Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

Looking through some of the other Spirits, I've noticed other female characters with miniskirts seem to be unchanged... I can understand why they'd cover Mythra's chest but her legs seem to be a non-issue, since it's not like you can look up her skirt or anything.

I was wondering... Maybe she'll get a 3D model in game? I mean I'd love for her to be playable as part of a Rex/Pyra/Mythra combo (like Pokémon Trainer), but seeing as how Rex "didn't quite make it" I doubt that'll happen. But I really don't get why they singled her out with the stockings otherwise. Tsubasa Oribe is unchanged, for example:

fYjU3B8.png

(I don't remember if she's wearing a skirt actually, those might be shorts)

I dunno. It seems suspicious...

[Takes off tinfoil hat]

• Chuckle 1

35 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

There was a exploit for Switch that’s seemingly unfixable due to it being a hardware flaw that was found months ago, and a Switch emulator is closer to working than you think. People have gotten Odyssey running on an emulator in a playable state so the ROM now apparently floating around is actually a really bad thing.

Hopefully Nintendo deals with it quickly.

Wow, a Nintendo home console that's easily hackable. Never saw that before.
But seriously, it's like they never learn, ever since the Wii hacking Nintendo stuff has been super-easy.

5 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

But seriously, it's like they never learn, ever since the Wii hacking Nintendo stuff has been super-easy.

Eh, this was specifically on NVIDIA. Its the chip itself that causes the issue.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, JaidynReiman said:

Eh, this was specifically on NVIDIA. Its the chip itself that causes the issue.

Especially when you consider that it's just a mobile chip set

• Absolutely 1

MIND OFFICIALLY BLOWN HERE!!! Smash Bros Ultimate will either confirm or kill an Earthbound fan theory!!!

Spoiler

One of the spirits is none other  than NESS'S FATHER!!!  Why is that interesting?  For those of you who have never played the game, Ness's father is only present in the sense that you can call him on the phone.  He is never actually seen.  Until now!!!

One fan theory is that Ninten (The protagonist for the first game) is his father.  Looks like we'll find out the truth soon!

image.thumb.png.b955adaf0711b249bc255ab5a1af74bb.png

Regarding the costume edit in question, the obvious point of comparison here is the way the ESRB submission for Smash 4 included a Tharja trophy, and that trophy was removed for the final game; Mythra's costume change is a similar sort of quick fix.  My understanding is that the ESRB looks at, or rather asks to be given, a representative sample of material from a game for them to look over when assessing an age rating.  It might be that they were given a sample including the Mythra spirit and picked up on her specifically; or perhaps Nintendo had had difficulties with them over Mythra before, when rating Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and so for this game they edited her design pre-emptively just to be on the safe side.

36 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

@tailsBOOM! Watch it just be

Reveal hidden contents

the telephone.

Most likely, that's the kind of humor Sakurai would put for something like this.

• My Emmerdoods 1

The Shop potential spoiler

Spoiler

Sounds like the "Oh ho ho ho ho ho" could be Eggman.  Makes sense considering it's equipment

2 hours ago, tailsBOOM! said:
Spoiler

There is no Waluigi hat for the Mii Fighters. 

*Cancels pre-order.

Have we gotten any estimates over how long it takes to beat WoL? I want to unlock all the characters as soon as possible, so I feel like that might be my best bet. 

3 minutes ago, Gamefreak3525 said:
  Hide contents

*Cancels pre-order.

Have we gotten any estimates over how long it takes to beat WoL? I want to unlock all the characters as soon as possible, so I feel like that might be my best bet. 

I think that there may be more they didn't decode.  That seems like it's too little though I'm excited about

Spoiler

My boy Isaac

getting a Mii costume.

Now if only we could get this song to go with it

Spoiler

but it isn't in the code.  DLC hopefully.

4 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

Well that's what happens when you use fucking SD Cards for your home console.

Seriously why the fuck did they use SD Cards.

• Promotion 1

I would make the joke that they're tasty, but that's not even applicable now.

• Chuckle 1
  • Absolutely 1

2 hours ago, Gamefreak3525 said:
  Hide contents

*Cancels pre-order.

Spoiler

There is a Waluigi hat. For whatever reason that text list only includes new "hat only" items. All first-party "hat only" items are back.

4 hours ago, tailsBOOM! said:

MIND OFFICIALLY BLOWN HERE!!! Smash Bros Ultimate will either confirm or kill an Earthbound fan theory!!!

Hide contents

One of the spirits is none other  than NESS'S FATHER!!!  Why is that interesting?  For those of you who have never played the game, Ness's father is only present in the sense that you can call him on the phone.  He is never actually seen.  Until now!!!

One fan theory is that Ninten (The protagonist for the first game) is his father.  Looks like we'll find out the truth soon!

image.thumb.png.b955adaf0711b249bc255ab5a1af74bb.png

Spoiler

There was a Google Drive list of all spirits that got deleted. Ness's Father is literally just the phone.

• My Emmerdoods 1

16 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

"Can support up to a 2 TB microSD card"

2TB microSD cards don't exist

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/integral-memory-new-512gb-microsd-card-3381378

There's going to be a day when 2 TB cards are going to be readily available for consumer purchase.  It would be asinine if Nintendo didn't prepare for it.

• Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, Blue Wisp said:

Well that's what happens when you use fucking SD Cards for your home console.

Seriously why the fuck did they use SD Cards.

vitacards.png

Would you rather have one of these?

Yuck...

• My Emmerdoods 2

3 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

vitacards.png

Would you rather have one of these?

Yuck...

I'd rather have a disc-based home console system that makes it harder to hack but oh well. Nintendo's gotta cut costs after how they fucked up the Wii U I guess.

Even still, with SD cards and all that I absolutely hate, Smash Ultimate still looks amazing, kudos to Nintendo for that. 

Just... Ugh. I hope I understand their market choices someday because right now some of the stuff they do boggles my mind.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

Okay so this is pretty rad, but also a huge spoiler:

Spoiler

...so huge in fact that I'm double-bagging it. Seriously this is a cool surprise you might want to save and find out yourself, last warning:

Spoiler

When they said "everyone is here"...they really meant it.

EyRWvUv.gif

(apparently it's just for one fight in WoL but still)

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

fa1.jpgIt was the most business those two ever got their whole lives. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 2

46 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Okay so this is pretty rad, but also a huge spoiler:

Hide contents

...so huge in fact that I'm double-bagging it. Seriously this is a cool surprise you might want to save and find out yourself, last warning:

Reveal hidden contents

When they said "everyone is here"...they really meant it.

EyRWvUv.gif

(apparently it's just for one fight in WoL but still)

HOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLY MARIOS! 0_0  THANK YOU SAKURAI AND ALL OF HIS TEAM! I always dreamed of this. Even if it's just one fight, I don't care. I can die happy with this.

2 hours ago, Ruomarta said:

HOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLY MARIOS! 0_0  THANK YOU SAKURAI AND ALL OF HIS TEAM! I always dreamed of this. Even if it's just one fight, I don't care. I can die happy with this.

Give me Tails at some point and Isaac next game plus this and then I'll be with you

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Give me Tails at some point and Isaac next game plus this and then I'll be with you

Hope that comes true for you, bud(someday). For me personally, I already have everything I wanted character-wise. Any other character that comes after this( e.g Sora, Geno, Akuma, Heihaichi, Issac(well maybe not in this game since he's already an Assist Trophy, like Shadow, Knuckles, Zero, Skull Kid, and Shovel Knight), Jeanne, Crash, Spyro, Banjo-Kazooie, Rayman, Shantae, etc) is just icing on the cake.

• Thumbs Up 1