Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Nairo's thoughts after playing Ultimate over the weekend:

3 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Rayman at 6:50

If spirits really deconfirm characters then RIP.

They don't.  Samus, Wii Fit, Mr. Game & Watch and King K Rool all have spirits.

9 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

They don't.  Samus, Wii Fit, Mr. Game & Watch and King K Rool all have spirits.

I could argue that those spirits aren't the actual fighters, just different versions of them.

I want to think they don't deconfirm, but after getting disappointed so many times I will not get my hopes up.

There are variants of fighters as spirits, and a special kind of spirit to represent actual fighters, so spirits like gravity suit Samus and pirate K Rool don't disprove the argument that spirits deconfirm characters as fighters.

But whether the picks they've made for spirits apply to or influence DLC characters at all is entirely up in the air.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, tailsBOOM! said:

@Tailikku They're from the Famicom game Yūyūki

I know, hence the "SUCK IT LOSERS" video.  I was pretty much pointing out that the trolls have nothing to stand for with Goku from DBZ getting in when we have Sun Wukong (using the Chinese name for differentiation) and Chao already in there as Spirits.

Except none of those trolls are here, no one really preached it here, so it comes off as whining for the sake of whining at this point. Or just an excuse to promote the meme.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, TAILS FOR SMASH ULTIMATE said:

Except none of those trolls are here, no one really preached it here, so it comes off as whining for the sake of whining at this point. Or just an excuse to promote the meme.

Actually no, I have seen a few posts on here arguing about having the DBZ Goku in here, and me countering with that image macro.  If anything, I'm trying to push it as a discredited meme.

Which were then promptly taken down by mods for a reason. It's a pointless thing to even bother with or even argue against. It's not happening, mostly everyone knows, and making any kind of deal out of it is basically an excuse to feel right and superior to someone else. All the Goku talk adds nothing to the thread. It's like arguing if tomorrow will come or not. It will, there's not even a point in debating it. I don't think anyone has any interest in disusing this as with Shrek or anything else. It's utterly pointless. Even if there are a few posters, that's a few vs a whole shit ton who know better. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It has been confirmed that manga characters can never appear in a Smash Bros game, as they have not originated in a video game, of which Smash Bros is basically a celebration of. Adding manga characters defeat the point.

Goku from Dragon Ball isn't happening, the meme isn't funny nor relevant, the whole discussion is pointless.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

It has been confirmed that manga characters can never appear in a Smash Bros game, as they have not originated in a video game, of which Smash Bros is basically a celebration of. Adding manga characters defeat the point.

Goku from Dragon Ball isn't happening, the meme isn't funny nor relevant, the whole discussion is pointless.

Thank you.

Now can someone tell me where they saw Bandana Dee as a spirit? I heard of a Waddle Dee but not Bandana Dee.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

Oh well... maybe Goku will be in Smash 6 😞

my uncle who works at nintendo says he will be, but don't tell anybody

• Chuckle 1
  • Absolutely 1

With all these things coming out, I won't be surprised if the game's opening is uploaded soon.

The opening is the one thing I'm not spoiling for myself.

1 hour ago, TAILS FOR SMASH ULTIMATE said:

Thank you.

Now can someone tell me where they saw Bandana Dee as a spirit? I heard of a Waddle Dee but not Bandana Dee.

Here ya go. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

17 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I feel for those Final Fantasy fans, if this is true. 

And there were seriously people suggesting that there was some sort of conspiracy against Sonic. 

Not to say that there's one against Final Fantasy either. If it's in the game, they want it there. 

It's a miracle that Cloud made it to Smash in the first place. We can conclude that the reason FF only has 2 tracks is because of Square Enix.

I'm not saying there's some sort of conspiracy against Sonic, but seeing as he's the only 3rd party character that's been with the series since Brawl, I'd say he deserved an Echo Fighter like Ryu and Simon did.

• Thumbs Up 1