario character as opposed to anyone else they have that can draw attention and hype for their games? Unless Geno is getting a revival somehow, there really is none. I’m not even against Geno in smash, but unless square are given 2 slots one for him and one for whoever they actually want, I don’t see it being likely. Especially with Vergben saying how squares thrown multiple names around, it really sounds like it wouldn’t be “obviously” Geno, or even Sora.  This isn’t even an argument about Sora’s chances, it’s about the idea of Geno as dlc. Which I happen to think is on the lower side 

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

There really isn’t a half truth in what I’ve said. He’s a Mario character and as such would be repped as a Mario character. Where’s the end benefit for Square in using their potential only dlc slot on a irrelevant spinoff  Mario character as opposed to anyone else they have that can draw attention and hype for their games? Unless Geno is getting a revival somehow, there really is none

Not every character is treated as a business opportunity. Capcom didn't exactly have Megaman games in the pipeline back in 2014. One of the Sega characters is well documented enormous financial liability Bayonetta. 

Sometimes characters are just put in because they're fun and will make people excited. The day Smash is treated strictly as a commercial is the day it becomes uninteresting. 

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Not every character is treated as a business opportunity. Capcom didn't exactly have Megaman games in the pipeline back in 2014. One of the Sega characters is well documented enormous financial liability Bayonetta. 

Sometimes characters are just put in because they're fun and will make people excited. The day Smash is treated strictly as a commercial is the day it becomes uninteresting. 

Cloud got in and his games coming to switch. Banjo’s license got renewed and he’s been touted as a possibility. Minecraft possibly could get in. Megaman still saw a kind of revival after smash 4. Had bayonetta not been on switch/Wii U, I doubt she’d be in. The street fighter classic games were some of the launching switch titles. 3rd party characters usually ARE more grounded in business because companies aren’t just gonna throw in whoever unless there’s some kind of net gain. They have less exposure compared to the Nintendo content obviously. Even castlevania I’d argue is in partly due to Konami’s low low positive perception and them attempting to bolster goodwill. Sure I won’t contest sometimes/most times it’s out of genuine goodwill and cause sakurai works his ass off to get those ones on cause of his vision, but video games are also a marketable venture, and business will end up playing a role sometimes in certain decisions.(hence why we always get a new Pokémon in every smash and there are so many FE characters.) And I wouldn’t put it past Square Enix of all the companies to think the latter more than the former. And it’s not like that would be even bad, as sometimes it’s characters people want. Just kinda ends up as a win win in most instances with smash. DLC is meant to grab attention and sell, they’re not really able to just use it for whoever since if it’s selling for a loss, that’s obviously not good, especially if there are more well known financially safe options. So yeah there’s definitely a more business side of things with post game content. Geno while a cult popular, probably won’t grab big numbers as dlc like a Lara Croft or Dragon Quest or Sora. He always came off to me as best for base roster. Though then I guess that’s always kinda been the point of smash, exposing people to new characters, so who knows, maybe Nintendo would see this dlc no different than anything else they do. 

I don’t know man, I just think there are a lot more options that would make more sense than Geno for DLC.(not that I’d be annoyed if he’s in a guess ultimately, but like I initially said, I’d feel underwhelmed a bit seeing as he’s just end of the day just another Mario rep.)