Jump to content
Sonictrainer

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - PLEASE SPOILER TAG LEAKS

Recommended Posts

You guys do realise this argument is kind of completely flawed when Cloud got in when a mainline Final Fantasy title hadn’t appeared on the console for years?

Like, it’s pretty exceedingly obvious if a character is popular enough, they’ll make some kind of play to get them if there’s enough fan demand, at least in terms of full on game characters. Not to mention that Sora and KH actually had story relevant games on Nintendo consoles, right up to Dream Drop Distance unlike Final Fantasy.

Simple as, if Cloud got in despite being associated with Sony and only Sony due to FF7, Sora has as much of a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Well, that and the fact that Nintendo and Microsoft are getting quite buddy buddy with stuff. Also, the fact that Phil Spencer even said he'd be all for it.

13 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Squares been pretty Buddy with Nintendo and both Shinji and Disney have expressed how they’d be for it to see Sora in smash. Just sayin 

 

11 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

And even more ironically, now Cloud technically has more content on with Nintendo than Sora does. How the tables have turned.

Cloud has had 7 and a few short cameos within KH and a rhythm game. Actual story relavent games (CoM, Days, Re:Coded, 3D) featuring Sora have been on Nintendo hardware first before the collections hit for PlayStation. I’d say the favor still when discussing Nintendo ties lies with Sora personally 

again, you’re acting like my argument is for Sora when I’ve said multiple times it’s not, so not sure why you’re going “well why not sephiroth, or Neku?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, KHCast said:

so not sure why you’re going “well why not sephiroth, or Neku?”

Cause the argument has been on what would make Square more money. Which is likely a character that markets stuff of theirs while also being on material available for the Switch, especially to get Nintendo all the more on board to agree with it.

Like, if you're trying to argue which franchise has the more potential costumers, also including those more likely to have a Switch for their respective games or franchises. Fans of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Octopath or the World Ends With You, are going to more viable than fans of Kingdom Hearts, statistically speaking.

32 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

You guys do realise this argument is kind of completely flawed when Cloud got in when a mainline Final Fantasy title hadn’t appeared on the console for years?

I mean, it wouldn't be a surprise that his addition to Smash heralded the return of Final Fantasy to Nintendo. Not surprised the ports didn't come to the Wii U since by the time of Cloud's addition, the system was in its swan days. So of course they were saving them for the Switch.

Sora getting in when when his new game is only coming to the PS4 and Xbox One (crowed completely new to Kingdom Hearts) and not the Nintendo Switch, especially when a lot of vocal shouting isn't exactly what one would call in favor for Sora, why would they include that character? Not saying it's impossible, but we have to take Square's business mentality in mind here.

28 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Squares been pretty Buddy with Nintendo and both Shinji and Disney have expressed how they’d be for it to see Sora in smash.

I know about Shinji's accidental tweet, but Disney??? First I'm hearing about that. Got a source?

Either way, that's not even a guarantee on Microsoft's part with Banjo. That's just partly why fans are hype for the bear. And let's not forget for business and money reasons, that's partly why people fear we're getting Minecraft instead. And admittedly Mincecraft actually has had a presence on the Switch.

28 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Cloud has had 7 and a few short cameos within KH and a rhythm game.

Ahem, I wouldn't call those cameos short. Also, he's a major player in World of Final Fantasy also coming to the Switch, while Sora is DLC. Also, he's in Final Fantasy Travelers.

28 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I’d say the favor still when discussing Nintendo ties lies with Sora personally 

Furthermore, Cloud's interactions with Nintendo are more recent and closer to the present. Whereas Sora hasn't had interaction with Nintendo since 2012.

 

32 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

if Cloud got in despite being associated with Sony and only Sony due to FF7,

Eh, not he's seen as that anymore these days. But even back then his stuff was also out on PC. Also, that the thing. Nowadays Cloud ain't seen as just a Sony boy. While Sora isn't either, the fact that with Kingdom Hearts 3's development campaign, Nintendo have been the sole party of the big 3 left out, doesn't help things, considering the bad taste it may come off as.

