Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Sonic spirits (so far) have everyone expect Omega (so what's new), Eggman (weird, but let's not jump to conclusions) aaaand...Cream. This really isn't her time.

12 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

Yeah... that's a dumb argument.

Crouch argument was a joke, my bad for not making it clearer.

39 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Eggman (weird, but let's not jump to conclusions)

From the website:

fgthygtre.thumb.jpg.09a362865a3ef42c3635b6094943682b.jpg

Our boi Eggman is indeed a spirit.

Also, there's literally no reason not to include Omega or Cream, seeing as spirits are just PNGs. Maybe if we're lucky, we'll even get a Mighty or Ray spirit.

More Spirit screens, and with them, more proof that being a Spirit and being playable aren't mutually exclusive: (Hidden due to size)

Spoiler

208_3_EN.jpg

208_1_EN.jpg

208_2_EN.jpg

And here's the new Assist chick:

207_1.jpg

Today's Item
Yuri Kozukata Assist Trophy
The protagonist of the Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water game is now an assist trophy. If she gets you with her Camera Obscura you'll be paralyzed for a short time, so watch out!

Re: Spirits - it should be noted that the "playable character" spirits are all different forms of the character (i.e. Rock Mario, Super Sonic), or supposed to represent something specific (such as Yoga poses for the WFT).

Fighters do have spirits, but they're a separate, non-equippable category called Fighter Spirits.

• Thumbs Up 5

So for fun I tried to imagine what Spirit battles for certain Sonic characters could be like:

Spoiler

Eggman: Ideally would be his own boss fight. Failing that, use a Bowser Jr that doesn't attack directly, but has a Chain Chomp attached to him.

Tails: Isabelle on Pilotwings (with a raygun?). Could also do Fake Smash Balls as a reference to dummy rings? That would be interesting to see whenever the plane tilts.

Amy: Solo Nana (Ice Climber) in Green Hill. Maybe have her start with the hammer item for some extra spice.

Metal Sonic: Regular Sonic with a metal box. Derr.

Knuckles: The Knux AT hunts you down while you try to gather Dragoon pieces and KO him with it.

Team Chaotix: K.Rool as Vector, Greninja as Espio, uhhh... honestly not sure who I'd peg as Charmy. Diddy with a jetpack maybe?

Big: Inceneroar already has a Big-esque skin, but someone earlier also suggested using Greninja to stand in for Froggy and I'm kicking myself for not thinking of that.

Chaos: Corrin in some water-based stage (Great Bay / Pirate Ship?) who relies heavily on certain moves (basically the stretchy/watery ones - Fsmash, Dsmash, Forward B, Neutral B off the top of my head).

Shadow: His AT hinders you in a battle against Rouge, played by Pit. They were voiced by the same person back in Brawl iirc, so that'd be a pretty neat callback. Whenever Chaos Control wears off, he "teleports" by respawning in a different part of the stage.

Cream: Rosalina with a Bunny Hood. Her Luma hits much harder than her own attacks, which leaves her vulnerable for a while if you knock it out first.

Blaze: Inciniroar with a fire flower.

Silver: Mewtwo, uses Disable, Confusion and Backthrow constantly.

Infinite: Starts out as an all-star match with other random characters, before he enters himself as Dark Pit / Samus?

• Thumbs Up 7

New trailer in the house. With only 28 days left. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Have they shown male spirits possessing female characters and vice versa?

I recall them showing Camilla from Fire Emblem Fates possessing Olimar, and as the equip screens go,  it's possible yes. Any reason for the interest?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

I recall them showing Camilla from Fire Emblem Fates possessing Olimar, and as the equip screens go,  it's possible yes. Any reason for the interest?

Nah, just was curious as I wasn’t sure if I had seen it or not before in WoL and was just curious if Nintendo would do it or not. 

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Blacklightning said:

So for fun I tried to imagine what Spirit battles for certain Sonic characters could be like:

Hide contents

Blaze: Inciniroar with a fire flower.

We actually caught a glimpse of who Blaze will be inhabiting in the World of Light video. She's possessed pink-hair female Robin. (I'm assuming she'll use Arcfire as often as possible.)

• Thumbs Up 7

19 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Actually, that's just the victory screens. From what I've heard, his ass is still as flatt as it was was before.

Okay, I got to ask this, it's burning a hole in my head. I've noticed for months now of how people are disappointed or upset of how Zero Suit Samus and Snake's butts look in the game. Like SERIOUSLY, are people really that put off by this? I've even heard some people tweeted that they are not buying this game BECAUSE OF THAT REASON ALONE! I know to most it's probably a joke, but the way most people expressed it doesn't come off as a joke. I'm not trying to tell people how they should feel about certain things, but this situation to me comes off as annoying.

P.S: Not trying to attack you PubliceEnemy1 or really anyone in particular. I as a single individual just fine this situation very VERY weird and annoying.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

40 minutes ago, Ruomarta said:

Okay, I got to ask this, it's burning a hole in my head. I've noticed for months now of how people are disappointed or upset of how Zero Suit Samus and Snake's butts look in the game. Like SERIOUSLY, are people really that put off by this? I've even heard some people tweeted that they are not buying this game BECAUSE OF THAT REASON ALONE! I know to most it's probably a joke, but the way most people expressed it doesn't come off as a joke. I'm not trying to tell people how they should feel about certain things, but this situation to me comes off as annoying.

P.S: Not trying to attack you PubliceEnemy1 or really anyone in particular. I as a single individual just fine this situation very VERY weird and annoying.

It's a joke, but it also comes off as odd that they'd change his butt whenever they have bigger issues like balancing they could be focusing on

6 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

It's a joke, but it also comes off as odd that they'd change his butt whenever they have bigger issues like balancing they could be focusing on

This is unrelated...literally these 2 things have nothing to do with eachother.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

This is unrelated...literally these 2 things have nothing to do with eachother.

Oh, I'm sorry if I was derailing the topic. I just had to bring that up though.

Giving characters different models isn't odd...

43 minutes ago, Ruomarta said:

Oh, I'm sorry if I was derailing the topic. I just had to bring that up though.

That's not what I was saying.

9 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

New trailer in the house. With only 28 days left. 

Very unrealistic ad. These people should just be sitting in their dark bedrooms crying about the lack of playable Isaac and Banjo.

Spoiler

The "Who's playing Yoshi?" part reminds me of this time my friends and I were playing Brawl and were all convincing one friend that he wasn't playing Toon Link. We all kept saying we were playing Toon Link for over an hour, like in Spartacus. Eventually, he burst out laughing while drinking coke and got it everywhere and we added scolding him for getting the floor dirty.

• Chuckle 2
  • My Emmerdoods 1

9 hours ago, tailsBOOM! said:

9 hours ago, tailsBOOM! said:

I mean what they're spending their attention focusing on is odd

Are the same people creating the 3D models and creating the code/data/whatev? I'm sure those are two different groups.

It's not like they go "ok we're all gonna do butt first, then balance"

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally we get some clear direct feed  footage and a clean listen to Ridley's victory theme. 

I for one,  am digging it.

• Thumbs Up 1