At least with 7 remake (which was even hinted as possible for the Switch even back when they were calling it the NX), that thing was coming solely to Sony console-wise (for the time being), so it didn't feel as odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

To be fair, that's partly Nintendo's fault for how badly executed their Direct on Thursday was. We didn't really get much new stuff to talk about. Much of it was spent on features and whatnot.

Wait what? We didn't get much new stuff to talk about but yet we got to talk about features? Isn't that new stuff? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jovahexeon Joranvexeon So like are we ignoring how I literally said in that very post you quoted how I wasn’t arguing for Sora? Cause you seem dead set on convincing be other viable more likely options exist aside from Sora, which again, I’m not arguing against...smh

21 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

know about Shinji's accidental tweet, but Disney??? First I'm hearing about that. Got a source?

Either way, that's not even a guarantee on Microsoft's part with Banjo. That's just partly why fans are hype for the bear. And let's not forget for business and money reasons, that's partly why people fear we're getting Minecraft instead. And admittedly Mincecraft actually has had a presence on the Switch.

HMK’s video where he was explaining how he talked to a head at Disney japan who expressed how they’d be open to seeing Sora in Smash and asked HMK if that’s what fans wanted 

also I’m aware of that? That’s why I’ve pointed out why it possibly could make Geno less of a viable option for these guys with all the competition from Squares actual library. Yes, there’s a business/marketing/money side when it comes to dlc, and with that consideeed it puts Geno at less of a chance when Square likely are only gonna get one extra character 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Wait what? We didn't get much new stuff to talk about but yet we got to talk about features? Isn't that new stuff? 

Features like brightness setting and "Help Menu" options. Also, I never said we didn't have new stuff. But a lot of that stuff isn't as fueling to talk about or speculate, since we know it's coming and the game isn't too far away.

That's not to say that you can't speculate about them, lord knows Classic Mode looks like it's got stuff. World of Light would have higher speculation if they didn't run with the mentality that there's not much story which has just led most people to peg it as a glorified events mode with board to it, though that's thankfully beginning to not look the case, as it seems we've got a story mode after all.

Point is that, don't be surprised that character roster speculation is still the leading speculation as there wasn't much THAT exciting to to talk about.

23 minutes ago, KHCast said:

how I wasn’t arguing for Sora? Cause you seem dead set on convincing be other viable more likely options exist aside from Sora, which again,

I have no idea what you're saying here with that sentence. Also, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm just stating things the way they be on levels of logic. Support whoever you wanna support.

I mean, if you think I'm trying to convince you, that's not the point of the debate at hand I'm afraid.

I'm simply stating the factors at hand.

Again, the topic at hand was what would make Square more money in their heads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Like, if you're trying to argue which franchise has the more potential costumers, also including those more likely to have a Switch for their respective games or franchises. Fans of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Octopath or the World Ends With You, are going to more viable than fans of Kingdom Hearts, statistically speaking.

So what’s the point of, in response to me, stating these facts when I’m not challenging them, and singling Sora out as the least likely of those square characters? The way it comes off in your post, it sounds like I’ve been trying to argue for Sora only and say he’s got the best chance out of anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly at this point where we got a generic enemy as a playable character I don't know who I can consider to be not popular/important enough. :V

Of course, it is an enemy from Mario which is Nintendo's biggest franchise, so I guess that's different from 3rd party characters.

I don't really know who's most likely or least likely, I just want my boy Sora if we're getting a Square Enix character!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KHCast said:

 way it comes off in your post, it sounds like I’ve been trying to argue for Sora only and say he’s got the best chance out of anyone.

Nah,  but it did stem from the debate about Sora being more viable than Geno.

 

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Would Neku really be more viable? I’m not knocking TWEWY but wasn’t that always more of the “cult classic” game as opposed to one with a massive fanbase?

The Switch re-release brought a resurgence. Now,  if Kingdom Hearts actually brings support to the Switch,  then that's another story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Nah,  but it did stem from the debate about Sora being more viable than Geno.

I never specified Sora anywhere in this debate, and simply explained how I felt Geno out of anyone else potentially Square would pick, again not just Sora, would in terms of dlc not be that high on their radar more than likely, it could happen, but personally I’m not putting much stake in it, and given information vergben has stated with the square rep being the first one revealed and with them throwing multiple names out apparently, yeah I happen to think the odds rule more in favor with someone like Sora over Geno personally.

43 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

The Switch re-release brought a resurgence. Now,  if Kingdom Hearts actually brings support to the Switch,  then that's another story. 

Dude that game got bodied in terms of reception with critics both fan and official recommending people not buy it

but yeah, done with this argument. Wake me when the character is revealed.(likely at the VGA’s)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Dude that game got bodied in terms of reception with critics both fan and official

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/the-world-ends-with-you-final-remix

"Mixed to positive" with the majority being positive,  isn't what I would call being critically bodied in reception. The docked mode got heavy critiquing, but not to the point where it hurt sales. Game overall still got good praise,  so I don't see what point you're trying to make. 

If anything,  it's more like people were warned about the issues with docked mode. Nor discouraged from buying it by critics en masse,  official or otherwise. 

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

never specified Sora anywhere in this debate,

Ummmm,  yes you did.  Throughout this debate even. I mean this whole thing started from the idea that Square would get 2 out of the 5 dlc spots, because supposedly Sora would be more viable than Geno and thus a part of some deal in getting the latter. 

Look,  you wanna table things, that's fine,  but I've simply just said my piece,  given the facts and defended my position with evidence. 

Nothing aggressive about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never actually specified Sora I said Geno + a traditional Square Enix would probably be Genos best shot at dlc. If I initially said Sora that got shafted pretty damn quick, but I don’t recall only bringing him up. You’re free to quote me where I’ve made my “point” and argument only in Sora, but iirc I brought up tomb raider and twewy, along with final fantasy in general 

(also I should note, that my two reps theory stems more from the fact leakers like vergben and a few others have brought it up as a possibility, and it to me certainly makes sense if Square wouldn’t wanna place all their chips in Geno)

the only reason in this debate currently I’m bringing him up is because you’re the one bringing him up, like just...what? Literally where have I specified that my argument has been built on Geno vs Sora?:/ 

41 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Noir discouraged from buying it by critics en masse,  official or otherwise. 

59 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Umm, you must not have seen any of the YouTube reviews which while praising handheld, said they couldn’t recommend it because of its price even telling people to get the iOS version 

your “facts” also seem more like personal interpretations tbh. It’s not a fact cloud is more related to Nintendo, it’s not a fact twewy now got a resurgence larger enough to warrant a character. That’s a guess. An educated guess, but guess nonetheless. I’ve also presented my thoughts and educated guesses and stand by them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Umm, you must not have seen any of the YouTube reviews which while praising handheld, said they couldn’t recommend it because of its price even telling people to get the iOS version 

Okay,  you're kinda reaching if you're using that to suggest that WEWY Final Remix didn't cause a resurgence of the v fandom.

I mean,  with all due respect, critics don't really dictate how fandoms feel, and that's implying that the reviews were all negative. 

Again, you claimed that supposedly the review was bodied badly,  but the reception says otherwise. And how many even said that stuff specifically is up for debate. 

35 minutes ago, KHCast said:

(also I should note, that my two reps theory stems more from the fact leakers like vergben and a few others have brought it up as a possibility, and it to me certainly makes sense if Square wouldn’t wanna place all their chips in Geno)

That's where the idea comes from. I mean, it pretty much states that ya state Geno has less a chance. Not that I care about Geno,  but your argument with Wrath led from one thing to another,  of course involving Sora.

Never suggested that the source of your side of the debate was from you.

25 minutes ago, KHCast said:

your “facts” also seem more like personal interpretations tbh. It’s not a fact cloud is more related to Nintendo, it’s not a fact twewy now got a resurgence larger enough to warrant a character. 

I never said those,  nor did I claim such as facts. You may have misinterpreted bits of what I had to say. Never did I describe the size of TWEWY's resurgence, I stated that it did have a resurgence. That fact supported my claim that he has more of a presence with Switch owners.

And as for Cloud, I never denied described him as more relatable to Nintendo. Look,  if it's coming to the point where you're trying to mince words and half-truths with me, I think it's a clear sign that this debate has reached its conclusion. 

I mean,  let's not turn this debate into a bout of whodunnit. Now that that's out of the way,  let's get back to talking about Smash. 

Has anyone else heard of a rumor that there's a second direct supposedly coming soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Okay,  you're kinda reaching if you're using that to suggest that WEWY Final Remix didn't cause a resurgence of the v fandom.

I mean,  with all due respect, critics don't really dictate how fandoms feel, and that's implying that the reviews were all negative. 

Again, you claimed that supposedly the review was bodied badly,  but the reception says otherwise. And how many even said that stuff specifically is up for debate. 

That's where the idea comes from. I mean, it pretty much states that ya state Geno has less a chance. Not that I care about Geno,  but your argument with Wrath led from one thing to another,  of course involving Sora.

Never suggested that the source of your side of the debate was from you.

I never said those,  nor did I claim such as facts. You may have misinterpreted bits of what I had to say. Never did I describe the size of TWEWY's resurgence, I stated that it did have a resurgence. That fact supported my claim that he has more of a presence with Switch owners.

And as for Cloud, I never denied described him as more relatable to Nintendo. Look,  if it's coming to the point where you're trying to mince words and half-truths with me, I think it's a clear sign that this debate has reached its conclusion. 

I mean,  let's not turn this debate into a bout of whodunnit. Now that that's out of the way,  let's get back to talking about Smash. 

Has anyone else heard of a rumor that there's a second direct supposedly coming soon?

Yes; however, if this is true, then it's mostly unrelated to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I’m gonna just drop this conversation as while I still have disagreements on how your interpreting my argument, it really adds nothing to the thread at this point. Yes I want Sora, and I still personally think given information being rumored, it points more towards him than Geno, however I’m not also thinking he’s the only other option or that Geno is for sure a no go. But again, dropped.

Anyway, I’m wondering how the stage morphing will be balanced, or if certain stages can only be morphed with certain other ones. That whole feature has me curious tbh. And if custom creation stages return, will those work with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Anyway, I’m wondering how the stage morphing will be balanced, or if certain stages can only be morphed with certain other ones. That whole feature has me curious tbh. And if custom creation stages return, will those work with it?

I think Sakurai said any stage can morph with the other? Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure there's no limits.

As for custom stages, pretty sure that was removed too. I hope it isn't though.

...they make for good ways to experiment with amiibo AI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ruomarta said:

Yes; however, if this is true, then it's mostly unrelated to this.

Yeah,  though there has been some say the first dlc character could potentially get revealed there. Interestingly enough. 

 

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Stages can morph with each other?

HMMMMMMM

 

Oh,  people already made that connection a while back. Granted, the game that's actually good is doing it too. Smash even has characters that PSBAR couldn't get. 

And you know you're in trouble when even Snake and Cloud are glad they didn't join your tournament. 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, not to derail your previous conversation, but I will like to ask one thing: Which version of Lifelight do you like? Me personally, I love both the English and Japanese versions. You can only answer through a number though, so:

1= English

2= Japanese

0= Both

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ruomarta said:

Hey guys, not to derail your previous conversation, but I will like to ask one thing: Which version of Lifelight do you like? Me personally, I love both the English and Japanese versions. You can only answer through a number though, so:

1= English

2= Japanese

0= Both

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Sonic now takes damage if he's in the water. Supposed to be a reference to his aquaphobia.

 Although I liked it better when they played the drowning music.

 He and Charizard are screwed if stamina battles take place in water stages.

Every stage with water just got banned in tournaments. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I think that Sonic getting damaged in water is a cute reference, it doesn't make any sense at all.

Like yeah, Sonic can't swim but water doesn't damage him. He can go in and out of water just fine in the games.

For people playing matches for fun, this might be annoying, even though it's just 0.3 damage/second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.